Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My first ever Ponny experience.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 104 Guests

My first ever Ponny experience.

This thread currently has 5,791 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 12, 2012, 5:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
The ponny was half empty on saturday,

BUT

I could hear them and the drum from the upper Findus,

If it was full I am sure the whole ground would hear them.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 84
grimsby pete
November 12, 2012, 5:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
The ponny was half empty on saturday,

BUT

I could hear them and the drum from the upper Findus,

If it was full I am sure the whole ground would hear them.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 84
GyMariner
November 12, 2012, 6:02pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from 1600
Cheers for your reply GyMariner, good to meet you (albeit briefly) too.

Well I personally think the club should move hell and high water if possible and decide what the priority is.
Understand season ticket holders might object but surely there's a way round it ?
It's not like there aren't enough seats (at least at the moment).

Do you mean you were lower down to try to pass on "encouragement" to players within earshot ?
I certainly agree with what you say about how players CAN hear and it makes a difference as I pointed out before.

Eventually we could become SO organised that we've got hecklers in the corners and the barmy army making 1 hell of a racket in the middle.

One thing that stuck me yesterday I thought I should point out too (that's gonna be tricky to not make myself look a right male private  )....

Last few minutes think it's fair to say Town had controlled the game sufficeintly enough to "push on" and take the game to Woking al ot more

That chorus

"Wooooooooor  
Wooooooooor
Wooooooooor
Na na na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na na na
Wooooooooor
Wooooooooor
Wooooooooor
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na"

I imagine opposition teams are gonna ABSOLUTELY HATE IT.
Cos to me, it feels like it's helping sucking the ball into the net and draining their confidence away at the same time.
And possibly, especially late on in the game when they're struggling to offer as much resistance as before.

What is any co-incidence we scored 2 late goals ?
Perhaps not if it's simply a case of us pushing forward late but hope you see my point...

About my Current seat, I meant that the seats in this area are in such high demand that it's taken me a couple of years to get as high as I was, because us lads see it as 'the higher' - the better. No one wants to be stuck on a low row down in the bottom left.
  However I've had a season ticket since I was 3 years old and have experienced every stand, I enjoyed the findus          
For the great view, however I felt like I couldn't stand up and shout, and me and my mates were eager to join into the atmosphere, so we moved to the ponny, it's a greet stand and you get the best of everything. The atmosphere and singing is top notch, especially Lincoln games, being so close to the goal really let's you get a great view of penalties, free kicks etc. But you can actually interact with players more and it's Overall more enjoyable.

I would really like to see a move to the centre above goal however would this cause conflict with the people already there? Do they want to be pushed away to the left/right? We should try this next game but I can't see it happening as young lads aren't going to be able to move men.

A move to the middle would benefit the players motivation because more people can join in with the singing, if you think about it, the only available seats to join in with the main 'barmy army' are where you was sat below, or maybe towards the right.  However we were in the middle you have all available angles to sit, left,right,above,below. So there would be an increase in atmosphere

I'm not there next Saturday, probably the 4th home game missed in 13years watching? However if your ever in the pony again, preferably the same area give us a bell!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 84
Super Clive
November 12, 2012, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
TO the lad whos the temporary drummer who posted 2 pages back! well done mate i hope you do move to middle like you say...would be so much better mate!
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 84
GyMariner
November 12, 2012, 6:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Super Clive
TO the lad whos the temporary drummer who posted 2 pages back! well done mate i hope you do move to middle like you say...would be so much better mate!

Second this, well done mate, think we may have spoke personally anyway, let's actually put words into action this saturday and make a move! Cant attend this Saturday however

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 12, 2012, 6:19pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
GyMariner do you stand with the drummers? If so and if you know who I am, I normally stand on other side of the stairs from you and your mates, with a few other lads. We joined the drummer and his mates against Woking and made a difference, but I do agree a move towards the middle would be better. But maybe move to the other side of the stairs to where I and the other lads normally stand, there is always plenty of room stretching from there to the middle section for a good group of us to group together and see how things go? There was a few lads that didn't move with us and stayed there last game, so if we (me the lads I go with, the lads that didn't join last time, and you, the drummers and their mates) all joined together at the back where I normally stand, it could be a start? Up to you and the drummers, their mates, but just a sejestion (if you can make any sense out of what I have just said lol).

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 84
GyMariner
November 12, 2012, 6:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock
GyMariner do you stand with the drummers? If so and if you know who I am, I normally stand on other side of the stairs from you and your mates, with a few other lads. We joined the drummer and his mates against Woking and made a difference, but I do agree a move towards the middle would be better. But maybe move to the other side of the stairs to where I and the other lads normally stand, there is always plenty of room stretching from there to the middle section for a good group of us to group together and see how things go? There was a few lads that didn't move with us and stayed there last game, so if we (me the lads I go with, the lads that didn't join last time, and you, the drummers and their mates) all joined together at the back where I normally stand, it could be a start? Up to you and the drummers, their mates, but just a sejestion (if you can make any sense out of what I have just said lol).

Yeah i know who you are, I know most of the lads up there however I don't sit right up top because all the seasons ticket seats where sold out, I'm on row H with two other lads which is still near everyone, just a little below, but I'm sure if you point it out next game they would all move!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 12, 2012, 6:33pm

Brandy Drinker
Ah right, yeh I'll mention it and see what happens.

In the pontoon though from left to the middle (facing towards the Osmand stand) there are like 3 groups of fans that make noise. Those in the corner with drummers (noisy corner), Me and a group of others on the other side of the stairs from the noisy corner, then there's another group towards the middle (older lads). Between me and the middle group, there is a lot of empty seats in row P downwards, must be about 50 odd seats. If that group from the corner with the drummers, filled that gap between my group and the middle group then it would make an even better difference (maybe).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 84
November 12, 2012, 6:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock
But maybe move to the other side of the stairs to where I and the other lads normally stand, there is always plenty of room stretching from there to the middle section for a good group of us to group together and see how things go? There was a few lads that didn't move with us and stayed there last game, so if we (me the lads I go with, the lads that didn't join last time, and you, the drummers and their mates) all joined together at the back where I normally stand, it could be a start? Up to you and the drummers, their mates, but just a sejestion (if you can make any sense out of what I have just said lol).

I think this is where we should do it but we need to spread the word to anyone you know so that people are aware of what we are doing so that there is not just a couple of us as I am not sure alot of the top right read the fishy.
Reply: 58 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 12, 2012, 6:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1739

I think this is where we should do it but we need to spread the word to anyone you know so that people are aware of what we are doing so that there is not just a couple of us as I am not sure alot of the top right read the fishy.

I'll brag about it on facebook and get others to copy and paste, friends of friends will see then, the word will spread quick that way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My first ever Ponny experience.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.