Marinerz93
September 7, 2013, 12:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75

I do apologise Rob. Sorry, it's just the atmosphere on here isn't great at the moment. Nothing to do with you of course but it appears to be an oppressive atmosphere on here at the moment. Still, sorry about that one and UTM. Cracking logo by the way!

Padge

Now kiss

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 148
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 7, 2013, 12:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Marinerz93

Now kiss

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 148
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 7, 2013, 2:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

Fair point! I personally feel that this could have been handled slightly better in a way that would limit the amount of disruption caused to the club and the team.

For what it's worth I can't help feeling slightly sorry for Rob Scott tonight. If he has done what is alleged then that is completely wrong and appropriate action should be taken and it looks as if that is happening. He obviously has gone about things the wrong way and behaved unprofessionally at times, but I genuinely had the feeling that he wanted the club to do well and worked hard towards it. The way he behaved stemmed from frustration. Frustration that referees have been appalling at times, frustration that maybe fans have got on players backs too easily and frustration at the general negativity around the club. I think his approach to management is dated and not necessarily appropriate in the professional game of today and has contributed to his downfall.

Second part agree with. Rest total XYZ Maters of this sort need investigating and must follow due process.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 148
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 7, 2013, 2:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

Good point that maybe I should have addressed. Hopefully what is alleged isn't true, I think it could only be bad for the club if that has happened. One thing for sure is that since their arrival, tactics and formations aside, I've seen players that are professional and that have given their all for the club which is a mentality instilled by the managers. Many have and will draw similarities between a certain ex scouse manager and Rob Scott. This is complete tosh and couldn't be more untrue.

Just what is alleged. Does anyone really know?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 148
wigworld
September 7, 2013, 8:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
His pitchside behaviour, whether with the fans or with the opposing bench, gives the club no credibility at all, and should have been addressed a long time ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 134 - 148
RoboCod
September 7, 2013, 9:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from wigworld
His pitchside behaviour, whether with the fans or with the opposing bench, gives the club no credibility at all, and should have been addressed a long time ago.

This is the main point for me. I think he's a good coach, 90% of him ticks all the boxes required for a manager, but that missing 10%...this is what defines him in most peoples eyes. There's always been random speculation since these two joined that player x didn't like him/didn't rate him but in all honesty we have some great players such as Pearson, McKeown, Hearn etc who seem more than happy to extend their contracts under these two when they obviously would have other *possibly* better options away from Town.

I still think it's one outburst too many and enough is enough.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 148
GrimRob
September 7, 2013, 9:18am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from RoboCod

This is the main point for me. I think he's a good coach, 90% of him ticks all the boxes required for a manager, but that missing 10%...this is what defines him in most peoples eyes. There's always been random speculation since these two joined that player x didn't like him/didn't rate him but in all honesty we have some great players such as Pearson, McKeown, Hearn etc who seem more than happy to extend their contracts under these two when they obviously would have other *possibly* better options away from Town.

I still think it's one outburst too many and enough is enough.

Pick up any tabloid and you'll read tittle tattle of players not getting on with managers, it happens at every club. He's a young inexperienced manager he's bound to make mistakes, like Lawsy did before him and went on to have a successful career. Personally I'd rather have a young promising manager any day than someone at the end of his career like AB. If he comes back to work with the team hopefully he'll learn from this.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 136 - 148
gobby
September 7, 2013, 9:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
He was always on a short fuse and brought troubles on himself at every oppotunity but he and Hurst gave us fans something to finally to cheer about, 4th in the table and a day out at Wembley last season. That for me was a good season no matter how bad Scotts management skills were. If he has finished with the club I for one would like to thank him and hopefully it was a big learning curve for him and the club.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 148
Squarkus
September 7, 2013, 10:43am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from wigworld

who say it wasnt time after time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 148
EY Mariner
September 7, 2013, 10:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Who would want Buckley back?

Absolutely not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 148
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Rob Scott Gone

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.