This thread currently has 18,110 views. Print
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
realityman
July 15, 2012, 12:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
DROP THIS 433 SYSTEM! GET YOU FIRST CHOICE TEAM OUT EVERY MATCH! GET THEM GELLED! STOP PLAYING KIDS! COMPLETE YOUR SIGNINGS! and WAKE UP! Every minute of pre season counts and i am afraid this one is following last years pattern with excuses already. Stop making them and get on with it!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
July 15, 2012, 12:53pm
Guest User
Do not feed the troll, or even better block him.
Reply: 1 - 103
ginnywings
July 15, 2012, 12:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Big Sunday afternoon YAWN!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 103
Super Clive
July 15, 2012, 12:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
I agree with some of what you're  saying and I think we'll see strong teams next week v donny and dull when the team are ready to play more minutes ie what Paul said last night with the players playing 60 mins rather than 45.

As for the 433 pre season is for tinkering and you take the risk with what the team gels with. The jury is out for that system, my only thoughts are the more we use it the more we'll get better at it.

You take the risk, I don't want to see the same last year with a slow start  but the managers are in a better place to judge than us.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 103
Havelock the Dane
July 15, 2012, 12:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -5
4-3-3 means Hearn wasted on the wing. Stoopido!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 103
oldun
July 15, 2012, 1:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
No he is not he is dangerous coming in from wide and has scored loads of goals from that position in the past. If it is 433 then expect Aswad Thomas to be getting forward to link up with him. I am not saying play it all the time but it is a good option. Finally, I reckon whatever formation we play Elding is going to find it tough to be first choice now Cook and Pearson are here. good competition though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 103
Garth
July 15, 2012, 1:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from oldun
No he is not he is dangerous coming in from wide and has scored loads of goals from that position in the past. If it is 433 then expect Aswad Thomas to be getting forward to link up with him. I am not saying play it all the time but it is a good option. Finally, I reckon whatever formation we play Elding is going to find it tough to be first choice now Cook and Pearson are here. good competition though.

Early days I know but both Cook and Elding were easily mastered yesterday, and its my guess that both will be behind G pearson and Hearn in the near future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 103
80sglory
July 15, 2012, 1:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from realityman
GET YOU FIRST CHOICE TEAM OUT EVERY MATCH!

Isn't pre-season about experimentation and gathering information?
Do we or they even know what the first choice team is anyway ?
As for kids, it's been about putting out 2 teams for 45 mins for fitness.
433 ? Much better to take "risks" in pre-season (not that there are any in pre-season !) and the real race doesn't start for another month.

This "Hearn on the "wing" thing doesn't please me either, but surely "wing" indicates more of a 451 than a 433 ?
If he can stay up top, then I don't necessarily have a problem with him on the left.
For me it's just whether he ends up being dragged back too "far and wide" or not.
But again, you can'r read too much into things at this stage and no doubt understanding of formations and player roles will improve over time.
Reply: 7 - 103
roundballovalhole
July 15, 2012, 1:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1739
Do not feed the troll, or even better block him.

He actually makes valid points!
Winning is a habit that we need to get into.

Mediocrity (and that would describe drawing against a Sunday league team) is one we need to get out of.  Even if we are playing 16 yr olds, they should be able to beat players who dont have contracts with a professional club side!

Yet again, folk on here are predicting Town to be promoted (playoffs at least) without any evidence that we are making progress!

Get the fans onside s and h, that means winning in an entertaing manner against teams far below us in the pyramid!

Reply: 8 - 103
hook line and sinker
July 15, 2012, 1:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Quoted from realityman
DROP THIS 433 SYSTEM! GET YOU FIRST CHOICE TEAM OUT EVERY MATCH! GET THEM GELLED! STOP PLAYING KIDS! COMPLETE YOUR SIGNINGS! and WAKE UP! Every minute of pre season counts and i am afraid this one is following last years pattern with excuses already. Stop making them and get on with it!  

i agree with u about the 433 which has never worked and the fact it means hearn out on the left which he is a wasted talent out there imo (but he does seem to link up well with thomas) i agree with not playing the yt's as it will be very rare for any of them to actually get a first team game this season, they say it is for experience but whats the chances of any of them actually making it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 103
LondonMariner43
July 15, 2012, 2:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,947
Gold Stars: 64

i agree with u about the 433 which has never worked and the fact it means hearn out on the left which he is a wasted talent out there imo (but he does seem to link up well with thomas) i agree with not playing the yt's as it will be very rare for any of them to actually get a first team game this season, they say it is for experience but whats the chances of any of them actually making it?

Unfortunately we are at a level where Gainsborough are not a Sunday league team.  They are close to being the same level as Town and fielded four players who have been Town players in the past.  Yesterday was fairly equivalent to Braintree away or Salisbury.    To draw 2-2 with a sprinkling of kids while trying out néw formations is miles off a disaster.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 103
jamesgtfc
July 15, 2012, 2:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
I was frustrated that Hearn seemed to play much of the first half as a very defensive winger. A central 3 up top would be lethal but Pearson and Hearn seemed very wide leaving Cook on his own.

The managers said they see Disley playing a more advanced role this year but we started with Soares meaning Disley was very deep. Surely they should have started with Niven allowing Disley to play his new role?

Thought Hatton looked excellent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 103
80sglory
July 15, 2012, 2:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054
Mediocrity (and that would describe drawing against a Sunday league team) is one we need to get out of.

