Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My first ever Ponny experience.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 60 Guests

My first ever Ponny experience.

This thread currently has 5,821 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
November 10, 2012, 8:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Maybe one day, I have spoken to one of the lads who stand in the corner normally and even he said it would be best over towards centre, and I have mentioned about where I use to stand as there is plenty of room there. But we'll see, hope we do all (if not most) move though because I too think it would be better.

If we could get the drummer to move towards the centre then I think the majority would follow. Not only would it sound loud but we would probably get the centre who usually sit joining in aswell.
Reply: 10 - 84
chicaneuk
November 10, 2012, 8:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I don't make it up for many home games in a season - maybe 4 or 5 - but always go in the pontoon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 84
jimgtfc
November 10, 2012, 8:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 46
'The ponny' aint what it used to be a good few years back. But i guess your gonna get a better atmosphere playing Wolves rather than Woking. So well done lads, it would be great to get back to the old atmosphere and maybe our league position may encourage it. Would anyone welcome a return to standing in the pontoon?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 84
ponnyfan
November 10, 2012, 8:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from bradzmilne
Tell you what last night i gave the pontoon abit of a slamming.
Today they made be look stupid!
Well done to all concerned, was a super atmosphere!
i think it was because i was back today  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 10, 2012, 8:57pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from jimgtfc
'The ponny' aint what it used to be a good few years back. But i guess your gonna get a better atmosphere playing Wolves rather than Woking. So well done lads, it would be great to get back to the old atmosphere and maybe our league position may encourage it. Would anyone welcome a return to standing in the pontoon?

Yeh, wouldn't cost much (surely) to take out some seats and put some barriers in. Do it left side, or, have the front few rows as seated and standing behind those seats?

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 84
lukeo
November 10, 2012, 9:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,420
Gold Stars: 149
We asked a couple of seasons ago (or last season?) about moving into the middle of the pontoon and to cut a long story short they basically said no and we was lucky to have the drum at all. Worth asking again though!

to save making a new thread, i really miss the pontoon.. Infact I miss watching Town altogether I was in 'The Big Bank' today down at my local watching Exeter City v Fleetwood. It was a good atmosphere and i enjoyed it but couldn't get the full buzz like i do at BP!  OH and for those interested, Cheatwood are still at it, rolling around and time wasting with 30 minutes still to play!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 84
tonyfordsmicrofro
November 10, 2012, 11:03pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Apologies if I'm being a bit stupid here 80's, but today was your first time EVER in the Pontoon?

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 84
moosey_club
November 10, 2012, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.69
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
Not trying to p1ss on anybodies strawberries here but......and i say this as regular pontoonite myself......but sitting in the Osmand today i genuinely couldnt hear you today, it may sound like you are being noisy sat in the close vacinity but at the other end...nothing, could see you jumping about alot but no clear vocal noise.
Apart from a couple of Maarrriineeerrs which reverberated around the ground very little could be heard. Also sat at the other end it does highlight how very few people actually sit in the pontoon now, i would doubt even a third full.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 84
wigworld
November 10, 2012, 11:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I sit in the Lower Findus, near the half way line, and I could hear the Pontoon all game.  

What was going on with the stewards over there?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 84
bradzmilne
November 11, 2012, 12:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,437
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from wigworld
I sit in the Lower Findus, near the half way line, and I could hear the Pontoon all game.  

What was going on with the stewards over there?

Just handbags mate  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My first ever Ponny experience.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.