Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rich get richer.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 74 Guests

The rich get richer.

This thread currently has 3,639 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
October 31, 2012, 5:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Does my head in when some premier league fans from Grimsby says "Grimsby's excrement!" My reply has been and always will be this, "yeh, excrement compared to Man U, but let's face facts Man U have millions, town only have thousands. Massive difference." Grimsby back in the days before million pound players came along, town could compete financially as players use to cost thousands to buy, instead of millions. And let's not forget town also use to be a little boom town with the fishing industry. The best players cost well too much these days, so what chance to clubs who don't have that kind of money, have?

The comeback for all Man Utd fans is always.........just remind me again who holds the record attendance for a game at your home stadium?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
Gary Haddock
October 31, 2012, 5:40pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from moosey_club

The comeback for all Man Utd fans is always.........just remind me again who holds the record attendance for a game at your home stadium?

Haha yeh but they always start bragging about what they have won and how many times they'd won it lol.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
scrumble
October 31, 2012, 6:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Does my head in when some premier league fans from Grimsby says "Grimsby's excrement!" My reply has been and always will be this, "yeh, excrement compared to Man U, but let's face facts Man U have millions, town only have thousands. Massive difference."

Man U wouldn't have those millions if it wasn't for plastics like them, and clubs like Town would be much better off.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
aldi_01
October 31, 2012, 6:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
This isn't a dig at man Utd 'fans' as such but I do find that they seem to justify why they support a team...if you have to justify why you support a team and get massively defensive about it means you probably shouldn't support that team.

As for the record attendance thing at old Trafford...I once had a moronic Utd fan argue the toss with me until he decided to to try and prove himself right by googling it only to find he was wrong all along...silly girl private

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
moosey_club
October 31, 2012, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Haha yeh but they always start bragging about what they have won and how many times they'd won it lol.

i usually answer that one with..... well how many times have Man Utd won the Lincs Cup?  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
wigworld
October 31, 2012, 7:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from moosey_club

Just remind me again who holds the record attendance for a game at your home stadium?

My plastic mates are wise to that comeback now, and respond with 'yes, but that was in the days before all seater stadiums'.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 66
Gary Haddock
October 31, 2012, 8:03pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

i usually answer that one with..... well how many times have Man Utd won the Lincs Cup?  

Haha I like that one.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
Gary Haddock
October 31, 2012, 8:06pm

Brandy Drinker
I wasn't really having a dig at Man U fans, but they are the main ones for getting on their high horses. Probally because they (Man U fans) are everywhere.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
moosey_club
October 31, 2012, 8:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from wigworld

My plastic mates are wise to that comeback now, and respond with 'yes, but that was in the days before all seater stadiums'.

They had 80 yrs to set a higher one, 1910 - 1990's before it went all seater.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
ska face
October 31, 2012, 8:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,848
Gold Stars: 854
The backlash against modern football is clearly gathering pace and you'll struggle to hear a positive word said for the off-pitch aspects of any football club nowadays. But where do we go from here?

Majority Fan Ownership is, for me, the only option - at our level at least. As someone said today - "face it, your football clubs don't love you", so if you're fed up of being treated like a walking cash machine and taken for granted, never being listened to, not enjoying your "matchday experience", then its time to get off your bottom and make your voice heard. It amazes me that so few people have joined The Trust when they're trying to help the fans form some form of collective voice.

Moaning is all well and good, but are people really as bothered as they like to make out? How many out there are willing to put their money where their mouths are? How many would boycott their clubs for good, like a few Cardiff fans I know, if they were being held to ransom? How many would cancel their sky contracts? How many would stand up and voice their opinions given the opportunity? How many are prepared to overlook short-term success on the pitch in favour of a sustainable future off it?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The rich get richer.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.