If Gainsboro are a Sunday League or "pub" team then they're a bloody good one !

Quoted from 1054
Get the fans onside s and h, that means winning in an entertaing manner against teams far below us in the pyramid!

But they're awesome at home and were only 1 game away from being in the same league as us.
I guess there's more chance of us winning rhe FA Cup than getting you and realityman onside.
i agree with not playing the yt's as it will be very rare for any of them to actually get a first team game this season, they say it is for experience but whats the chances of any of them actually making it?

Fair point but really think it's more about making up the numbers to play 2 teams.
Also bear in mind if you never play these kids you may never know if there's another 16 year old Kevin Drinkell sat on his bum.
Better safe than sorry !

I'd bet my bottom dollar it was always the plan to play youth in the first 2 and then switch more to a senior squad against top opposition.
That said, think it's worth having another look at that youth left midfielder for another 20 mins cos I thought he was a trialist.
Reply: 12 - 103
TonySmith
July 15, 2012, 2:29pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +969
Gold Stars: 11
  Again with the Sunday League team nonsense. Gainsborough are far from a Sunday League team. Actually, for those of you with short memories, we DID play a team of SELECT level Sunday League type players only a few days ago and, if memory serves, hit 12 against them with the same blend of first teamers and youth.  A little perspective please folks!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 103
80sglory
July 15, 2012, 2:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from jamesgtfc
The managers said they see Disley playing a more advanced role this year but we started with Soares meaning Disley was very deep. Surely they should have started with Niven allowing Disley to play his new role?

Perhaps but if you play 4-3-3 1st half and 4-4-2 the 2nd, you've only got one player to choose from in that advanced role in the 4-3-3 ?

Reply: 14 - 103
Grantham_Mariner
July 15, 2012, 2:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Early days, just trying different formations and different players in them, still have not got full squad so no panic. All four teams that have played half a match each will bear no resemblance to our starting XI on August 11th.

Glass half full and beginning to fill up !

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 103
voice of reason
July 15, 2012, 2:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Jeez, it's pre-season ffs... It doesn't matter whether we win or lose you planks, there are no points awarded or dropped by winning/losing these games...

What matters is every game we play the managers/team take something out of it... Whether that is finding out what does work, what doesn't work, improving fitness and sharpness, it is all good for the upcoming season...

Did you lot see Man City lost the other day against some team from god knows where... They have multi millions of pounds, a squad full of internationals and have just won the prem... Do you think people will be writing them off this season after that result???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 103
bradzmilne
July 15, 2012, 2:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
Realityman speaks some truth, we shouldnt be playing youth players in first team games (even if friendlies are just a 'dressed up training session' )
Playing around with formations are part and parcel of pre season, if we dont have the players to play 4-4-3 its better to find out now rather than the middle of september. In my opinion i think we should play a basic, balanced 4-4-2 but we have more than likely signed to many strikers to do that now.
Am confident that HandS will sort it before to long anyway.
UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 103
Super Clive
July 15, 2012, 2:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from voice of reason

Did you lot see Man City lost the other day against some team from god knows where... They have multi millions of pounds, a squad full of internationals and have just won the prem... Do you think people will be writing them off this season after that result???

No I didn't see man city lose and to answer your question yes, the fickle twits will probably go back to united or chelski.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 103
voice of reason
July 15, 2012, 3:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from bradzmilne
Realityman speaks some truth, we shouldnt be playing youth players in first team games (even if friendlies are just a 'dressed up training session' )
Playing around with formations are part and parcel of pre season, if we dont have the players to play 4-4-3 its better to find out now rather than the middle of september. In my opinion i think we should play a basic, balanced 4-4-2 but we have more than likely signed to many strikers to do that now.
UTM

Why shouldn't we be playing youth players? What if they are the players that may have to come in and do a job if we have inj and suspensions to contend with? The managrs need to know about the whole squad, not just the 1st team...

Anyway, for all we know they may have put the yths in to se how the players around them react, i.e. was they organising them and getting them into position or was they leaving them exposed etc...

My point is there is a whole host of reasons why some of the yths SHOULD be included in these games... I agree further on into pre-season you would hope the players immediately in and around the 1st team will be getting plenty of game time...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 103
mariner91
July 15, 2012, 3:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from voice of reason
Jeez, it's pre-season ffs... It doesn't matter whether we win or lose you planks, there are no points awarded or dropped by winning/losing these games...

What matters is every game we play the managers/team take something out of it... Whether that is finding out what does work, what doesn't work, improving fitness and sharpness, it is all good for the upcoming season...

100% agree with this. I'd rather they tinkered and tried stuff out now while it doesn't matter than tinkering during the season and losing points.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 103
hook line and sinker
July 15, 2012, 3:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Approval: +37
me personally would like to see the strongest side played all the time, whether it be a pre season game or league match winning is winning and brings  togetherness/winning mentality and will help the team gel.just look what happened last season on our good run of form once you get into a routine of winning games it becomes very difficult for teams to knock you off your pedestal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 103
ross1cod
July 15, 2012, 3:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -1
i dont really care about results pre-season, for me its all about ball time, fitness, and experimenting.

i am sure the managers will be thinking the same, and wont be to worried that we only managed a draw against a team that finished in the playoff final, in the league below us last season, not a pub side in my opinion, but a team very close to our level..

will a few on here be moaning if we only draw/lose against donny or hull .. or will it be oh well its only pre-season it doesnt mean anything

anyways, tomorow i go back to my job as an electrician, i will let all the fishy managers get back to BP and sort this shameful start to pre-season,sheesh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 103
80sglory
July 15, 2012, 3:58pm
Guest User
I understand fans always want to win everything (even when there's nothing at stake) but it's crucial we use every minute of pre-season to learn what's gonna make us a successful team this season.

