Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My first ever Ponny experience.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 90 Guests

My first ever Ponny experience.

This thread currently has 5,817 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 10, 2012, 7:33pm
Guest User
Got be honest here.

After reading the reports on here I went in there wondering if I was gonna find general apathy and a bunch of chavs kicking their heels struggling to raise a whimper.

What I saw was breathtaking and touched my heart.

I was sat below the the noisy contingent with the drummer to the top right who never stopped ALL game.
Even at 0-1 just like the team they weren't subdued in the slightest, they were straight back on it.

I've got blisters on my hands and almost lost my voice but in comparison it's almost NOTHING compared to those who gave 200% in the Ponny today.

Take a bow lads, if anyone deserves success this season it's YOU lot, you all deserve a fooking gold medal.  

I now expect I'll be back in the top row of the Upper Smiths doing my football manager impression again soon.
But tell you what Ponny fans it sure as hell breaks my heart to say I'm gonna miss you.  
Marinerz93
November 10, 2012, 7:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1600
Got be honest here.

After reading the reports on here I went in there wondering if I was gonna find general apathy and a bunch of chavs kicking their heels struggling to raise a whimper.

I was sat below the the noisy contingent with the drummer to the top right who never stopped ALL game.
Even at 0-1 just like the team they weren't subdued in the slightest, they were straight back on it.

I've got blisters on my hands and almost lost my voice but in comparison it's almost NOTHING compared to those who gave 200% in the Ponny today.

Take a bow lads, if anyone deserves success this season it's YOU lot, you all deserve a fooking gold medal.  

I now expect I'll be back in the top row of the Upper Smiths doing my football manager impression again soon.
But tell you what Ponny fans it sure as hell breaks my heart to say I'm gonna miss you.  

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d7aupy.png[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 84
GyMariner
November 10, 2012, 7:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from 1600
Got be honest here.

it sounds like i was sat in basically the same area as you, i was with two other lads under the drum but about half was down, was you the guy who turned around to me asking what was happening up there with all the stewards?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 84
80sglory
November 10, 2012, 7:46pm
Guest User
Yep that was me mate.
Reply: 3 - 84
80sglory
November 10, 2012, 7:47pm
Guest User
You and your mates seem like a good bunch of lads BTW.
Reply: 4 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 10, 2012, 7:48pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Yeh we joined forces in that corner for a change, and made a hell of a difference. I'll be standing there more often. Lost my voice but hope it's back for next weekend, loved it. Could still do with more joining us and grouping together with us (like some of us did today), and we'll soon be louder and better. Onwards and upwards, UTM!

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 84
80sglory
November 10, 2012, 7:49pm
Guest User
Well done Gary !

ONE NIL UP
YOU FOOKED IT UP

ONE NIL UP
YOU FOOKED IT UP

Love it !!!  
Reply: 6 - 84
November 10, 2012, 7:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Yeh we joined forces in that corner for a change, and made a hell of a difference. I'll be standing there more often. Lost my voice but hope it's back for net weekend, loved it. Could still do with more joining us and grouping together with us (like some of us did today), and we'll soon be louder and better. Onwards and upwards, UTM!

Would there be a way for getting the whole of the corner moving back to where you used to sit or even better the centre of the pontoon as I think it would generate a better atmosphere. Can you remember Sailsbury last season how good the atmosphere was when everyone moved over? It could be like that every week!
Reply: 7 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 10, 2012, 7:58pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1739

Would there be a way for getting the whole of the corner moving back to where you used to sit or even better the centre of the pontoon as I think it would generate a better atmosphere. Can you remember Sailsbury last season how good the atmosphere was when everyone moved over? It could be like that every week!

Maybe one day, I have spoken to one of the lads who stand in the corner normally and even he said it would be best over towards centre, and I have mentioned about where I use to stand as there is plenty of room there. But we'll see, hope we do all (if not most) move though because I too think it would be better.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 84
bradzmilne
November 10, 2012, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,437
Gold Stars: 30
Tell you what last night i gave the pontoon abit of a slamming.
Today they made be look stupid!
Well done to all concerned, was a super atmosphere!

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 84
November 10, 2012, 8:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Maybe one day, I have spoken to one of the lads who stand in the corner normally and even he said it would be best over towards centre, and I have mentioned about where I use to stand as there is plenty of room there. But we'll see, hope we do all (if not most) move though because I too think it would be better.

