This thread currently has 6,614 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
costa del cleethorpes
July 31, 2012, 11:21am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from STB

To be fair, you only have to ask some of the once die-hard fans why they do not attend anymore and their answer is nearly always the JF reason.
Maybe its because of the downfall of the club since he became involved.
I neither know nor care nowadays and just take each game as it comes.
Pre-season has been good so far and I'm going to Lincoln tomorrow.
UTM.

The answer is always fenty imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 80
STB
July 31, 2012, 11:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22

The answer is always fenty imo

Unless the question is 'name a successful chairman?'

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 80
MuddyWaters
July 31, 2012, 11:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from SlouchyMetal
i like how everyone seemsto think the last 10 years have been on the down hill since fenty took over BUT we were nearly promoted in 2006 which is less than ten years ago AND fenty was at the helm then. nice to know that that particular point (one of the highest in a long time) is glossed over

But we didn't get promoted and JF caused the departure of the man (Slade) who did look like taking the club forward.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 80
MuddyWaters
July 31, 2012, 11:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from STB

To be fair, you only have to ask some of the once die-hard fans why they do not attend anymore and their answer is nearly always the JF reason.
Maybe its because of the downfall of the club since he became involved.
I neither know nor care nowadays and just take each game as it comes.
Pre-season has been good so far and I'm going to Lincoln tomorrow.
UTM.

As a former die-hard, there are a number of reasons and I guess the main one is finding something better to do with my 'leisure pound' than going to watch an over-priced product.

Yes, Fenty has pi$$ed me off with several things that he has done during his time as chair but his time has coincided with the biggest recession this country has known and probably the biggest change in the demographic of football (TV money). You can speculate on how qualified (or otherwise) he is/was to deal with that & I only hope that now the club has started to turn the corner. Blundell Park & its' facilities are clearly not commercially viable and a new stadium will attract fans back to the club in the short-term and will continue to in the longer term if there is some on-pitch success.

My hopes are that on-field prosperity together with a solid plan for the future bring me & others back to the fold sooner rather than later.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 80
grimsby pete
July 31, 2012, 11:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Fenty has made mistakes and they have all been in the public eye,

I wonder how the moaners on here would react if we all went to watch them work,

Then put in on the internet how shite at thier job they are,

Plus you get paid to do your job, Fenty has put his own money into a thankless task.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 80
barralad
July 31, 2012, 12:01pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from MuddyWaters

As a former die-hard, there are a number of reasons and I guess the main one is finding something better to do with my 'leisure pound' than going to watch an over-priced product.

Yes, Fenty has pi$$ed me off with several things that he has done during his time as chair but his time has coincided with the biggest recession this country has known and probably the biggest change in the demographic of football (TV money). You can speculate on how qualified (or otherwise) he is/was to deal with that & I only hope that now the club has started to turn the corner. Blundell Park & its' facilities are clearly not commercially viable and a new stadium will attract fans back to the club in the short-term and will continue to in the longer term if there is some on-pitch success.

My hopes are that on-field prosperity together with a solid plan for the future bring me & others back to the fold sooner rather than later.

Good Post

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 80
MuddyWaters
July 31, 2012, 12:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Fenty has made mistakes and they have all been in the public eye,

I wonder how the moaners on here would react if we all went to watch them work,

Then put in on the internet how shite at thier job they are,

Plus you get paid to do your job, Fenty has put his own money into a thankless task.

Whilst I accept part of your point Pete, it was Fenty who put himself in this position and has always enjoyed promoting himself wherever possible (shoulder high at Bournemouth is a notable landmark!)
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 80
Trawler
July 31, 2012, 12:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well said that man.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 80
costa del cleethorpes
July 31, 2012, 12:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And in other news chesterfield, rovrum,york shortly have got new stadiums obviously the recession as passed them by, not helpfull the economic climate but i cant see the ground ever coming under the present controll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 80
realityman
July 31, 2012, 12:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
to think getting 8 points more but still finishing 11th is better is really clutching at straws. people on here care about their club in their own way but you can not hide from the fact that we are still a failing club. this season in my opinion will be the biggest in the history of the club. anything short of promotion will be a complete disaster. the reasoning behind that statement is the fact that the extra monies from bennett etc will have gone and the following seasons budget will be halved. now that will be a worry unless the sale of another player or two can keep us going but that will then diminish our chances further on the field. lets hope for a good one this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let fenty run the fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.