For what it's worth, I'd still be very suprised if successive wins don't come pre-season regardless of formations or personnel. (though perhaps it might be after Donny and Hull !).

voiceofreason has nailed it for me - even so called failure is progress if you can identify problems and learn from it to improve.
Reply: 23 - 103
Neilo83
July 15, 2012, 4:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
I also agree with some of the op, what's the point in playing 16 year olds? They're never gonna play during the season, much rather see us start friendlies at full strength, they need to gel ready for the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 103
grimsby pete
July 15, 2012, 4:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
There are so m any experts here on the fishy,

It must be very hard for S + H to listen to you all.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 103
roundballovalhole
July 15, 2012, 5:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1600
I understand fans always want to win everything (even when there's nothing at stake) but it's crucial we use every minute of pre-season to learn what's gonna make us a successful team this season.

For what it's worth, I'd still be very suprised if successive wins don't come pre-season regardless of formations or personnel. (though perhaps it might be after Donny and Hull !).

voiceofreason has nailed it for me - even so called failure is progress if you can identify problems and learn from it to improve.

If s and h dont know what will make us successful, they shouldnt be managing a professional football team.

As always, its about opinions and as such there is no right and wrong.

Despite the righteousness and sense of supremacy that you are sporting again this season 80's
Reply: 26 - 103
BottesfordMariner
July 15, 2012, 5:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
it's 2 games into the pre-season and already peole are over reacting. whilst wimming the all the pre-seaon friendlies would be nice the aim is : look at players in game situations and that includes some of the youths ,   build up the players match fitness so come 11 August they are ready for the season propert- not neccesarily ready on 14 July, look at formations and tactics etc. There are plenty of more friendlies to come- i am sure as we get nearer the start of the season the 1st teamers will get more minutes. Lets face it the Boro game would was basically a practice game given the gulf in class - the sort normally played behind closed doors at the training ground. The only reason it was played in front of a crowd was to give an opportunity for Boro to make some money.

Anyway 2-2 away to a team that narrowly missed promotion to this league at this stage of the pre-season hardly constitutes a disaster. We also expect 4 or 5 new players to come in as well. Bit premature to sound the bells of doom imo.

if we start the season with 3 straight defeats or find oursleves in the bottom half of the table after 9 or 10 games (like the last few seasons) then fair enough- panic!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 103
marinette
July 15, 2012, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
If we went into pre-season with all guns blazing and got some emphatic results, might we sell a few more season tickets?  I don't like all the experimentation and chopping and changing and trying out the kids - I probably won't be going to any pre-season games at all this year.  But perhaps all that stuff is necessary - better than forcing our first teamers to go straight into full-on 90 minutes and getting them injured before we've even started.  I wonder how much you can learn behind closed doors in training about how well the trialists might do, and how players adapt to formations, etc.  Quite a lot, I would have thought, but perhaps not the full picture.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 103
lukeo
July 15, 2012, 6:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
IF i was town manager I'd do what they've done and give every 45mins in the 1st 2 pre season games. But form now on i'd kick on with who they think will be the starting 11 and for the next couple of games start them and give them 60mins. Then the next couple 90mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 103
lawsman
July 15, 2012, 7:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
I do not know what planet realityman is on, He knows nothing about football and only spouts crap, from reading sad websites and believes everything he reads. He should just pipe down and leave the intelligent people to make judgements and observations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 103
pseudonym
July 15, 2012, 7:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
I doubt Scott & Hurst read the usual twaddle on here, but if so I hope they totally ignore it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 103
aaron rattray
July 15, 2012, 7:31pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I suppose its not a bad draw against gainsborough trinity

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 103
kevikov
July 15, 2012, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
I haven't been to either game so to comment is hard but what i'm personally looking for this season is the ability to keep the ball.
Too long have we struggled to string together 5 or 6 passes and actually look like we're in control of the bloody thing! I'm more than aware that we're non league now so the calibre of players aren't the highest but lots of other teams somehow manage to pass the ball to each other and work openings, york for example. In training i would be drilling the bejesus out the players, working on knowing where your teammates are and being able to simply pass the ball to them. It really does wind me up!! Pass the ball and move into space, receive the ball and move it on, move into space.  Scoring individual goals is no problem going on last years return but keeping the ball for any period of time has really been the problem. Obviously there's another team involved in a match but that's no excuse for woeful passing and needlessly giving the ball away.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 103
realityman
July 15, 2012, 7:46pm
Snakebite drinker
PLAYERS NEED TO GEL! WINNING GAMES BRINGS A WINNING MENTALITY BOTH ON AND OFF THE PITCH! YOUTH PLAYERS WON'T BE PLAYING DURING THE SEASON SO THAT IS A WASTE OF TIME! 433 HAS NEVER WORKED HERE SO FORGET IT! GET THOSE PLAYERS IN WHAT FENTY PROMISED LAST WEEK, THEY NEED TO GEL WITH THE OTHER PLAYERS NOT THE KIDS! Every minute counts and every game counts. You must prepare correctly and as for those who say it does not matter well i refer you to the teams who have been promoted before: just look at crawley's pre season when they were with us. All pre season games should be taken seriously in fact any game should be. I always wanted to win when i played 1st class rugby and i still do now what ever the opposition. Winning is everything and losing is for losers! are you a loser?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 103
kevikov
July 15, 2012, 8:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
4-3-3 is the devils work. No team either in league football or international football has ever won anything....... Oh wait.