If we could get the drummer to move towards the centre then I think the majority would follow. Not only would it sound loud but we would probably get the centre who usually sit joining in aswell.
Reply: 10 - 84
chicaneuk
November 10, 2012, 8:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I don't make it up for many home games in a season - maybe 4 or 5 - but always go in the pontoon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 84
jimgtfc
November 10, 2012, 8:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,139
Gold Stars: 46
'The ponny' aint what it used to be a good few years back. But i guess your gonna get a better atmosphere playing Wolves rather than Woking. So well done lads, it would be great to get back to the old atmosphere and maybe our league position may encourage it. Would anyone welcome a return to standing in the pontoon?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 84
ponnyfan
November 10, 2012, 8:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from bradzmilne
Tell you what last night i gave the pontoon abit of a slamming.
Today they made be look stupid!
Well done to all concerned, was a super atmosphere!
i think it was because i was back today  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 10, 2012, 8:57pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc
'The ponny' aint what it used to be a good few years back. But i guess your gonna get a better atmosphere playing Wolves rather than Woking. So well done lads, it would be great to get back to the old atmosphere and maybe our league position may encourage it. Would anyone welcome a return to standing in the pontoon?

Yeh, wouldn't cost much (surely) to take out some seats and put some barriers in. Do it left side, or, have the front few rows as seated and standing behind those seats?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 84
lukeo
November 10, 2012, 9:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,420
Gold Stars: 149
We asked a couple of seasons ago (or last season?) about moving into the middle of the pontoon and to cut a long story short they basically said no and we was lucky to have the drum at all. Worth asking again though!

to save making a new thread, i really miss the pontoon.. Infact I miss watching Town altogether I was in 'The Big Bank' today down at my local watching Exeter City v Fleetwood. It was a good atmosphere and i enjoyed it but couldn't get the full buzz like i do at BP!  OH and for those interested, Cheatwood are still at it, rolling around and time wasting with 30 minutes still to play!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 84
tonyfordsmicrofro
November 10, 2012, 11:03pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Apologies if I'm being a bit stupid here 80's, but today was your first time EVER in the Pontoon?

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 84
moosey_club
November 10, 2012, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.69
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
Not trying to p1ss on anybodies strawberries here but......and i say this as regular pontoonite myself......but sitting in the Osmand today i genuinely couldnt hear you today, it may sound like you are being noisy sat in the close vacinity but at the other end...nothing, could see you jumping about alot but no clear vocal noise.
Apart from a couple of Maarrriineeerrs which reverberated around the ground very little could be heard. Also sat at the other end it does highlight how very few people actually sit in the pontoon now, i would doubt even a third full.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 84
wigworld
November 10, 2012, 11:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I sit in the Lower Findus, near the half way line, and I could hear the Pontoon all game.  

What was going on with the stewards over there?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 84
bradzmilne
November 11, 2012, 12:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,437
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from wigworld
I sit in the Lower Findus, near the half way line, and I could hear the Pontoon all game.  

What was going on with the stewards over there?

Just handbags mate  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 84
80sglory
November 11, 2012, 1:12am
Guest User
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
Apologies if I'm being a bit stupid here 80's, but today was your first time EVER in the Pontoon?

Incredible isn't it ?!...
Always been in the Findus ever since I was knee high to a grasshopper.
Very rarely travel away too, think closest I've come to such passion was at Upton Park in the FACup when Brian Laws scored all those years ago.
Shows what I've been missing out on I suppose !  
Quoted from moosey_club
Not trying to p1ss on anybodies strawberries here but......and i say this as regular pontoonite myself......but sitting in the Osmand today i genuinely couldnt hear you today, it may sound like you are being noisy sat in the close vacinity but at the other end...nothing, could see you jumping about alot but no clear vocal noise.
Apart from a couple of Maarrriineeerrs which reverberated around the ground very little could be heard. Also sat at the other end it does highlight how very few people actually sit in the pontoon now, i would doubt even a third full.

Fair enough moosey but the players are sometimes a lot closer to the noise than you up the other end.  

Also if the opposition is up OUR end and HEARS the fervent support it's bound to have some negative psychological effect on them.
Even if we went 1 down that's partly what I think helped.

I do see your point though...
Tbh I couldn't always hear exactly what was being chanted and I was only a few rows away !  

But like to think it made a hell of a difference to the outcome though.
Cos as we already know, footballs often a game of fine margins.

Don't underestimate the effect of the drum or a few choice words to players in the corner too !  
Not that I did tbh but you could easily put off opposing attackers.
If S&H want a "hostile atmosphere" there's plenty of room for creativity in that department !  

Anyway perhaps this will mean more "join in" in the future and the "barmy army" (hopefully eventually the whole pontoon) move over to the right for more effect.

So think club/fans need to
a) move to the middle
b) realise there's a chance it's gonna spread like wildfire the more success and good matchday vibe it brings.  

Great job all not forgetting everyone else in the stand including the bald bloke with the glasses, is that marinerian ?!  

UTM
Reply: 20 - 84
ponnyfan
November 11, 2012, 6:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Very rarely travel away too, think closest I've come to such passion was at Upton Park in the FACup when Brian Laws scored all those years ago.

