Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rich get richer.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 52 Guests

The rich get richer.

This thread currently has 3,665 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
November 1, 2012, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,935
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Same could be said for premier league, there is no promotion from there. Champions league, that's for the top flight of the football league so that would go to championship along with europa league and well acording to premier league fans the FA cup and League cup are micky mouse cups so they wouldn't miss them. Let them have their big money bolloxed football, we'll have the football league and propper football (well of much as football we can sve anyway). I am sure the premier league will invent another european cup for rich european clubs.

My opinions are based on me being annoyed by fans expecting too much from a club that has little in funds. These fans are influenced by the premier league clubs and their spending habbits. I mean what do they expect from a club with limited funds? Maybe if these so called football fans started supporting their local club and put their money into the club then their local club would have more funds to play with and could end up like one of these bigs clubs.

Yes but if you win it you are recognised as the best team in the country in that season. If you had a system where you separated the Premier League from the rest of the FL, even if you won the championship you wouldn't be the best team in the country and you'd not get promotion for doing it, making it kind of pointless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
ALLENTOWN1876
November 1, 2012, 2:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
I reckon us morons who support excrement teams have more fun on match days than those spoilt glory hunters who support the big teams. I went to Forest Green with the mighty mighty Imps a few weeks ago, we had around 100 people there, maybe a bit more, and our performance was the worst you can ever imagine seeing, but despite all that, it was a carnival atmosphere in the stands amongst the faithful. They never seem to have fun supporting the big teams, its all expectation and if they aren't 3-0 up at half time, the boos ring out and everyone is moaning like mad.

Teams like ours generally have something to fight for, be it promotion to the league setup, a run in the cup etcetc, but half the teams in the premierleague just exist. No fun, no hope, no excitement, nothing. Living to die rather than dying to live.

Give me the Lincolnshite Clasico over Fulham vs Sunderland any day of the week, intercourse the Premier League.

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
Gary Haddock
November 1, 2012, 2:06pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from ALLENTOWN1876
I reckon us morons who support excrement teams have more fun on match days than those spoilt glory hunters who support the big teams. I went to Forest Green with the mighty mighty Imps a few weeks ago, we had around 100 people there, maybe a bit more, and our performance was the worst you can ever imagine seeing, but despite all that, it was a carnival atmosphere in the stands amongst the faithful. They never seem to have fun supporting the big teams, its all expectation and if they aren't 3-0 up at half time, the boos ring out and everyone is moaning like mad.

Teams like ours generally have something to fight for, be it promotion to the league setup, a run in the cup etcetc, but half the teams in the premierleague just exist. No fun, no hope, no excitement, nothing. Living to die rather than dying to live.

Give me the Lincolnshite Clasico over Fulham vs Sunderland any day of the week, intercourse the Premier League.

UTI

Well said. But UTM!  

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
Gary Haddock
November 1, 2012, 2:12pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Yes but if you win it you are recognised as the best team in the country in that season. If you had a system where you separated the Premier League from the rest of the FL, even if you won the championship you wouldn't be the best team in the country and you'd not get promotion for doing it, making it kind of pointless.

An answer for you in bold. Premier league aren't the best teams, they're just richer. The premier league is shite, "Who's going to win it this season?" The usual, Man u, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc. BORING! If I supported those team then yeh of course it be different, but I don't support them and never will. And I know Grimsby will never be in with a chance of being up there unless some multi millionaire or billionaire buys the club and invests millions into it. So I'm happy fighting for what ever we can get (hopefully promotion this season). As the (g)imp fan quite well put it, "intercourse the premier league!" UTM.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
aldi_01
November 1, 2012, 3:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.01
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The premier league teams are better, that is obvious but one of the reasons they are bigger is money. Again though it is just a reflection of society...what about the tiny computer software companies competing against the likes of apple and Microsoft etc, do they always bleat on about how it's unfair that apple spend more cash on research alone than most companies will ever make in a life time...

It's all wrong and the game is slowly dying but as already pointed out we will all keep supporting our teams and enjoy our random away days throughout the winter...let the plastics have their boring league and spend all their time taking flipping photos at games rather than watching it...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
Rodley Mariner
November 1, 2012, 3:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,292
Gold Stars: 187
So we're all in agreement that some teams are better than Town but only because they're rich and successful.

As for the romance of following a lower league team, I remember going up to Hartlepool on a cold miserable Friday night and we may have been beaten 8-1 but with the camaraderie of my fellow fans, the 'carnival atmosphere' that they generated and the feel that it was proper football that really mattered it was still absolutely flipping dreadful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
mariner91
November 1, 2012, 3:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,935
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Gary Haddock

An answer for you in bold. Premier league aren't the best teams, they're just richer. The premier league is shite, "Who's going to win it this season?" The usual, Man u, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc. BORING! If I supported those team then yeh of course it be different, but I don't support them and never will. And I know Grimsby will never be in with a chance of being up there unless some multi millionaire or billionaire buys the club and invests millions into it. So I'm happy fighting for what ever we can get (hopefully promotion this season). As the (g)imp fan quite well put it, "intercourse the premier league!" UTM.

Are you being serious? I will agree that part of the reason they are better is that they're richer. But how can you possibly claim they are not the best teams? Would Cardiff be likely to beat Chelsea if they played each other tonight? Would they heck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
kenlyn
November 1, 2012, 3:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +55
I remember the disscusions when the idea of the premier
league was first voiced. I maintained at the time that it
would make the rich richer and the poor poorer and be
a bad thing for football in general. I also said it would
be the death of smaller clubs and kill football as we knew it.

I hate to say over 20 years later that my words at the time
are becoming reality.  

The old saying of I told you so comes to mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
BIGChris
November 1, 2012, 4:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
The masses would say that the Premier League has been a huge success.

Better facilities for fans. Even at our level we visit many grounds who's facilities are much better than they were 20/30/40 years ago. Sports science and training facilities have improved beyond recognition.

The biggest downside for me is the money that leaves the game in players & agents pockets. I know it is difficult (and too late) to enforce a salary cap but nobody should be earning £100k+ per week. A top player should be on £10k per week tops imo
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
Gary Haddock
November 1, 2012, 4:19pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Would Cardiff be likely to beat Chelsea if they played each other tonight? .

Yes.

FA cup and league cup proves every season that the premier league clubs can be beaten.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rich get richer.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.