Successful teams play to their strengths and exploit weaknesses in others, identifying those strengths takes time and practice. I'm keeping faith S & H will do that.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 103
John Dory
July 15, 2012, 8:45pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from bradzmilne
UTM

If we can get away with it, we should definitely play 4-4-3  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 103
bradzmilne
July 15, 2012, 8:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from John Dory

If we can get away with it, we should definitely play 4-4-3  

Should do well this year if we play like that all season  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 103
Tommy
July 15, 2012, 8:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
A few points:

1) I am sure Scott and Hurst will be on the phone to realityman first thing tomorrow morning to offer him a job as their advisor.

2) The people moaning about these YT lads playing in friendlies will probably be the same people moaning in a years time when we release all the youths, saying "why do we not give youth a chance"

3) I'd like to know how Fleetwood did last pre-season because I seem to remember them not having a great one and then starting slow failing to score in quite a few games?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 103
mariner91
July 15, 2012, 8:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from realityman
PLAYERS NEED TO GEL! WINNING GAMES BRINGS A WINNING MENTALITY BOTH ON AND OFF THE PITCH! YOUTH PLAYERS WON'T BE PLAYING DURING THE SEASON SO THAT IS A WASTE OF TIME! 433 HAS NEVER WORKED HERE SO FORGET IT! GET THOSE PLAYERS IN WHAT FENTY PROMISED LAST WEEK, THEY NEED TO GEL WITH THE OTHER PLAYERS NOT THE KIDS! Every minute counts and every game counts. You must prepare correctly and as for those who say it does not matter well i refer you to the teams who have been promoted before: just look at crawley's pre season when they were with us. All pre season games should be taken seriously in fact any game should be. I always wanted to win when i played 1st class rugby and i still do now what ever the opposition. Winning is everything and losing is for losers! are you a loser?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 103
lawsman
July 15, 2012, 9:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
You have obviously stopped playing 1st class rugby as the physique you have now would be more suited to sumo. But you could also bore your opponents to death.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 103
aaron rattray
July 15, 2012, 9:19pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Why doesn't realityman go back to dating old woman?, at least we won't have rubbish like a Scandinavian keeper

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 103
Fishfinger
July 15, 2012, 10:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from Tommy
A few points:

1) I am sure Scott and Hurst will be on the phone to realityman first thing tomorrow morning to offer him a job as their advisor.

2) The people moaning about these YT lads playing in friendlies will probably be the same people moaning in a years time when we release all the youths, saying "why do we not give youth a chance"

3) I'd like to know how Fleetwood did last pre-season because I seem to remember them not having a great one and then starting slow failing to score in quite a few games?

3 great points! There really is no need to start worrying/moaning in pre-season. It is about experimenting and getting fitness up to scratch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 103
I am Um Bongo
July 15, 2012, 10:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Quoted from realityman

Um Bongo thinks you are talking excrement, and should get back to your fantasy life on football manager.

Um Bongo is never wrong.

I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 103
July 15, 2012, 11:23pm
Guest User
I agree with realityman it's time to start gelling a settled team and formation from now, but this won't happen will it! and as per usual after chop and change constant tinkerings to formation we will end up going in to our first fixture not knowing best team/formation.
S&h should pick strongest team to at least start the rest of these friendlies 45mins minimum is a must IMO.
Reply: 44 - 103
I am Um Bongo
July 15, 2012, 11:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Quoted from 2578
I agree with realityman it's time to start gelling a settled team and formation from now, but this won't happen will it! and as per usual after chop and change constant tinkerings to formation we will end up going in to our first fixture not knowing best team/formation.
S&h should pick strongest team to at least start the rest of these friendlies 45mins minimum is a must IMO.

How many accounts do you have realityman?

I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 103
July 15, 2012, 11:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578

In Hursts interview he has said he will be giving player 60 minutes + or even a full game so we I dont think the youths will be playing anymore.
Reply: 46 - 103
tashee69
July 16, 2012, 1:00am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +955
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from realityman

Perhaps what the team also needs is a bit of support and not you moaning all the time about what the club is always doing wrong. Has the club ever done anything right in your eyes, they don't even manage to sign the players you say they are.
What a waste Southwell, Thanoj and Wood must be in your eyes coming through the youth. Bet you think thay's quite embarrassing when Crawley spent all that money.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 103
80sglory
July 16, 2012, 1:01am
Guest User
Quoted from kevikov
I haven't been to either game so to comment is hard but what i'm personally looking for this season is the ability to keep the ball.
Too long have we struggled to string together 5 or 6 passes and actually look like we're in control of the bloody thing! I'm more than aware that we're non league now so the calibre of players aren't the highest but lots of other teams somehow manage to pass the ball to each other and work openings, york for example. In training i would be drilling the bejesus out the players, working on knowing where your teammates are and being able to simply pass the ball to them. It really does wind me up!! Pass the ball and move into space, receive the ball and move it on, move into space.  Scoring individual goals is no problem going on last years return but keeping the ball for any period of time has really been the problem. Obviously there's another team involved in a match but that's no excuse for woeful passing and needlessly giving the ball away.

Good points.

