Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My first ever Ponny experience.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 67 Guests

My first ever Ponny experience.

This thread currently has 5,793 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 10, 2012, 7:33pm
Guest User
Got be honest here.

After reading the reports on here I went in there wondering if I was gonna find general apathy and a bunch of chavs kicking their heels struggling to raise a whimper.

What I saw was breathtaking and touched my heart.

I was sat below the the noisy contingent with the drummer to the top right who never stopped ALL game.
Even at 0-1 just like the team they weren't subdued in the slightest, they were straight back on it.

I've got blisters on my hands and almost lost my voice but in comparison it's almost NOTHING compared to those who gave 200% in the Ponny today.

Take a bow lads, if anyone deserves success this season it's YOU lot, you all deserve a fooking gold medal.  

I now expect I'll be back in the top row of the Upper Smiths doing my football manager impression again soon.
But tell you what Ponny fans it sure as hell breaks my heart to say I'm gonna miss you.  
Marinerz93
November 10, 2012, 7:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1600
Got be honest here.

After reading the reports on here I went in there wondering if I was gonna find general apathy and a bunch of chavs kicking their heels struggling to raise a whimper.

I was sat below the the noisy contingent with the drummer to the top right who never stopped ALL game.
Even at 0-1 just like the team they weren't subdued in the slightest, they were straight back on it.

I've got blisters on my hands and almost lost my voice but in comparison it's almost NOTHING compared to those who gave 200% in the Ponny today.

Take a bow lads, if anyone deserves success this season it's YOU lot, you all deserve a fooking gold medal.  

I now expect I'll be back in the top row of the Upper Smiths doing my football manager impression again soon.
But tell you what Ponny fans it sure as hell breaks my heart to say I'm gonna miss you.  

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d7aupy.png[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 84
GyMariner
November 10, 2012, 7:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from 1600
Got be honest here.

it sounds like i was sat in basically the same area as you, i was with two other lads under the drum but about half was down, was you the guy who turned around to me asking what was happening up there with all the stewards?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 84
80sglory
November 10, 2012, 7:46pm
Guest User
Yep that was me mate.
Reply: 3 - 84
80sglory
November 10, 2012, 7:47pm
Guest User
You and your mates seem like a good bunch of lads BTW.
Reply: 4 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 10, 2012, 7:48pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Yeh we joined forces in that corner for a change, and made a hell of a difference. I'll be standing there more often. Lost my voice but hope it's back for next weekend, loved it. Could still do with more joining us and grouping together with us (like some of us did today), and we'll soon be louder and better. Onwards and upwards, UTM!

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 84
80sglory
November 10, 2012, 7:49pm
Guest User
Well done Gary !

ONE NIL UP
YOU FOOKED IT UP

ONE NIL UP
YOU FOOKED IT UP

Love it !!!  
Reply: 6 - 84
November 10, 2012, 7:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Yeh we joined forces in that corner for a change, and made a hell of a difference. I'll be standing there more often. Lost my voice but hope it's back for net weekend, loved it. Could still do with more joining us and grouping together with us (like some of us did today), and we'll soon be louder and better. Onwards and upwards, UTM!

Would there be a way for getting the whole of the corner moving back to where you used to sit or even better the centre of the pontoon as I think it would generate a better atmosphere. Can you remember Sailsbury last season how good the atmosphere was when everyone moved over? It could be like that every week!
Reply: 7 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 10, 2012, 7:58pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1739

Would there be a way for getting the whole of the corner moving back to where you used to sit or even better the centre of the pontoon as I think it would generate a better atmosphere. Can you remember Sailsbury last season how good the atmosphere was when everyone moved over? It could be like that every week!

Maybe one day, I have spoken to one of the lads who stand in the corner normally and even he said it would be best over towards centre, and I have mentioned about where I use to stand as there is plenty of room there. But we'll see, hope we do all (if not most) move though because I too think it would be better.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 84
bradzmilne
November 10, 2012, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Tell you what last night i gave the pontoon abit of a slamming.
Today they made be look stupid!
Well done to all concerned, was a super atmosphere!

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 84
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My first ever Ponny experience.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.