Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 77 Guests

Coulson

This thread currently has 22,055 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
marinette
April 15, 2012, 1:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Daftlad
Here's the situation with Michael. When he was injured last season and out for two months he wasn't scanned and subsequently has been playing with an ankle problem now for the last 18 months. He insisted on a scan some six weeks ago and it revealed a problem requirers an operation and did eighteen months ago. Its not a serious problem but is meaning he's struggling through games at the minute. He has been offered a new reduced contract but is waying up his options as there has been interest from league clubs. He's happy at Grimsby and is settled in the area but at times this season he hasn't enjoyed his football as much as he should and is concearned at he often see's little of the ball due to current tactics deployed by H&S. He enjoyed his football more under Woodsy mainly because he was given more freedom. He accepts though thats what he's adked to do and gets on with it. To conclude he's got tough choice to make but at the end of the day if your offered more money to play in the league you'd probably take it.

I think this is the most interesting post in the thread, if true.    It immediately calls to mind the issues Adrian Forbes had with his injury.  Coulson always comes across as having a decent attitude and if he's been playing through injury then he must be given credit for that, along with the 18 or whatever assists previously mentioned.  I wouldn't blame him for wanting to go to a league club - not at all - and think he is probably good enough, when fit.  The thing that interests me most is that he's not enjoying his football as much as he was, because he sees very little of the ball.  That very point was made yesterday by John Tondeur during the match commentary.

Anyway, I wish MC well, whatever he decides to do.

Private Message
Reply: 60 - 214
mariner91
April 15, 2012, 1:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,860
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Allegedly one of the club's highest earners and therefore over the wage threshold that has been set...apparently. Don't shoot the messenger!

Also firmly believe that there are other better wingers in this league on less money, Mackreth being a good example.

This for me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 214
80sglory
April 16, 2012, 1:31am
Guest User
Quoted from AndyGTFC
A real shame if he does go but I can't blame him if he's got offers from league clubs.

I still think you can tell that he's not a natural winger but the amount of goals and assists he's got speak for themselves.

Totally agree.
It's a bit of a conundrum for me.
Not sure where he's gonna fit in but still love to keep him.

I'd love to play him as the 1 in a 4-3-1-2 but then that means no wingers. (is that good or bad ?)
If we go more as a passing team we could do that (looks unlikely we would !) but a lot of our goals have come from long ball/set pieces.

I just hope we make up our minds what the strategy is and go for it.

No idea if Daftlads post is true but it sounds quite believable.

Reply: 62 - 214
April 17, 2012, 4:57am
Guest User
[quote=1600]
Totally agree.
It's a bit of a conundrum for me.
Not sure where he's gonna fit in but still love to keep him.

I'd love to play him as the 1 in a 4-3-1-2 but then that means no wingers. (is that good or bad ?)
If we go more as a passing team we could do that (looks unlikely we would !) but a lot of our goals have come from long ball/set pieces.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think you've hit the nail on the head there. MC is one of our better quality players so, fair enough, one of the highest earners - but we can't employ him in his best position (do we know where that is, even?) and consequently he's not enjoying his football as much. We shouldn't forget he's still a young player (just turned 25, I think) and has demonstrated a good attitude - both qualities worth holding onto IMO.

Reckon this one's down to the player himself: if he wants to stay (on reduced terms/with other clubs interested) it'll be the right thing for him, and if he doesn't want to stay (on reduced terms/with other clubs interested) that'll be the right thing for him too. Expect him to go but would be chuffed if he stayed.

My reply to your "no wingers - good or bad?" bit would be this: if you're going to play wingers - they have to be good wingers.
Reply: 63 - 214
80sglory
April 17, 2012, 5:24am
Guest User
Korb khun krup chiang.
Last point - dee mak mak !
And they've got to get the ball more ?  
Sawatdee krup...  
Reply: 64 - 214
April 17, 2012, 9:43am
Guest User
Quoted from 1600
Korb khun krup chiang.
Last point - dee mak mak !
And they've got to get the ball more ?  
Sawatdee krup...  

For those of you who may be thinking 80's has gone barking, this is (partly) Thai language.
Reply: 65 - 214
woodi147
April 17, 2012, 10:30am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from realityman
this is more fenty cost cutting! he just does not get it and neither do most of you lot. Unless gtfc invest on the pitch it will be the drip drip drip of a slow death. exactly what HAS been happening under this regime. Now you can't argue with that one because it HAS happened and is not just conjecture! Just imagine what might have happened  if the money fenty and parker have put into the club had been spent on team building, it could have meant staying in the league and not losing as much. in fact maybe with incresed support breaking even.   success brings its own rewards. Just ask fleetwood and crawley. the choice is 1. A little bit of investment and the bottle to do it or 2. the keep the club just alive scenario. the old adage of speculate to accumulate springs to mind but you need to be brave to take that road, something that is in short supply here.

Go on then einstein tell us all where is the money coming from.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 214
forza ivano
April 19, 2012, 11:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,304
Gold Stars: 266
just wondering if this is a bit of a 'game' being played by the managers. wouldn't surprise me in the least if they haven't already got another winger all ready and waiting for the summer, so this is a way of saying 'bye bye' to coulson. mind you it'd have to be somebody bloody good at this level (mckreeth?) to be as effective as coulson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 214
wigworld
April 19, 2012, 11:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Also, if Coulson requires surgery on his long-standing injury, presumably that would take place over the Summer? And who would be liable for that - us or the new club (if he's leaving)? And would a new club take him on, given that his injury seems to be well known about?
Hope he gets the injury sorted and stays, he's a class above on his day.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 68 - 214
forza ivano
April 19, 2012, 12:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,304
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from wigworld
Also, if Coulson requires surgery on his long-standing injury, presumably that would take place over the Summer? And who would be liable for that - us or the new club (if he's leaving)? And would a new club take him on, given that his injury seems to be well known about?
Hope he gets the injury sorted and stays, he's a class above on his day.

good point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 214
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.