But could it partly depend what style they're gonna go for ?
Some players (especially at the back) might not be ideally suited to pass pass pass.
Woodsy's team passed it well enough at times but Connell apart, there was a lack of creativity and we struggled to unlock teams.
Forest Green away springs to mind - lots of passing for the sake of it but not much end product or creativity.  
Perhaps some players need to be willing to take individual responsibility and risks to make things happen ?
Last thing we want is to end up getting nowhere playing pass the parcel...

If I was S&H I wouldn't necessarily fear going down a long ball route if everyone's on the same page at maximum intensity.
Obvious problem might be our midfield has got technically good creative (and smallish) players like Thanoj, Artus and Disley and Soares not best suited to the physical aspect.
So maybe it'll be a case of launch from the back for the forwartds to hold up then the midfield push up to support and we pass it around in their half ?
They certainly said they had a "play in the final third" policy when they arrived.
If you read their comments over Pearson it suggests the channels might be worked so maybe that's the outlet they're thinking of.

I love passing football cos WHEN executed well, it works like a dream.
But I remember last season they made a comment about having enough time to implement things (and they've got a crop of new players now too) so it's not an easy decision.
Good luck to them whatever route(s) they try - I just hope there's no extra complaining if they also try a variety of different tactics in pre-season.
Reply: 48 - 103
barralad
July 16, 2012, 11:12am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from 1600

Woodsy's team passed it well enough at times but Connell apart, there was a lack of creativity and we struggled to unlock teams.
Forest Green away springs to mind - lots of passing for the sake of it but not much end product or creativity.  

Would that be the game where we scored three times?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 103
forza ivano
July 16, 2012, 11:49am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
that 6'7 scandinavian keeper should improve things; shouldn't he realityman??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 103
realityman
July 16, 2012, 12:34pm
Snakebite drinker
YOU LOSE AN ARGUMENT AND RESORT TO THAT!   WELL DONE! I APPLAUD YOU FOR YOUR INGINUITY! WELL DONE! YOU ARE SUCH A CLEVER PERSON WITH A WONDERFUL MIND! WELL DONE! WELL DONE WELL DONE! NOW GET BACK TO THE THREAD AND MAKE A POINT!   OR IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 103
brad_gtfc
July 16, 2012, 12:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
These 1st 2 games they've got it right.
Giving everyone a run out, just getting people back into the rhythm.

The next few though, they need to be looking at getting there strongest team out and finding a winning formula, dont want a slow start to the season.
But I'd still like to see abit of experimenting, sort of Plan A and Plan B.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 103
Wrawby_Mariner
July 16, 2012, 12:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from realityman
YOU LOSE AN ARGUMENT AND RESORT TO THAT!   WELL DONE! I APPLAUD YOU FOR YOUR INGINUITY! WELL DONE! YOU ARE SUCH A CLEVER PERSON WITH A WONDERFUL MIND! WELL DONE! WELL DONE WELL DONE! NOW GET BACK TO THE THREAD AND MAKE A POINT!   OR IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!

No need to shout.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 53 - 103
realityman
July 16, 2012, 1:16pm
Snakebite drinker
It is not shouting. It is using capitol letters. Don't you understand capitol letters? is it really that difficult. please get back to the point of the thread and stop being so pedantic!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 103
GodHelpUs
July 16, 2012, 1:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Quoted from realityman
It is not shouting. It is using capitol letters. Don't you understand capitol letters? is it really that difficult. please get back to the point of the thread and stop being so pedantic!

I shall refrain from pointing out the obvious!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 103
July 16, 2012, 1:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from realityman

FFS
Reply: 56 - 103
Wrawby_Mariner
July 16, 2012, 1:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Quoted from realityman

its capital not capitol  

I totally disagree with your theory to drop the  4 3 3. Different teams will bring different threats and play in different ways. Surely it is beneficial to us to be as versatile as possible to counter those threats? Being comfortable playing different formations only comes with practice.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 57 - 103
Biccys
July 16, 2012, 1:29pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

its capital not capitol  

I totally disagree with your theory to drop the  4 3 3. Different teams will bring different threats and play in different ways. Surely it is beneficial to us to be as versatile as possible to counter those threats? Being comfortable playing different formations only comes with practice.

No making sense and being reasonable on the forum...  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 103
Super Clive
July 16, 2012, 1:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

No need to shout.  

He has to shout though, them old grannys won't hear him bless.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 103
Trawler
July 16, 2012, 2:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Quoted from Super Clive

He has to shout though, them old grannys won't hear him bless.

Classic.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 103
tashee69
July 16, 2012, 2:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from realityman

Read my previous thread. How old was Croft, Handyside, Ford, Drinkell, Bennett, etc when they made their debuts for Town.They were all in a higher league. You use Crawley as an example of where Town should be..... bit like comparing Man City with Newcastle really isnt it. I mean we really have that kind of money for transfers and wages dont we. When we play Wood, Thanoj or Southwell does it embarrass you that they were just youthies not that long ago. If we were playing the youth team for 60 mins closer to the start of the season then id understand your complaint but you just moan for the fun of it.
You sad, sad individual. Perhaps life should be more than moaning about your team and making up players we are going to sign. Get off playing Football Manager and go outside for a change, the air will do you good.
I just feel so sorry for you.

GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 103
GodHelpUs
July 16, 2012, 4:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from tashee69

You sad, sad individual. Perhaps life should be more than moaning about your team and making up players we are going to sign. Get off playing Football Manager and go outside for a change, the air will do you good.
I just feel so sorry for you.