Fair enough moosey but the players are sometimes a lot closer to the noise than you up the other end.  

Also if the opposition is up OUR end and HEARS the fervent support it's bound to have some negative psychological effect on them.

Tbh I couldn't always hear exactly what was being chanted and I was only a few rows away !  

Don't underestimate the effect of the drum or a few choice words to players in the corner too !  
If S&H want a "hostile atmosphere" there's plenty of room for creativity in that department !  

Anyway perhaps this will mean more "join in" in the future and the "barmy army" (hopefully eventually the whole pontoon) move over to the right for more effect.

a) move to the middle
b) realise there's a chance it's gonna spread like wildfire the more success and good matchday vibe it brings.  

Great job all not forgetting everyone else in the stand including the bald bloke with the glasses, is that marinerian ?!  

UTM
No Marinerian sits in the Findus now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 84
Paris Mariner
November 11, 2012, 10:39am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
do have one thing o say about the Ponny cew - why do they throw their dummies out of the pram when some people in another stand start a chant? I've seen this several times home and away, somewhere else in the round a chant is started and the Pontoonites in the corner stat a different chant. Why? A lot of people join in with yours, play the game! Unity is the answer to a good atmosphere, not ultras style 'we'll sing this, you sing that'.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 84
jimgtfc
November 11, 2012, 10:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,139
Gold Stars: 46
Just seen the highlights, one hell of a lot of empty seats in the pontoon. Not the imposing '12th man' it used to be. Need to start filling it to spur the lads on.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 84
November 11, 2012, 11:23am
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club

I sat in the Upper for the cup game and I also thought the pontoon sounded quiet.
Reply: 24 - 84
voice of reason
November 11, 2012, 11:57am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1739

I sat in the Upper for the cup game and I also thought the pontoon sounded quiet.

The pontoon always sounds quiet, unless you're actually sat in there... Away fans must think the pontoon is full of mutes and people doing sign language because all you can see is finger pointing, you can't normally hear a peep out of them... (apart from the drum, of course)

Oh by the way, this isn't a dig at anyone, just a fact really... Guess it's down to the amount of people prepared to join in but also the acoustics of the pontoon...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 84
80sglory
November 11, 2012, 4:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from ponnyfan

Thanks Ponnyfan are you part of the noisy contingent yourself ?

VOR with all due respect if it's a problem or not working quite as well, then like everyone, come over to the Ponny and let's all make it 10 times better  

I would but I've normally got me old man in tow (or I'm in tow to him) and like to have a better overview of the game.

We need fans to be leaders on HERE thinking of every ways to create maximum effect + extra leaders on matchday to make the Ponny a place everyone wants to be and make it a nightmare for visiting teams to come to BP.
Reply: 26 - 84
GTFCchink
November 11, 2012, 5:47pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Okay guys, i read everyone thread and agree with them all.!

I was one half drumming (The Big One ) btw

Okay the drum does over loud the singing but thats because there is only like 25 of us singing through the game until last 10 mins, but the reason is there is sooo soo many little kids there that doesn't sing, It will sound alot better if we did move to the middle near the back, because it will echo the volume and bounce of the surface. Where we are sat now in the corner the volume just escapes to the side!

Since i started drumming 3 games back now (Gilly been working to much, so just temporary drumming atm till he comes back) I never stop because i want us to get behind the lads and give our full support because it will help us boost the players and get that promotion calling us!

Also Thanks for the support

Chink
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 84
GyMariner
November 11, 2012, 6:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from 1600

a) move to the middle

UTM

Hi again, and yeah thanks, most people in the ponny are actually decent lads around my age just wanting to create an atmosphere for their club, we're all really close up there and have a laugh.
About the noise, ive actually played a cup final on BP and you would be very very suprised on how much noise the players can hear, i could pick out single shouts from a 30man crowd pretty clearly, it just totally echos around you, so the crowd really helps in grimsbys motivation, so im sure a group of 50-100 lads could be heard very well.
I would really like to be positioned above the goal, but then you have issues with season ticket holders so i cant see everyone being moved successfully.

Believe it or not, but it's actually took me a couple of years to get as high as i was in the pontoon.

Anyway glad to meet you, seemed a very nice genuine guy!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 84
November 11, 2012, 6:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from ponnyfan

He was in the Osmond with me yesterday.
Reply: 29 - 84
80sglory
November 11, 2012, 8:00pm
Guest User
Cheers for your reply GyMariner, good to meet you (albeit briefly) too.
Quoted from GyMariner
I would really like to be positioned above the goal, but then you have issues with season ticket holders so i cant see everyone being moved successfully.

Well I personally think the club should move hell and high water if possible and decide what the priority is.
Understand season ticket holders might object but surely there's a way round it ?
It's not like there aren't enough seats (at least at the moment).

