SOME ADVICE FOR S and H

This thread currently has 18,109 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
lawsman
July 15, 2012, 9:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
You have obviously stopped playing 1st class rugby as the physique you have now would be more suited to sumo. But you could also bore your opponents to death.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 103
aaron rattray
July 15, 2012, 9:19pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Why doesn't realityman go back to dating old woman?, at least we won't have rubbish like a Scandinavian keeper

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 103
Fishfinger
July 15, 2012, 10:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from Tommy
A few points:

1) I am sure Scott and Hurst will be on the phone to realityman first thing tomorrow morning to offer him a job as their advisor.

2) The people moaning about these YT lads playing in friendlies will probably be the same people moaning in a years time when we release all the youths, saying "why do we not give youth a chance"

3) I'd like to know how Fleetwood did last pre-season because I seem to remember them not having a great one and then starting slow failing to score in quite a few games?

3 great points! There really is no need to start worrying/moaning in pre-season. It is about experimenting and getting fitness up to scratch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 103
I am Um Bongo
July 15, 2012, 10:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Quoted from realityman
DROP THIS 433 SYSTEM! GET YOU FIRST CHOICE TEAM OUT EVERY MATCH! GET THEM GELLED! STOP PLAYING KIDS! COMPLETE YOUR SIGNINGS! and WAKE UP! Every minute of pre season counts and i am afraid this one is following last years pattern with excuses already. Stop making them and get on with it!  

Um Bongo thinks you are talking excrement, and should get back to your fantasy life on football manager.

Um Bongo is never wrong.

I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 103
July 15, 2012, 11:23pm
Guest User
I agree with realityman it's time to start gelling a settled team and formation from now, but this won't happen will it! and as per usual after chop and change constant tinkerings to formation we will end up going in to our first fixture not knowing best team/formation.
S&h should pick strongest team to at least start the rest of these friendlies 45mins minimum is a must IMO.
Reply: 44 - 103
I am Um Bongo
July 15, 2012, 11:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Quoted from 2578
I agree with realityman it's time to start gelling a settled team and formation from now, but this won't happen will it! and as per usual after chop and change constant tinkerings to formation we will end up going in to our first fixture not knowing best team/formation.
S&h should pick strongest team to at least start the rest of these friendlies 45mins minimum is a must IMO.

How many accounts do you have realityman?

I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 103
July 15, 2012, 11:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578

In Hursts interview he has said he will be giving player 60 minutes + or even a full game so we I dont think the youths will be playing anymore.
Reply: 46 - 103
tashee69
July 16, 2012, 1:00am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +955
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from realityman
PLAYERS NEED TO GEL! WINNING GAMES BRINGS A WINNING MENTALITY BOTH ON AND OFF THE PITCH! YOUTH PLAYERS WON'T BE PLAYING DURING THE SEASON SO THAT IS A WASTE OF TIME! 433 HAS NEVER WORKED HERE SO FORGET IT! GET THOSE PLAYERS IN WHAT FENTY PROMISED LAST WEEK, THEY NEED TO GEL WITH THE OTHER PLAYERS NOT THE KIDS! Every minute counts and every game counts. You must prepare correctly and as for those who say it does not matter well i refer you to the teams who have been promoted before: just look at crawley's pre season when they were with us. All pre season games should be taken seriously in fact any game should be. I always wanted to win when i played 1st class rugby and i still do now what ever the opposition. Winning is everything and losing is for losers! are you a loser?

Perhaps what the team also needs is a bit of support and not you moaning all the time about what the club is always doing wrong. Has the club ever done anything right in your eyes, they don't even manage to sign the players you say they are.
What a waste Southwell, Thanoj and Wood must be in your eyes coming through the youth. Bet you think thay's quite embarrassing when Crawley spent all that money.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 103
80sglory
July 16, 2012, 1:01am
Guest User
Quoted from kevikov
I haven't been to either game so to comment is hard but what i'm personally looking for this season is the ability to keep the ball.
Too long have we struggled to string together 5 or 6 passes and actually look like we're in control of the bloody thing! I'm more than aware that we're non league now so the calibre of players aren't the highest but lots of other teams somehow manage to pass the ball to each other and work openings, york for example. In training i would be drilling the bejesus out the players, working on knowing where your teammates are and being able to simply pass the ball to them. It really does wind me up!! Pass the ball and move into space, receive the ball and move it on, move into space.  Scoring individual goals is no problem going on last years return but keeping the ball for any period of time has really been the problem. Obviously there's another team involved in a match but that's no excuse for woeful passing and needlessly giving the ball away.

Good points.

But could it partly depend what style they're gonna go for ?
Some players (especially at the back) might not be ideally suited to pass pass pass.
Woodsy's team passed it well enough at times but Connell apart, there was a lack of creativity and we struggled to unlock teams.
Forest Green away springs to mind - lots of passing for the sake of it but not much end product or creativity.  
Perhaps some players need to be willing to take individual responsibility and risks to make things happen ?
Last thing we want is to end up getting nowhere playing pass the parcel...

If I was S&H I wouldn't necessarily fear going down a long ball route if everyone's on the same page at maximum intensity.
Obvious problem might be our midfield has got technically good creative (and smallish) players like Thanoj, Artus and Disley and Soares not best suited to the physical aspect.
So maybe it'll be a case of launch from the back for the forwartds to hold up then the midfield push up to support and we pass it around in their half ?
They certainly said they had a "play in the final third" policy when they arrived.
If you read their comments over Pearson it suggests the channels might be worked so maybe that's the outlet they're thinking of.

I love passing football cos WHEN executed well, it works like a dream.
But I remember last season they made a comment about having enough time to implement things (and they've got a crop of new players now too) so it's not an easy decision.
Good luck to them whatever route(s) they try - I just hope there's no extra complaining if they also try a variety of different tactics in pre-season.
Reply: 48 - 103
barralad
July 16, 2012, 11:12am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from 1600

Woodsy's team passed it well enough at times but Connell apart, there was a lack of creativity and we struggled to unlock teams.
Forest Green away springs to mind - lots of passing for the sake of it but not much end product or creativity.  

Would that be the game where we scored three times?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › SOME ADVICE FOR S and H

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.