Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My first ever Ponny experience.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 49 Guests

My first ever Ponny experience.

This thread currently has 5,819 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 13, 2012, 12:47am
Guest User
Quoted from ponnyfan

I sit in the next block to the singers towards the lower part of the stand. I like to join in and get behind the team, but i'm a bit old to be climbing all those steps now

Quoted from GyMariner
I'm not there next Saturday, probably the 4th home game missed in 13years watching? However if your ever in the pony again, preferably the same area give us a bell!

Can't promise anything but might be able to make another appearance for the game v Buxton.
If I go sure you'll see me, I'm the REALLY REALLY old g1t !
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Between me and the middle group, there is a lot of empty seats in row P downwards, must be about 50 odd seats. If that group from the corner with the drummers, filled that gap between my group and the middle group then it would make an even better difference (maybe).

Gary was just gonna make a suggestion if I may ?
Just not to be put off if you see a few fans sitting in what you'd otherwise call an "open space".
Instead of thinking "Oh a few fans are sat there, we can't go there" my advice would be to just all sit round them.
Don't worry, once you get going if it's not their cup of tea they'll soon decide to move elsewhere !

Anyway not trying to tell you what to do, just a thought...

Sure we'll all be looking out for you on Saturday around the ground so top job well done, enjoy yourselves & good luck !
Quoted from 1739
Let the pontoon revolution begin

THIS !  
Reply: 70 - 84
bogbrush
November 13, 2012, 1:03am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Most around the middle are like 30+, I'm 24 but most of the lads in the corner and where I normally stand are under 20.  

Clear off Gary and let me have "my" Q110 back in peace!

Loud twit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 84
lukeo
November 13, 2012, 8:08am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,420
Gold Stars: 149
good luck boys, i've joined the group just to keep updated and give you guys an extra 'like' ... Obviously I won't be at BP anytime soon being 350 miles away but i hope it works out for you all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 13, 2012, 11:23am

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from bogbrush

Clear off Gary and let me have "my" Q110 back in peace!

Loud twit

Haha that's little Josh who has your seat. Just throw him out LOL. My seat is suposed to be M75 (I think), but never stand there.  

And yeh 80s I agree. UTM!

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 84
Marinerz93
November 13, 2012, 4:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Scunthorpe used to have crowd noises pre recorded to make the ground sound fuller . True story

This is true and I believe the recording was done over a couple of seasons then played for several seasons as background noise.  There was many complaints because the Scunts were on a slump and it gave the impression the away support was bigger than it was.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 84
Marinerz93
November 13, 2012, 4:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from lobsterpot
RE standing in the ponny, i for 1 always loved and prefer standing, especially with what it brings atmosphere wise. On the flip side tho' there is no way on God's earth that i would take my kids into a packed standing area nowadays. When you look back at how the ponny used to be it scares the $hit out of me thinking of my little ones in the middle of that.

Kids would never get any where near the middle of the old pontoon or osmond corner, you had to push and fight your way to the center that's why when there was a surge it was madness.  With standing like minded people gather together and that's why you get a great atmosphere.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 84
pseudonym
November 13, 2012, 8:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
One of my first Ponny experiences was around 1965 when I was thrown in the air after John Fielding scored the winner against Hull
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 13, 2012, 8:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from pseudonym
One of my first Ponny experiences was around 1965 when I was thrown in the air after John Fielding scored the winner against Hull

Did you stand in another stand before the 60s then Terry?    

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 84
pseudonym
November 13, 2012, 8:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Did you stand in another stand before the 60s then Terry?    
I actually used to sit in the Osmond Stand when I first started going

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 84
Gary Haddock
November 13, 2012, 8:45pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from pseudonym
I actually used to sit in the Osmond Stand when I first started going

I was only joking. But it's great to see and hear fans are still going after so many years. Hope I last as a supporter for as long or longer. UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My first ever Ponny experience.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.