Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rich get richer.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 51 Guests

The rich get richer.

This thread currently has 3,643 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
October 31, 2012, 9:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond/2012/10/premier_league_boosted_by_fore.html

The difference between the top and bottom levels of our game is staggering.
Logged Offline
Private Message
aaron rattray
October 31, 2012, 9:13am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Well we have sky sports but we don't have ESPN because what's the point when we can watch perfectly good streams online free of charge

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
RoboCod
October 31, 2012, 10:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
There's more foreign fans of the top clubs than English ones now. And it'll keep expanding as their economies vastly overshadow ours. A quick excursion to Old Trafford from China on a private jet will be run of the mill to them, most fans here will have to balance the budget and toss up between taking the kids to the match or paying the latest (hugely increased) leccy bill. The Premiership doesn't 'feel' like my game anymore.

And my alternative is the BSP and 20 away fans. Never thought the game I loved would knife me in the back like this

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
October 31, 2012, 10:11am
Guest User
Quoted from RoboCod
The Premiership doesn't 'feel' like my game anymore.

And my alternative is the BSP and 20 away fans. Never thought the game I loved would knife me in the back like this

I've felt like this for a while now. There's the crazy money, the barmy entrance fees, the cheating and diving, the 'brand' nonsense. I looked at Arsenal's youthful lineup last night and I thought what chance has the England team got? It's full of foreign players, funded by foreign owners and feels foreign to me. I can't blame anyone for taking 200k a week if it's on offer, but I can't relate to a diving, snivelling cheat like Louis Suarez of Liverpool who disgraces the game and earns more in a month than I earn in 20 years.

I have never been more disillusioned with football.
Reply: 3 - 66
aldi_01
October 31, 2012, 10:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Football is dead and in reality has been a for a long time. Unfortunately because the people at the top keep filling us with balderdash about it being brilliant, the premiership is brilliant etc enough people will buy into it...much the same as religion.

Football is simply a reflection of society. The rich get insanely richer yet the 'poorer' get poorer. I don't blame players for accepting the 200k a week, even the 2k a week. We would all do it but i think there is an issue within football, particularly regarding younger players. You have to ask, why don't 'English' lads make it through? Is it a lack of ability? Is it because there are clubs who can bring foreign players over cheaper? Or is it simply the fact the foreign youngsters want it more. These clubs throw money at players which is wrong but too many young lads apparently slip through the net when in fact it is because their expectations are too high. Di Canio made a valid point the other week, young lads care about the gold watch and how many different colours of their boots they can get instead of busting a gut to impress everyone, fans included at the club. Attitude is key and sadly too many English lads with ability have a shocking attitude which means the clubs sack em off but unfortunately the lads lacking cracking ability but have great attitudes also get left behind and become demoralised when they see these 'big time charlies' seemingly getting everything.

The game is over as we know it. Clubs don't care about their fans anymore, especially the higher up you go. If Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea lose 100 fans they know they'll find 150 elsewhere...thats how it is now. Loyalty to a club isn't like it is for us. We all know lots of people who'd rather stick a few bets on and sit at home with soccer saturday on or go to the pub and have little actual interest in a set club other than those on that betting slip. When we, meaning die hards, GTFC or whoever is our club, watch Jeff stelling we spend the whole time hoping the next vidiprinter movement is our team taking the lead etc...but then again, most of us would be watching our team because they mean something to us.

There are lots of factors that have helped slowly kill off the game, betting, money, SKY, the premier league and clubs and fans. We the fans are also partly to blame and the clubs know it, we are the ones stupid enough to pay the prices...I would like to know though what the returning week in week out fan numbers are for the top 10 clubs in the prima donna league...bet is less than 60%...a lot lower than ours for instance.

All this said, I along with many will continue going to watch my club wherever we may be playing and hope we achieve as much success as possible.

One thing i do ask though is...did football exist before the premier league because all these girl privates on TV seem to use it as a bench mark yet I'm sure football was around almost 100 years before the overpaid, overhyped league.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 66
FishOutOfWater
October 31, 2012, 11:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,588
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from aldi_01
Football is dead and in reality has been a for a long time. Unfortunately because the people at the top keep filling us with balderdash about it being brilliant, the premiership is brilliant etc enough people will buy into it...much the same as religion.

Football is simply a reflection of society. The rich get insanely richer yet the 'poorer' get poorer. I don't blame players for accepting the 200k a week, even the 2k a week. We would all do it but i think there is an issue within football, particularly regarding younger players. You have to ask, why don't 'English' lads make it through? Is it a lack of ability? Is it because there are clubs who can bring foreign players over cheaper? Or is it simply the fact the foreign youngsters want it more. These clubs throw money at players which is wrong but too many young lads apparently slip through the net when in fact it is because their expectations are too high. Di Canio made a valid point the other week, young lads care about the gold watch and how many different colours of their boots they can get instead of busting a gut to impress everyone, fans included at the club. Attitude is key and sadly too many English lads with ability have a shocking attitude which means the clubs sack em off but unfortunately the lads lacking cracking ability but have great attitudes also get left behind and become demoralised when they see these 'big time charlies' seemingly getting everything.

The game is over as we know it. Clubs don't care about their fans anymore, especially the higher up you go. If Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea lose 100 fans they know they'll find 150 elsewhere...thats how it is now. Loyalty to a club isn't like it is for us. We all know lots of people who'd rather stick a few bets on and sit at home with soccer saturday on or go to the pub and have little actual interest in a set club other than those on that betting slip. When we, meaning die hards, GTFC or whoever is our club, watch Jeff stelling we spend the whole time hoping the next vidiprinter movement is our team taking the lead etc...but then again, most of us would be watching our team because they mean something to us.

There are lots of factors that have helped slowly kill off the game, betting, money, SKY, the premier league and clubs and fans. We the fans are also partly to blame and the clubs know it, we are the ones stupid enough to pay the prices...I would like to know though what the returning week in week out fan numbers are for the top 10 clubs in the prima donna league...bet is less than 60%...a lot lower than ours for instance.

All this said, I along with many will continue going to watch my club wherever we may be playing and hope we achieve as much success as possible.

One thing i do ask though is...did football exist before the premier league because all these girl privates on TV seem to use it as a bench mark yet I'm sure football was around almost 100 years before the overpaid, overhyped league.

Using the religion thing,maybe pre-1992 was the Old Testament and post 1992 Premierdonna League is the New Testament....got to agree with you though the hype via all the media (and not just from Sky alone) is akin to the stuff you can see on those religious channels

Praise the lord for the Premier League....Hallelujah  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 66
Super Clive
October 31, 2012, 12:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Makes me feel sick.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 66
Abdul19
October 31, 2012, 12:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
I hate football so much I constantly watch it and post on a football related messageboard.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 66
Marinerz93
October 31, 2012, 12:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Abdul19
I hate football so much I constantly watch it and post on a football related messageboard.

Stockholm syndrome

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 66
Gary Haddock
October 31, 2012, 4:42pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Does my head in when some premier league fans from Grimsby says "Grimsby's excrement!" My reply has been and always will be this, "yeh, excrement compared to Man U, but let's face facts Man U have millions, town only have thousands. Massive difference." Grimsby back in the days before million pound players came along, town could compete financially as players use to cost thousands to buy, instead of millions. And let's not forget town also use to be a little boom town with the fishing industry. The best players cost well too much these days, so what chance to clubs who don't have that kind of money, have?

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rich get richer.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.