11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Super Clive
July 17, 2012, 2:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from realityman
quotes today: dean saunders: 'winning pre season games gets you into a winning habit'  stuart pearce: 'getting the team together and getting them gelled will improve us' also 'lets hit the tounament running'  these are quotes which came out of the daily telegraph but i guess as you lot can't read or understand footballing matters they will go straight over your heads.

Oh no! I forgot brain clough was the editor of the daily telegraph.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 103
realityman
July 17, 2012, 4:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
resorting to insults yet again! are you rattray in disguise? i guess not because he has not been let out yet! he just hides behind a keyboard just like you two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 103
tashee69
July 17, 2012, 4:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from realityman
quotes today: dean saunders: 'winning pre season games gets you into a winning habit'  stuart pearce: 'getting the team together and getting them gelled will improve us' also 'lets hit the tounament running'  these are quotes which came out of the daily telegraph but i guess as you lot can't read or understand footballing matters they will go straight over your heads.

More quotes for you
The last player to score a hat-trick in a cup final was Stan Mortenson. He even had a final named after him, the Matthews final.
Lawrie McMenemy
Believe it or not, goals can change a game.
Mike Channon
I am a firm believer that if you score one goal the other team have to score two to win.
Howard Wilkinson
just wait for my goalie! and the halifax player. they will be announced very soon! you will then all become believers! we are also signing a rotherham player this week!
Realityman

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 103
oldun
July 17, 2012, 4:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I think I have seen complaints on here about people offering judgements based on 2 x 45 min friendlies, yet there are plenty giving S & H advice, suggesting formations and offering team selections who have not seen a ball kicked yet. They cannot be serious!! reserve judgement guys.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 103
Super Clive
July 17, 2012, 5:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Quoted from realityman
resorting to insults yet again! are you rattray in disguise? i guess not because he has not been let out yet! he just hides behind a keyboard just like you two.

Insults? I suggest you read it again!

Private Message
Reply: 94 - 103
80sglory
July 17, 2012, 6:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

3-3

Thanks for pointing that out, I said my memory was dodgy.
Still think we over-passed it that night though.

Quoted from realityman
quotes today: dean saunders: 'winning pre season games gets you into a winning habit'

Would he be saying that if they were up against Man Utd tonight ?
I doubt it !

Anyway I'm off to BP and will be looking at nothing other than the performance.

Reply: 95 - 103
barralad
July 17, 2012, 8:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from GodHelpUs

Whilst being truly astonished that you can read the Daily Telegraph (did you notice the capital letters there?) I have no doubt that you are incapable of understanding it.

Well he's not on his own there........

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 103
Tommy
July 17, 2012, 10:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from realityman

Here's a genuine point for you:

Regarding the "getting them gelled" bit. Is it just the lads that will be the first choice eleven come Southport that we should get gelled together then? Should we just play that team in all the friendlies to get them gelled? Or should we get the whole squad familiar with playing alongside each other? So mid-season when we're picking up injuries and suspensions, we're not throwing players in that have barely played with the rest of the team in games and haven't gelled with them.

I'd say we've got quite a strong squad, in that we'd be fairly happy with any of them on the pitch and they wouldn't let us down. So the whole squad needs to gel and the new players need integrating with the whole squad, not just the likes of Hearn, McKeown, Disley, Miller etc

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 103
realityman
July 18, 2012, 2:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
i agree with you about gelling the squad who will be all playing at some point but not youth players. if we ever have to call on them, well i guess we will be in big trouble. i would like all the first team squad to take part but if i were the manager i would start with my perceived first choice team and start subbing players at about the hour mark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 103
80sglory
July 18, 2012, 4:14pm
Guest User
Are you suggesting we shouldn't play any youth where we've got games on successive days like Winterton or North Ferriby ?
Reply: 99 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › SOME ADVICE FOR S and H

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.