Quoted from GyMariner
Believe it or not, but it's actually took me a couple of years to get as high as i was in the pontoon.

Do you mean you were lower down to try to pass on "encouragement" to players within earshot ?
I certainly agree with what you say about how players CAN hear and it makes a difference as I pointed out before.

Eventually we could become SO organised that we've got hecklers in the corners and the barmy army making 1 hell of a racket in the middle.

One thing that stuck me yesterday I thought I should point out too (that's gonna be tricky to not make myself look a right male private  )....

Last few minutes think it's fair to say Town had controlled the game sufficeintly enough to "push on" and take the game to Woking al ot more.

That chorus

"Wooooooooor  
Wooooooooor
Wooooooooor
Na na na na na na na na na na
Wooooooooor
Wooooooooor
Wooooooooor
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na"

I imagine opposition teams are gonna ABSOLUTELY HATE IT.
Cos to me, it feels like it's helping sucking the ball into the net and draining their confidence away at the same time.
And possibly, especially late on in the game when they're struggling to offer as much resistance as before.

What is any co-incidence we scored 2 late goals ?
Perhaps not if it's simply a case of us pushing forward late but hope you see my point...
Reply: 30 - 84
kevikov
November 11, 2012, 8:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +858
Gold Stars: 13
We sit in the ponny, as you look at the goal just to the right. Kind of centre i guess. We're the last of the singers before it goes a bit quiet. We always try to start some chanting and try to carry on the left sides (to us) chants. Chink, not trying to start controversy here because i know the importance of a drum, but, it does sound like the east end during the blitz sometimes! I think with the drum, less is more so to speak, picking up the beat at the end of the line to reinforce the message and emphasise the next line coming in. The beat should support the chant but not other way round. There was some good rythym in there and if it was more defined i think it would not only carry better but entice more to join in. Defo remember about salisbury in the cup where the corner came across and it was as banging as it has been in there for a few years, since we last stayed up i think. The beat of a drum will carry around the ground but a few hundred voices will be clearer as happens away. Whoever bangs the drum, keep up the good work, compliment the chant and everyone join in, our club needs us!

As for bringing standing back to the ponny, we do every week anyway. Lets face it, if everyone who wanted to stand did so, who would stop them? Not the hi vis brigade.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 84
80sglory
November 11, 2012, 8:17pm
Guest User
Should everyone just do what they want and if there's any problem then deal with it later ?
Or can the trust or someone else just ask the club or something ?
Reply: 32 - 84
lobsterpot
November 11, 2012, 8:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
RE standing in the ponny, i for 1 always loved and prefer standing, especially with what it brings atmosphere wise. On the flip side tho' there is no way on God's earth that i would take my kids into a packed standing area nowadays. When you look back at how the ponny used to be it scares the $hit out of me thinking of my little ones in the middle of that.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 84
cmackenzie4
November 11, 2012, 8:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.21
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,346
Gold Stars: 34
My 1st ever trip to blundell park in 1976 I went into the ponny I was hooked straight away, It was an electric atmosphere, The singing and chanting was brilliant, Not like that nowadays unfortunately, although there was some good noise yesterday, these days for me its the lower findus although I went in the upper findus yesterday and was surprised by the noise made in the upper.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 84
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 11, 2012, 8:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,116
Gold Stars: 200
open the osmond to town fans!!! thats the way forward and the way to create noise!!

stick the away fans in the upper findus (osmond side)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 84
kevikov
November 11, 2012, 8:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Should everyone just do what they want and if there's any problem then deal with it later ?
Or can the trust or someone else just ask the club or something ?

I think the problem with the old terracing was the surging, a crowd is a fluid force like traffic, when there's a surge the mass moves but the front, middle and back move in differing speeds and force, this results in inevitable impacts and reactions. These surges were stamped out and all seater stands were widely thought of as removing the moving force. Standing in front of a seat removes the temptation to surge forward, fair enough, but football isn't cricket or swimming etc and as such the urge to get to your feet at times is almost impossible to deny!

To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 84
kevikov
November 11, 2012, 9:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Question for you 80's, seeing as you slummed it in the ponny with us lot yesterday (you tramp  ) How did the perspective differ from your usual view in the lap of the gods? Not so much just the view of the game, formation etc but the overall experience and perspective of being behind the game? Genuinely interested as it was your first time. Now you've popped your cherry!

