Badger57
September 7, 2013, 10:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from pontoonlew
Only just seen this, pretty delighted he's out of the club to be fair. I also don't agree with the worry that a new manager could set us back 2 years, this isn't a case of a manager leaving behind a excrement squad. We've actually got a very very good squad imo just tactically inept managers and one in particular who is that self obsessed that he was failing to see that his tactics were not working. This gives Hurst a golden opportunity to put things right without it looking like he's back tracking on himself. For that reason alone I hope he stays and makes the club his own, he seems a decent enough bloke and could thrive without flipping motor mouth going off on his own tangent because he just wants to be right.

Tomorrows squad selection will be very very interesting. If it's a starting 11 we've been crying out for I reckon we will see a huge positive from Hurst in charge, if it's the same old shite then I can't see him being here this time next week.

I've got to agree with this 100%  

P.S. It's bloody GREAT gto be back on The Fishy!!!!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 148
louth_in_the_south
September 7, 2013, 10:49am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from GrimRob

If he comes back to work with the team hopefully he'll learn from this.

Can't really see how he could come back to the club now . Before the club changed their initial statement it sounded pretty final to me .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 148
EY Mariner
September 7, 2013, 10:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Totally agree, I think we went backward letting Miller and Nivan go, TBH the replacements have not shown anything better yet,

The key word there is yet. It is far too early to be making a judgement when, in fact, we have actually started this season better than we did the last.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 148
Garth
September 7, 2013, 12:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from 75

We don't know what's happened but I am sad for Rob who has always given his all. Perhaps too much of his all and I hope he comes back from this a more reasoned yet still passionate manger, best of luck Rob.

His all is just not good enough though is it, no time for sentiment for anyone  in our once great club languishing in the darkest regions of English football, we need a leader who can orchestrate with his brain and not his mouth.

Should he go, its good luck Rob and the next club who employs you, should he stay IMO it would be a backward step
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 148
rancido
September 7, 2013, 1:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
I was reliably informed that allegedly RS nearly left the club prior to the Nuneaton game. Allegedly there has been issues with his foul-mouthed ranting to some of the players as well.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 148
moosey_club
September 7, 2013, 3:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Meza
I'd have Buckley for coach ..driver..not manager

mind you, scrap that thought...the team would always arrive late as they wouldnt take the most direct route and just as they pulled up in front of the destination they would reverse back to halfway and set off again..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 148
Badger57
September 7, 2013, 3:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
At first the idea of Sir Alan coming back for Mark IV didn't appeal. I mean, after all, Mark III was not a success in any shape or form. Other league teams had long since sussed the way AB liked to play football. He was old hat and his time had gone. Therein lies the rub though. It was a long time ago and memories are short in football. I'm certain Alan could get this team playing decent football again, the way most of us like to see it played. I have no doubts about that. Also, we have very good strikers at this level who would love to be on the end of all the passing and movement that Alan would certainly like to instill into the players. Yes, I really quite the idea, certainly in the short to medium term. No great upheaval required as he's already at the club. yeah, I like it more and more!!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 148
RonMariner
September 7, 2013, 7:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Badger57
At first the idea of Sir Alan coming back for Mark IV didn't appeal. I mean, after all, Mark III was not a success in any shape or form.  

Apart from keeping us comfortably in L2 and getting to a Wembley final..............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 148
Badger57
September 7, 2013, 9:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

Apart from keeping us comfortably in L2 and getting to a Wembley final..............

Sheesh! Yeah, you're right! My, how my expectations of what I expected from a Mariners side have changed over the last ten years or so!  
Well, from a certain ex player, who most definately shall remain nameless, I understand Sir Alan will be in charge of training from Monday!
I do hope so.  
Good second half from the lads today though. A little more ambition and Cookie on 10 minutes earlier and I think we'd have sneaked all 3 points today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 148
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Rob Scott Gone

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.