If you knew him you'd feel even more sad for him! When someone gets his kicks from laying himself open to ridicule just to get some attention on a messageboard it is a pretty accurate mark of the man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 103
realityman
July 16, 2012, 4:35pm
Snakebite drinker
HERE WE GO AGAIN, ALL THE SAME SILLY LITTLE CHILDREN COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK! RESORTING TO ABUSE BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT MAKE A GOOD POINT ABOUT THE THREAD. I SAID THE SAME LAST SEASON AND I WILL AGAIN REPEAT IT THIS SEASON. THE PRE SEASON IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND MANY MISTAKES ARE ALREADY TAKING PLACE. WHERE DID GTFC FINISH LAST SEASON AND WAS IT AN IMPROVEMENT ON THE PREVIOUS YEAR? THE SAME IS HAPPENING THIS YEAR BUT YOU JUST CAN NOT SEE IT. YOU JUST RESORT TO INSULTS WHEN YOU CAN NOT MAKE AN ARGUMENT THEN YOU ACCUSE OTHERS OF BEING INSULTING. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. GET BACK TO THE THREAD AND MAKE A CASE FOR THE WAY THINGS ARE BEING RUN IF YOU CAN AND THEN COME BACK ON HERE IN JANUARY WHEN THE CLUB ARE FAILING YET AGAIN AND APOLOGISE! BUT THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AS YOU HAVE NO SHAME!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 103
tashee69
July 16, 2012, 4:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from realityman
HERE WE GO AGAIN, ALL THE SAME SILLY LITTLE CHILDREN COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK! RESORTING TO ABUSE BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT MAKE A GOOD POINT ABOUT THE THREAD. I SAID THE SAME LAST SEASON AND I WILL AGAIN REPEAT IT THIS SEASON. THE PRE SEASON IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND MANY MISTAKES ARE ALREADY TAKING PLACE. WHERE DID GTFC FINISH LAST SEASON AND WAS IT AN IMPROVEMENT ON THE PREVIOUS YEAR? THE SAME IS HAPPENING THIS YEAR BUT YOU JUST CAN NOT SEE IT. YOU JUST RESORT TO INSULTS WHEN YOU CAN NOT MAKE AN ARGUMENT THEN YOU ACCUSE OTHERS OF BEING INSULTING. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. GET BACK TO THE THREAD AND MAKE A CASE FOR THE WAY THINGS ARE BEING RUN IF YOU CAN AND THEN COME BACK ON HERE IN JANUARY WHEN THE CLUB ARE FAILING YET AGAIN AND APOLOGISE! BUT THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AS YOU HAVE NO SHAME!

But you can't have read my post then about youth team players.
Just out of curiosity, would you:
1) like to proved right and town struggling in Jan
2) want to be proved wrong and town to being top in Jan

only ask to find out what kind of person you are.
I know if i'd made those statements i'd definately be going for 2.

Private Message
Reply: 64 - 103
mariner91
July 16, 2012, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
The sooner Fenty fucks off and realityman and his mates can invest their millions into the club the better. If Fenty had half the knowledge and insight realityman has we'd still be a football league club and probably preparing our attempt at promotion to the Premiership. I bet Fenty is the sort of guy who uses capital letters at the start of sentences, wasting valuable business time, what a goon.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 103
Voice Of Reasons tongue
July 16, 2012, 5:07pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from realityman

Stop talking utter shite...

Why don't you take over from scott and hurst...???

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 103
MuddyWaters
July 16, 2012, 5:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from realityman

Please get a life, and your finger off CAPS LOCK!

There are ways of making a point and sometimes yours are valid. In this case, we've played a pub team and a team that is very nearly at the same level as us. This week, we play 2 football league sides which will give us an indication of where we are at. End.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 103
realityman
July 16, 2012, 5:10pm
Snakebite drinker
I WOULD LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG AND TOWN GET PROMOTED BUT I JUST CAN NOT SEE IT. I HAVE A LOT OF ISSUES WITH THE WAY THE CLUB HAS AND IS BEING RUN. I GUESS AFTER YEARS OF FAILURE MOST OF US SHOULD! THE POINTS I MAKE ARE VALID AND IN MY OPONION ARE RIGHT. I FIND IT QUITE DIFFICULT TO SEE ALL THESE PEOPLE STILL SAYING THAT THE CLUB ARE DOING OK WHEN CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT.  SUCCESS IS ALL THAT MATTERS BUT ITS A LONG WAY OFF!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 103
GodHelpUs
July 16, 2012, 5:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from realityman
I HAVE A LOT OF ISSUES

I really cannot argue with that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 103
pseudonym
July 16, 2012, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from realityman
Clever people spell Ingenuity correct. Not Inginuity thicko !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 103
GodHelpUs
July 16, 2012, 5:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from realityman
I SAID THE SAME LAST SEASON AND I WILL AGAIN REPEAT IT THIS SEASON.

You also said that Shaun Pearson wouldn't be signing and what a bunch of losers we all were for believing he would. More recently we have the mythical Scandinavian and the signing from Halifax. Need I go on?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 103
aaron rattray
July 16, 2012, 7:08pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Realityman, just go back and mess with old ladies, why post in caps lock, has the white sticky stuff made it stay down?, if so you should stop thinking about old ladies, if your not happy why don't you get a place on the board and become a shareholder and use the so called cash, and if you do we might sign a Scandinavian goalie

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 103
barralad
July 16, 2012, 7:17pm
Mariners Trust
It is of course too early to worry about the way things are going. However you cannot argue that we got to the first game of the season last season against Fleetwood without knowing what our best XI was. I hope the managers have learned from this because a start like last season-leaving us too much to do-will see more than just Realityman claiming he has seen the light.  

