September 6, 2013, 12:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Who would want Buckley back?

No way! He had his time and his last spell proved utterly fruitless, it showed how clueless he was about his knowledge of players at the time, the majority of players he brought in weren't great and if he hadn't of gone Im sure we would have ended up going down with him at some point. I love the guy for what he did for us in his first and second spells but there is no way we could appoint him again and expect him to lead us up. The game has changed too much for Mr Buckley.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 148
alvinghammariner
September 6, 2013, 12:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
The merry go round continues! Not surprised by the Buckley suggestions, even though it would be utterly ridiculous

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 148
DavidB
September 6, 2013, 12:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Intrigue rules!

Interesting to hear what will be revealed in due course, both officially by the Club and on the grapevine (who on the 'new Fishy' has an inside link?). Being patient for news isn't easy though - hence the rush to speculate!

There's various posts about possible new managers....but at the moment we still have one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 148
FishOutOfWater
September 6, 2013, 12:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
I guess contractually now Scott has gone, Town would need to go through the process of making a "new" managerial appointment

Scott might well want Hurst to go with him at some stage but if the latter intends to stay and be a candidate in his own right, do you think that when interviews are being arranged, he'd go straight on to the short list?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 148
Meza
September 6, 2013, 1:08pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
I heard Scott will be back as Pauls assistant haha

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 148
GrimRob
September 6, 2013, 1:15pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Hope we get someone to assist Hurst who knows his stuff at this level rather than someone like Macca who mainly played in much higher divisions and some time ago. Be gutted if we get rid of Hurst as well, you might as well forget about the next two years.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 148
Alfie
September 6, 2013, 1:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Crass bullyboy.
Novelty of his petulance wore off big time over the past six months. Obviously he's done something particuarly unsavory this time.

Really not bothered about keeping the stumpy one either tbh. Reckon he'll struggle to 'keep' the dressing room over this. Far too big of a change. Bit of a Judas thing to do to his mate as well.

Clean slate please.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 148
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 6, 2013, 1:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
If Hurst is in sole charge then that might suggest a disagreement between the pair especially as Hurst has been doing most if not all of the Telewag interviews for the past week or more. Possibly the spat with Tondeur has something to do with it as well.

I think it's a pity it hasn't worked out but we will never know the full story. It always seemed to me that RS was trying to be a bit of a Cloughie but the only definite similarity is the mouth. It's understandable that they sat down after last year and looked at the York example but it was a big mistake. The one factor in their favour for most of last year was team spirit and that looks to be lacking in players who don't really look sure about what they are meant to be doing. We shall see which one really wanted 4-3-3 in tomorrow's team selection, won't we?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 148
GrimRob
September 6, 2013, 1:42pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Did it go to a boardroom vote? How did the two Trust member vote?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 148
FishOutOfWater
September 6, 2013, 1:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
If Hurst is in sole charge then that might suggest a disagreement between the pair especially as Hurst has been doing most if not all of the Telewag interviews for the past week or more. Possibly the spat with Tondeur has something to do with it as well.

I think it's a pity it hasn't worked out but we will never know the full story. It always seemed to me that RS was trying to be a bit of a Cloughie but the only definite similarity is the mouth. It's understandable that they sat down after last year and looked at the York example but it was a big mistake. The one factor in their favour for most of last year was team spirit and that looks to be lacking in players who don't really look sure about what they are meant to be doing. We shall see which one really wanted 4-3-3 in tomorrow's team selection, won't we?

OS just states :

Paul Hurst will take sole charge of team matters at this time.

The club will make a further statement in due course.

Read more at http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1039140.aspx#W7JcHvLkGCE0WVsV.99

Guess we'll have to wait and see what comes out...if anything ever does?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 148
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Rob Scott Gone

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.