To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 84
GTFCchink
November 11, 2012, 10:41pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Screw it, I'm Moving to the middle with the drum on saturday we need to try this out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 84
November 11, 2012, 10:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from GTFCchink
Screw it, I'm Moving to the middle with the drum on saturday we need to try this out

Good lad, spread the word and let everyone know. Lets do our bit and make BP a place teams hate to come to, UTM!
Reply: 39 - 84
chaos33
November 11, 2012, 11:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
This is the Pontoon proper - miles better than it is now:
Check it out after Gary Childs scores at 06:38  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H009wsh4cK4

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 84
80sglory
November 11, 2012, 11:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from kevikov
I think the problem with the old terracing was the surging, a crowd is a fluid force like traffic, when there's a surge the mass moves but the front, middle and back move in differing speeds and force, this results in inevitable impacts and reactions. These surges were stamped out and all seater stands were widely thought of as removing the moving force. Standing in front of a seat removes the temptation to surge forward, fair enough, but football isn't cricket or swimming etc and as such the urge to get to your feet at times is almost impossible to deny!

See what you're saying.
Just in case you thought "do what you we want" meant ripping out the seats I meant moving over to the middle

Anyway yeah you're right lots of people were standing at times myself included.
Did turn round and ask if it was ok to the bloke who's view I was blocking though, cos never want to ruin anyone's enjoyment.

But oh, think I see what you're saying - it's easier and more enjoyable to support if you're stood up ?
Suppose it's a good point.
I just love the atmosphere whatever I'm doing.

Quoted from kevikov
Question for you 80's, seeing as you slummed it in the ponny with us lot yesterday (you tramp  )

How dare you !
Please don't let my eloquence fool you, I'm certainly no snob and no better than anyone else.
Said all along the travelling support are far better fans than me.

Quoted from kevikov
How did the perspective differ from your usual view in the lap of the gods? Not so much just the view of the game, formation etc but the overall experience and perspective of being behind the game? Genuinely interested as it was your first time. Now you've popped your cherry!

View wasn't as good from a FM perspective but just a far better atmosphere all round makes it a lot more enjoyable.
I love to have a good bawl too with a few expletives thrown in so think it did me the world of good.  
Can't really add much more except perhaps it's more interesting to be right close to the action and the players and even celebrate with them.

intercourse me I'm gonna be bored rigid in the Upper Smiths next Saturday.   (except for the action on the pitch of course)
Reply: 41 - 84
80sglory
November 11, 2012, 11:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
Check it out after Gary Childs scores at 06:38  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H009wsh4cK4

Cheers chaos I remember that goal with Tony Rees making that challenge.
tbh I don't even want to imagine how good it must have felt.
Doubt we'll ever get back to those levels but suppose we are where we are and guess (if allowed etc) we can only try our best.

Reply: 42 - 84
chaos33
November 11, 2012, 11:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
It was pure magic!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 84
kevikov
November 12, 2012, 12:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
I like the point you make about being right close to the action 80's, celebrating with the players after scoring is a great bonus for the ponny but i also see more now the attraction of the lower findus, perfect view, albeit low, very close to the action. I've only been in there once, in the cup against ashington and i honestly felt weird all game! took ages to adjust my senses to the view, sound (especially the clear sound of the players talking to each other) and the angle of play (which was the hardest).

Chink - good man, don't let the oldies who'll definately grumble to start with put you off.  I'm already looking forward to it. Might bring me harmonica  

To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 84
80sglory
November 12, 2012, 12:18am
Guest User
Interesting kevikov yeah I suppose you're right it's good to gain new experiences and angles from different stands.
Haven't been in the lower smiths either tbh.
Though have been in the main stand but sorry, just don't like all those posts blocking my view.
Each to his own though.

Hey kevikov you say harmonica, does anyone know what the rules are about bringing "instruments" (for lack of a better word) into the ground ?
Got to be honest, I wondered if a ghetto blaster might be an option.  
Reply: 45 - 84
Wrawby_Mariner
November 12, 2012, 12:21am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1600
Interesting kevikov yeah I suppose you're right it's good to gain new experiences and angles from different stands.
Though have been in the main stand but sorry, just don't like all those posts blocking my view.
Each to his own though.

Hey kevikov you say harmonica, does anyone know what the rules are about bringing "instruments" (for lack of a better word) into the ground ?

Scunthorpe used to have crowd noises pre recorded to make the ground sound fuller . True story
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 46 - 84
aaron rattray
November 12, 2012, 7:23am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I sit in the main stand for league games and that's very silent, there is a few people trying to stamp feet but it hardly ever catches on, however for cup games i sit in the ponny with a few mates, and i think the top corner should move into the middle back and every game we need to get a strong chant of scott and hurst black and white army going for 10 minutes and not just letting it peter out into silence, needs to be like Lincoln away with everybody chanting Scott and hurst black and white army for like 20 minutes

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 84
kevikov
November 12, 2012, 5:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Scunthorpe used to have crowd noises pre recorded to make the ground sound fuller . True story

Like canned laughter on the old sitcoms? priceless. Where was the crowd noise recorded from? I'm going for.......blundell park, 97-98 season!

To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 84
kevikov
November 12, 2012, 5:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Each to his own though.