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 103
barralad
July 16, 2012, 7:19pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from aaron rattray
Realityman, just go back and mess with old ladies, why post in caps lock, has the white sticky stuff made it stay down?, if so you should stop thinking about old ladies, if your not happy why don't you get a place on the board and become a shareholder and use the so called cash, and if you do we might sign a Scandinavian goalie

Aaron-stick to posting your views about GTFC. As someone who has frequently been bullied for your views I'd have thought that you would have refrained from the same tactics....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 103
aaron rattray
July 16, 2012, 8:10pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Aaron-stick to posting your views about GTFC. As someone who has frequently been bullied for your views I'd have thought that you would have refrained from the same tactics....

well im telling him to go away

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 103
realityman
July 16, 2012, 8:20pm
Snakebite drinker
NOW CHILDREN STOP ARGUING. IF I CAN'T DEAL WITH A SILLY CREATURE LIKE THE AFORE MENTIONED GENTLEMAN WELL THERES NO HOPE. JUST LIKE FOR GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 103
tashee69
July 16, 2012, 8:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from aaron rattray

well im telling him to go away

You're nothing but a big bully !!  

Private Message
Reply: 77 - 103
aaron rattray
July 16, 2012, 8:46pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from tashee69

You're nothing but a big bully !!  

I know

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 103
TonySmith
July 16, 2012, 9:10pm

Snakebite drinker
   "Comedy gold, Jerry, comedy gold. "  Obscure Seinfeld reference but it certainly applies to this thread. Keep it up kiddies!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 103
aaron rattray
July 16, 2012, 9:13pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from TonySmith
   "Comedy gold, Jerry, comedy gold. "  Obscure Seinfeld reference but it certainly applies to this thread. Keep it up kiddies!

You got to admit me posting about his sticky stuff affecting his keyboard and why doesn't he become a shareholder then we might sign a Scandinavian keeper was very funny

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 103
TonySmith
July 16, 2012, 9:32pm

Snakebite drinker
   Actually, Aaron I do enjoy your posts. After all this time I still can't decide if you are what you claim to be or not. If you are for real, you remind me of one of those plastic clowns with the weight in the bottom that keeps being knocked down and comes right back up with a big smile on its face to get knocked down again. If you're not for real, then you're very  clever. Either way, keep up the entertainment, lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 103
aaron rattray
July 16, 2012, 9:34pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from TonySmith
   Actually, Aaron I do enjoy your posts. After all this time I still can't decide if you are what you claim to be or not. If you are for real, you remind me of one of those plastic clowns with the weight in the bottom that keeps being knocked down and comes right back up with a big smile on its face to get knocked down again. If you're not for real, then you're very  clever. Either way, keep up the entertainment, lad.

Yay! Of course im real

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 103
Super Clive
July 16, 2012, 9:51pm
Vodka Drinker
You're about as real as smash potato.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 103
80sglory
July 16, 2012, 11:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

Would that be the game where we scored three times?

2-2 !
Not sure how the goals came but think one came from a corner.
Talking of that, a hell of a lot of S&H's goals came from set pieces last season.
Whether that means they need to work a lot more on passing or concentrate on whats working best I'm not sure.
Improvement all round hopefully    

Quoted from barralad
However you cannot argue that we got to the first game of the season last season against Fleetwood without knowing what our best XI was. I hope the managers have learned from this because a start like last season-leaving us too much to do-will see more than just Realityman claiming he has seen the light.  

Maybe all you can say is they were partly inheriting a bunch of players e.g. Ridley, Kempson who were subsequently replaced.
Ok they didn't replace them end of season 1 but it takes time to replace almost an entire squad.
Admittedly it might be harder to defend them this time round (only if they deserve it obviously) but there's still another wave of new players entering the fray so they haven't got bundles of time to get them all up to speed.
Not sure but think I remember Scott saying something about sometimes it instantly clicks but more often it doesn't...?
Don't get me wrong I certainly don't believe in sticking with a manager if the danger signs are there or flogging a dead horse, but in their own defence they can always point (to some extent) at  the recovery of last season.

Anyway we're talking worst case scenarios here - fingers crossed it will all be completely irrelevant.  
Reply: 84 - 103
Neilo83
July 17, 2012, 6:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from TonySmith

I think u need to get out and find some friends.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 103
barralad
July 17, 2012, 10:22am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

2-2 !

Anyway we're talking worst case scenarios here - fingers crossed it will all be completely irrelevant.  

3-3

As for the last bit I hope you are right.....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 103
RoboCod
July 17, 2012, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Yes, 3-3 at FGR and wasn't it televised?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 103
realityman
July 17, 2012, 2:18pm
Snakebite drinker
quotes today: dean saunders: 'winning pre season games gets you into a winning habit'  stuart pearce: 'getting the team together and getting them gelled will improve us' also 'lets hit the tounament running'  these are quotes which came out of the daily telegraph but i guess as you lot can't read or understand footballing matters they will go straight over your heads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 103
GodHelpUs
July 17, 2012, 2:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from realityman
quotes today: dean saunders: 'winning pre season games gets you into a winning habit'  stuart pearce: 'getting the team together and getting them gelled will improve us' also 'lets hit the tounament running'  these are quotes which came out of the daily telegraph but i guess as you lot can't read or understand footballing matters they will go straight over your heads.

