dapperz fun pub
September 6, 2013, 7:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Meza
One thing I've noticed on btsports between hyde and town they showed the dressing rooms before the game at half time and at full time something you dont see on sky or motd.  Anyway at fulltime after town won you can see rob scott pointing his finger at certain players probably moaning, ok it wasnt the best performance but imagine being a player you win the game yet still get moaned at is this acceptable will this instill confidence and a happy dressing room?

That made me think about their management style.

His management style crossed my mind when he told his supporters to basically fook off and dont come erhh. But as big chris pointed out if he had got us out of the dog and duck the fans wouldnt have been bothered apparently  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 148
Meza
September 6, 2013, 7:07pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from topuphere666
But to be fair Meza we were awful against Hyde and the players needed a good talking to about it. Approach is key though and Scott hasn't got that. I'd imagine players like Thomas, colbeck, neilson will need an arm around their shoulder rather than a full on blast of swear words

Hmm I put that across wrong lol

yeah nothing wrong with a bollocking what I meant to say is I get the impression thats all he does.  Having said that Buckley locked the players in the dressing room lol and didn't Buckley lock someone in the ground I.e the grounds man.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 148
carrot top
September 6, 2013, 8:28pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
I think something had to be done anyway. The interest in following Town after just 6 games is dwindling fast. All you have to do is ask around. I went to he Aldershot game and could not believe how poor we were. The reports on here suggest we were worse against Nuneaton and we are supposed to have an improved squad compared to last season. Nobody is bigger than the club and the board have to ensure the manager/s are really acting in he best interests of it and not just about themselves an their egos. Worrying times at BP

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 148
davmariner
September 6, 2013, 10:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
How this has been handled is pathetic don't you think?! Reading between the lines I think we know what has gone on so why has it taken nearly a week to unfold and happened the day before a fairly important match?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 148
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 6, 2013, 10:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from davmariner
How this has been handled is pathetic don't you think?! Reading between the lines I think we know what has gone on so why has it taken nearly a week to unfold and happened the day before a fairly important match?

Haven't you heard of due process and getting your facts right before you gob of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 148
ginnywings
September 6, 2013, 10:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
It was always going to end this way. Scott, and to a lesser degree Hurst, have never endeared themselves to the Mariners faithful, and i don't believe they ever will, whatever they do.

I have said before that fan apathy and falling gates will get Fenty readying his trigger finger, and it sounds as if some opportunity has presented itself for Fenty to take action.

I have been told that the players don't like Scott and refer to him as the Goldfish because he is forever changing what he wants from them. It is clear from the performances that something is amiss and the players are totally lacking in confidence. Aswad Thomas has gone from the best to the worst left back in the division in the last 9 months for example. Scotts' constant outbursts cannot be good for team morale.

It was said on RH tonight that S&H aren't happy at the negativity of the fans, which is maybe a fair comment, but we have not had a lot to be positive about for the last few seasons. The club seems to be dying on it's bottom at the moment and i think a change was inevitable. I can't see Scott coming back to be honest, so we will either run with Hurst or be looking for yet another manager.

Let's hope that in either instance the right decision is reached, because a lot of fans are fed up and losing their appetite for GTFC.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 148
GrimRob
September 6, 2013, 11:16pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings
I have said before that fan apathy and falling gates will get Fenty readying his trigger finger, and it sounds as if some opportunity has presented itself for Fenty to take action.

Gates haven't fallen under S&H they have gone up, quite a lot. Last year we averaged 3800, it was 3100 the year before and a bit less the year before that. 3500 so far in the 3 games to date this season.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 106 - 148
Marinerz93
September 6, 2013, 11:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
This is the highest they have managed and it's common practice to have a go at the fans.  Neweel had a go at us for not having a go at him when the team was failing.

They never really gained our trust because they haven't put a side together with the money they have had hence the negativity.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 148
davmariner
September 6, 2013, 11:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Haven't you heard of due process and getting your facts right before you gob of.

Due process? The club released a statement this morning saying Rob Scott had left the club, they subsequently decided to retract it an hour after hence the confusion. Can't see why it would take 6 days to suspend someone following an alleged incident that occurred last Saturday. He should have been suspended on Sunday pending an internal investigation and an outcome as a result of findings, that my friend is due process.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 148
Marinerz93
September 6, 2013, 11:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from davmariner

Due process? The club released a statement this morning saying Rob Scott had left the club, they subsequently decided to retract it an hour after hence the confusion. Can't see why it would take 6 days to suspend someone following an alleged incident that occurred last Saturday. He should have been suspended on Sunday pending an internal investigation and an outcome as a result of findings, that my friend is due process.

I agree with your thought process but it depends were the information came from 'cough cough' because a certain person didn't know what went on pitch side  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 148
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Rob Scott Gone

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.