As your username suggests, i think they've had their day mate!

To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 84
grimsby pete
November 12, 2012, 5:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,858
Gold Stars: 223
The ponny was half empty on saturday,

BUT

I could hear them and the drum from the upper Findus,

If it was full I am sure the whole ground would hear them.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 84
grimsby pete
November 12, 2012, 5:56pm

Exile
The ponny was half empty on saturday,

BUT

I could hear them and the drum from the upper Findus,

If it was full I am sure the whole ground would hear them.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 84
GyMariner
November 12, 2012, 6:02pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Cheers for your reply GyMariner, good to meet you (albeit briefly) too.

Well I personally think the club should move hell and high water if possible and decide what the priority is.
Understand season ticket holders might object but surely there's a way round it ?
It's not like there aren't enough seats (at least at the moment).

Do you mean you were lower down to try to pass on "encouragement" to players within earshot ?
I certainly agree with what you say about how players CAN hear and it makes a difference as I pointed out before.

Eventually we could become SO organised that we've got hecklers in the corners and the barmy army making 1 hell of a racket in the middle.

One thing that stuck me yesterday I thought I should point out too (that's gonna be tricky to not make myself look a right male private  )....

Last few minutes think it's fair to say Town had controlled the game sufficeintly enough to "push on" and take the game to Woking al ot more

That chorus

"Wooooooooor  
Wooooooooor
Wooooooooor
Wooooooooor
Wooooooooor
Wooooooooor
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na"

I imagine opposition teams are gonna ABSOLUTELY HATE IT.
Cos to me, it feels like it's helping sucking the ball into the net and draining their confidence away at the same time.
And possibly, especially late on in the game when they're struggling to offer as much resistance as before.

What is any co-incidence we scored 2 late goals ?
Perhaps not if it's simply a case of us pushing forward late but hope you see my point...

About my Current seat, I meant that the seats in this area are in such high demand that it's taken me a couple of years to get as high as I was, because us lads see it as 'the higher' - the better. No one wants to be stuck on a low row down in the bottom left.
  However I've had a season ticket since I was 3 years old and have experienced every stand, I enjoyed the findus          
For the great view, however I felt like I couldn't stand up and shout, and me and my mates were eager to join into the atmosphere, so we moved to the ponny, it's a greet stand and you get the best of everything. The atmosphere and singing is top notch, especially Lincoln games, being so close to the goal really let's you get a great view of penalties, free kicks etc. But you can actually interact with players more and it's Overall more enjoyable.

I would really like to see a move to the centre above goal however would this cause conflict with the people already there? Do they want to be pushed away to the left/right? We should try this next game but I can't see it happening as young lads aren't going to be able to move men.

A move to the middle would benefit the players motivation because more people can join in with the singing, if you think about it, the only available seats to join in with the main 'barmy army' are where you was sat below, or maybe towards the right.  However we were in the middle you have all available angles to sit, left,right,above,below. So there would be an increase in atmosphere

I'm not there next Saturday, probably the 4th home game missed in 13years watching? However if your ever in the pony again, preferably the same area give us a bell!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 84
Super Clive
November 12, 2012, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
TO the lad whos the temporary drummer who posted 2 pages back! well done mate i hope you do move to middle like you say...would be so much better mate!
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 84
GyMariner
November 12, 2012, 6:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Super Clive
TO the lad whos the temporary drummer who posted 2 pages back! well done mate i hope you do move to middle like you say...would be so much better mate!

Second this, well done mate, think we may have spoke personally anyway, let's actually put words into action this saturday and make a move! Cant attend this Saturday however

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 12, 2012, 6:19pm

Brandy Drinker
GyMariner do you stand with the drummers? If so and if you know who I am, I normally stand on other side of the stairs from you and your mates, with a few other lads. We joined the drummer and his mates against Woking and made a difference, but I do agree a move towards the middle would be better. But maybe move to the other side of the stairs to where I and the other lads normally stand, there is always plenty of room stretching from there to the middle section for a good group of us to group together and see how things go? There was a few lads that didn't move with us and stayed there last game, so if we (me the lads I go with, the lads that didn't join last time, and you, the drummers and their mates) all joined together at the back where I normally stand, it could be a start? Up to you and the drummers, their mates, but just a sejestion (if you can make any sense out of what I have just said lol).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 84
GyMariner
November 12, 2012, 6:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock
GyMariner do you stand with the drummers? If so and if you know who I am, I normally stand on other side of the stairs from you and your mates, with a few other lads. We joined the drummer and his mates against Woking and made a difference, but I do agree a move towards the middle would be better. But maybe move to the other side of the stairs to where I and the other lads normally stand, there is always plenty of room stretching from there to the middle section for a good group of us to group together and see how things go? There was a few lads that didn't move with us and stayed there last game, so if we (me the lads I go with, the lads that didn't join last time, and you, the drummers and their mates) all joined together at the back where I normally stand, it could be a start? Up to you and the drummers, their mates, but just a sejestion (if you can make any sense out of what I have just said lol).