Mr Hamilton, if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow off that grease infested hat of yours. Whilst being truly astonished that you can read the Daily Telegraph (did you notice the capital letters there?) I have no doubt that you are incapable of understanding it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 103
Super Clive
July 17, 2012, 2:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from realityman

Oh no! I forgot brain clough was the editor of the daily telegraph.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 103
realityman
July 17, 2012, 4:47pm
Snakebite drinker
resorting to insults yet again! are you rattray in disguise? i guess not because he has not been let out yet! he just hides behind a keyboard just like you two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 103
tashee69
July 17, 2012, 4:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from realityman

More quotes for you
The last player to score a hat-trick in a cup final was Stan Mortenson. He even had a final named after him, the Matthews final.
Lawrie McMenemy
Believe it or not, goals can change a game.
Mike Channon
I am a firm believer that if you score one goal the other team have to score two to win.
Howard Wilkinson
just wait for my goalie! and the halifax player. they will be announced very soon! you will then all become believers! we are also signing a rotherham player this week!
Realityman

Private Message
Reply: 92 - 103
oldun
July 17, 2012, 4:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I think I have seen complaints on here about people offering judgements based on 2 x 45 min friendlies, yet there are plenty giving S & H advice, suggesting formations and offering team selections who have not seen a ball kicked yet. They cannot be serious!! reserve judgement guys.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 103
Super Clive
July 17, 2012, 5:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from realityman
resorting to insults yet again! are you rattray in disguise? i guess not because he has not been let out yet! he just hides behind a keyboard just like you two.

Insults? I suggest you read it again!

Private Message
Reply: 94 - 103
80sglory
July 17, 2012, 6:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

3-3

Thanks for pointing that out, I said my memory was dodgy.
Still think we over-passed it that night though.

Quoted from realityman
quotes today: dean saunders: 'winning pre season games gets you into a winning habit'

Would he be saying that if they were up against Man Utd tonight ?
I doubt it !

Anyway I'm off to BP and will be looking at nothing other than the performance.

Reply: 95 - 103
barralad
July 17, 2012, 8:53pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from GodHelpUs

Whilst being truly astonished that you can read the Daily Telegraph (did you notice the capital letters there?) I have no doubt that you are incapable of understanding it.

Well he's not on his own there........

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 103
Tommy
July 17, 2012, 10:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from realityman

Here's a genuine point for you:

Regarding the "getting them gelled" bit. Is it just the lads that will be the first choice eleven come Southport that we should get gelled together then? Should we just play that team in all the friendlies to get them gelled? Or should we get the whole squad familiar with playing alongside each other? So mid-season when we're picking up injuries and suspensions, we're not throwing players in that have barely played with the rest of the team in games and haven't gelled with them.

I'd say we've got quite a strong squad, in that we'd be fairly happy with any of them on the pitch and they wouldn't let us down. So the whole squad needs to gel and the new players need integrating with the whole squad, not just the likes of Hearn, McKeown, Disley, Miller etc

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 103
realityman
July 18, 2012, 2:31pm
Snakebite drinker
i agree with you about gelling the squad who will be all playing at some point but not youth players. if we ever have to call on them, well i guess we will be in big trouble. i would like all the first team squad to take part but if i were the manager i would start with my perceived first choice team and start subbing players at about the hour mark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 103
80sglory
July 18, 2012, 4:14pm
Guest User
Are you suggesting we shouldn't play any youth where we've got games on successive days like Winterton or North Ferriby ?
Reply: 99 - 103
barralad
July 18, 2012, 4:17pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Tommy

Here's a genuine point for you:

Regarding the "getting them gelled" bit. Is it just the lads that will be the first choice eleven come Southport that we should get gelled together then? Should we just play that team in all the friendlies to get them gelled? Or should we get the whole squad familiar with playing alongside each other? So mid-season when we're picking up injuries and suspensions, we're not throwing players in that have barely played with the rest of the team in games and haven't gelled with them.

I'd say we've got quite a strong squad, in that we'd be fairly happy with any of them on the pitch and they wouldn't let us down. So the whole squad needs to gel and the new players need integrating with the whole squad, not just the likes of Hearn, McKeown, Disley, Miller etc

Good points Tommy. We can expect to play 50+ games this season. Whether we like it or not it will be a squad game this season. Looks like S+H are looking for strength in depth. Can only be good surely?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 103
rancido
July 18, 2012, 5:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
It's a pity realityman didn't step into the breach 10 years ago and become chairman instead of JF. With all his knowledge on football matters ( financial,administrative and coaching ) we would be in a much healthier position now. In those 10 years we could have become Champions of Europe by now. Think of the money we would have saved in not having to employ a manager and a club secretary. Unfortunately that was a lost opportunity and we now find ourselves in the BSP.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 103
realityman
July 18, 2012, 6:32pm
Snakebite drinker
more insults,  but it is not important. what is important is to be right and i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 103
tashee69
July 18, 2012, 6:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from realityman
more insults,  but it is not important. what is important is to be right and i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"just wait for my goalie! and the halifax player. they will be announced very soon! you will then all become believers! we are also signing a rotherham player this week!"

The problem is that when you come out with so much rubbish in the past it's hard to take you seriously.

Private Message
Reply: 103 - 103
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › SOME ADVICE FOR S and H

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.