Yeah i know who you are, I know most of the lads up there however I don't sit right up top because all the seasons ticket seats where sold out, I'm on row H with two other lads which is still near everyone, just a little below, but I'm sure if you point it out next game they would all move!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 12, 2012, 6:33pm

Brandy Drinker
Ah right, yeh I'll mention it and see what happens.

In the pontoon though from left to the middle (facing towards the Osmand stand) there are like 3 groups of fans that make noise. Those in the corner with drummers (noisy corner), Me and a group of others on the other side of the stairs from the noisy corner, then there's another group towards the middle (older lads). Between me and the middle group, there is a lot of empty seats in row P downwards, must be about 50 odd seats. If that group from the corner with the drummers, filled that gap between my group and the middle group then it would make an even better difference (maybe).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 84
November 12, 2012, 6:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock
But maybe move to the other side of the stairs to where I and the other lads normally stand, there is always plenty of room stretching from there to the middle section for a good group of us to group together and see how things go? There was a few lads that didn't move with us and stayed there last game, so if we (me the lads I go with, the lads that didn't join last time, and you, the drummers and their mates) all joined together at the back where I normally stand, it could be a start? Up to you and the drummers, their mates, but just a sejestion (if you can make any sense out of what I have just said lol).

I think this is where we should do it but we need to spread the word to anyone you know so that people are aware of what we are doing so that there is not just a couple of us as I am not sure alot of the top right read the fishy.
Reply: 58 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 12, 2012, 6:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1739

I think this is where we should do it but we need to spread the word to anyone you know so that people are aware of what we are doing so that there is not just a couple of us as I am not sure alot of the top right read the fishy.

I'll brag about it on facebook and get others to copy and paste, friends of friends will see then, the word will spread quick that way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 84
November 12, 2012, 6:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock

I'll brag about it on facebook and get others to copy and paste, friends of friends will see then, the word will spread quick that way.

Good lad, post it on peoples walls if I were you. Let the pontoon revolution begin
Reply: 60 - 84
GyMariner
November 12, 2012, 7:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Gary, make a facebook page called 'the pontoon revolution' explain what's happening, and invite all town fans, they will then post on it, the world will soon spread! I'll add you on facebook now, wanna do it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 12, 2012, 7:07pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from GyMariner
Gary, make a facebook page called 'the pontoon revolution' explain what's happening, and invite all town fans, they will then post on it, the world will soon spread! I'll add you on facebook now, wanna do it?

Yeh why not, can only help.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 84
GyMariner
November 12, 2012, 7:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
whats your second name gary?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 12, 2012, 7:27pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from GyMariner
whats your second name gary?

Gary Groves, and here's a link for the group. Think we should change the name though lol.

https://www.facebook.com/pages.....tif_t=page_new_likes

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 84
kevikov
November 12, 2012, 9:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Ah right, yeh I'll mention it and see what happens.

In the pontoon though from left to the middle (facing towards the Osmand stand) there are like 3 groups of fans that make noise. Those in the corner with drummers (noisy corner), Me and a group of others on the other side of the stairs from the noisy corner, then there's another group towards the middle (older lads). Between me and the middle group, there is a lot of empty seats in row P downwards, must be about 50 odd seats. If that group from the corner with the drummers, filled that gap between my group and the middle group then it would make an even better difference (maybe).

I've just realised I'm an "older" lad.    

never mind, get yourselves over towards the middle lads. looking forward to it.

To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 12, 2012, 10:06pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from kevikov

I've just realised I'm an "older" lad.    

never mind, get yourselves over towards the middle lads. looking forward to it.

Most around the middle are like 30+, I'm 24 but most of the lads in the corner and where I normally stand are under 20.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 84
ponnyfan
November 12, 2012, 10:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Thanks Ponnyfan are you part of the noisy contingent yourself ?

VOR with all due respect if it's a problem or not working quite as well, then like everyone, come over to the Ponny and let's all make it 10 times better  

I would but I've normally got me old man in tow (or I'm in tow to him) and like to have a better overview of the game.

We need fans to be leaders on HERE thinking of every ways to create maximum effect + extra leaders on matchday to make the Ponny a place everyone wants to be and make it a nightmare for visiting teams to come to BP.

I sit in the next block to the singers towards the lower part of the stand. I like to join in and get behind the team, but i'm a bit old to be climbing all those steps now

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 84
grimsby pete
November 12, 2012, 10:20pm

Exile
Quoted from ponnyfan

I sit in the next block to the singers towards the lower part of the stand. I like to join in and get behind the team, but i'm a bit old to be climbing all those steps now

Yes he is 29 now.  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 84
ponnyfan
November 12, 2012, 10:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Yes he is 29 now.  
Shouldn't that be the 39 Steps ? You were in that weren't you Pete ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 84
80sglory
November 13, 2012, 12:47am
Guest User
Quoted from ponnyfan

Quoted from GyMariner
I'm not there next Saturday, probably the 4th home game missed in 13years watching? However if your ever in the pony again, preferably the same area give us a bell!

Can't promise anything but might be able to make another appearance for the game v Buxton.
If I go sure you'll see me, I'm the REALLY REALLY old g1t !
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Between me and the middle group, there is a lot of empty seats in row P downwards, must be about 50 odd seats. If that group from the corner with the drummers, filled that gap between my group and the middle group then it would make an even better difference (maybe).

Gary was just gonna make a suggestion if I may ?
Just not to be put off if you see a few fans sitting in what you'd otherwise call an "open space".
Instead of thinking "Oh a few fans are sat there, we can't go there" my advice would be to just all sit round them.
Don't worry, once you get going if it's not their cup of tea they'll soon decide to move elsewhere !

Anyway not trying to tell you what to do, just a thought...

Sure we'll all be looking out for you on Saturday around the ground so top job well done, enjoy yourselves & good luck !
Quoted from 1739
Let the pontoon revolution begin

THIS !  
Reply: 70 - 84
bogbrush
November 13, 2012, 1:03am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Most around the middle are like 30+, I'm 24 but most of the lads in the corner and where I normally stand are under 20.  

Clear off Gary and let me have "my" Q110 back in peace!

Loud twit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 84
lukeo
November 13, 2012, 8:08am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,420
Gold Stars: 149
good luck boys, i've joined the group just to keep updated and give you guys an extra 'like' ... Obviously I won't be at BP anytime soon being 350 miles away but i hope it works out for you all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 13, 2012, 11:23am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from bogbrush

Clear off Gary and let me have "my" Q110 back in peace!

Loud twit

Haha that's little Josh who has your seat. Just throw him out LOL. My seat is suposed to be M75 (I think), but never stand there.  

And yeh 80s I agree. UTM!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 84
Marinerz93
November 13, 2012, 4:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

This is true and I believe the recording was done over a couple of seasons then played for several seasons as background noise.  There was many complaints because the Scunts were on a slump and it gave the impression the away support was bigger than it was.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 84
Marinerz93
November 13, 2012, 4:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from lobsterpot
RE standing in the ponny, i for 1 always loved and prefer standing, especially with what it brings atmosphere wise. On the flip side tho' there is no way on God's earth that i would take my kids into a packed standing area nowadays. When you look back at how the ponny used to be it scares the $hit out of me thinking of my little ones in the middle of that.

Kids would never get any where near the middle of the old pontoon or osmond corner, you had to push and fight your way to the center that's why when there was a surge it was madness.  With standing like minded people gather together and that's why you get a great atmosphere.

Private Message
Reply: 75 - 84
pseudonym
November 13, 2012, 8:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
One of my first Ponny experiences was around 1965 when I was thrown in the air after John Fielding scored the winner against Hull
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 13, 2012, 8:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from pseudonym
One of my first Ponny experiences was around 1965 when I was thrown in the air after John Fielding scored the winner against Hull

Did you stand in another stand before the 60s then Terry?    

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 84
pseudonym
November 13, 2012, 8:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Did you stand in another stand before the 60s then Terry?    
I actually used to sit in the Osmond Stand when I first started going

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 13, 2012, 8:45pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from pseudonym

I was only joking. But it's great to see and hear fans are still going after so many years. Hope I last as a supporter for as long or longer. UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 84
ponnyfan
November 13, 2012, 9:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock

I was only joking. But it's great to see and hear fans are still going after so many years. Hope I last as a supporter for as long or longer. UTM.
Pseudo has his own personal zimmer at the turnstile to guide him to his seat the old twit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 13, 2012, 9:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ponnyfan
Pseudo has his own personal zimmer at the turnstile to guide him to his seat the old twit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 84
FishOutOfWater
November 14, 2012, 1:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from pseudonym

Looking back we didn't actually play Hull at home in 1965 itself...

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=7988341

Remembering big crowds against the Targers, I think you might mean the game at the back end of the 65/66 season when we won 1-0 and as I recall, we were featured on Anglia's "Match of the Week"

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 82 - 84
somersetmariner
November 14, 2012, 2:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from chaos33

I was there that day!! Did anyone see me?  

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 84
wigworld
November 14, 2012, 3:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from pseudonym

Are you sure it wasn't the Main Stand? The Osmond wasn't built until 1939.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 84 - 84
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My first ever Ponny experience.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.