No Members and 162 Guests

Coulson

This thread currently has 21,982 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
April 23, 2012, 11:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from wigworld
Whether it's a job, a marriage or a social club, people only leave if they feel unvalued.

Makes me wonder....
If he was on less but happy would he have stayed ?
Obviously Elding was.

Mixed feelings about him (would prefer a large budget and him to stay) but wonder how much of a dint in the finances we'll make/save by sticking to budget ?
Or is it more a case that money isn't available ?

Reply: 200 - 214
davmariner
April 23, 2012, 11:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,961
Gold Stars: 79
Can't believe this thread has got this far, he's an ok player but by no means irreplaceable. He's not a winger and not good enough to be a striker, so what the hell is he? Let him go, he'll probably be on £1200 + a week which at this level can be used for 2 top BSP players. Even £800 is high at this level!  Don't think he's good enough to play in L2 as a winger. He'll probably end up at Forest Green or something. Nothing against him though, thanks for you hard work and services, but we can do better.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 214
80sglory
April 24, 2012, 1:05am
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner
Can't believe this thread has got this far, he's an ok player but by no means irreplaceable. He's not a winger and not good enough to be a striker, so what the hell is he?

Attacking midfielder IMO.
Can't see that ever happening but shame we never tried him in midfield or behind the front two cos I think he might have suprised people there linking up with the front 2 and our midfields been lacking pace for seasons...

Reply: 202 - 214
April 24, 2012, 6:25am
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner
Can't believe this thread has got this far, he's an ok player but by no means irreplaceable. He's not a winger and not good enough to be a striker, so what the hell is he?

I like the lad, he has never short changed us and always given his all. But I have never been convinced he has a position. He certainly isn't a striker, how many times has he been clear and hit the keeper? He isn't a natural winger either in my opinion. I get the impression the managerial team signed Louis Soares as a direct replacement for this reason. They're prepared to keep Coulson but only if the price is right.

Looks like he's going and he will leave with my best wishes.

Reply: 203 - 214
Mariners_15
April 24, 2012, 8:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from davmariner
Can't believe this thread has got this far, he's an ok player but by no means irreplaceable. He's not a winger and not good enough to be a striker, so what the hell is he? Let him go, he'll probably be on £1200 + a week which at this level can be used for 2 top BSP players. Even £800 is high at this level!  Don't think he's good enough to play in L2 as a winger. He'll probably end up at Forest Green or something. Nothing against him though, thanks for you hard work and services, but we can do better.

Spot on IMO, far too inconsistent and considering he'll be the highest earner at the club its a good deal to let him go...Stats don't necessarily speak for themselves, yes he has 18 assists but his delivery is inconsistent as is his overall performance. Nice enough guy, but not the loss some are hyping this up to be...
Thanks Coulo but cherio...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 214
oldun
April 24, 2012, 11:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Realism is setting in, we are still in the BSP and need to cut our cloth accordingly in the long term interest of the club. Of course no-one will be happy with a pay cut, but they should have played better and gained promotion, that might have helped. No-one is irreplaceable, graveyards are full of indispensible people! don't get me wrong I have nothing against Coulo and wish him well. He had good run at GTFC but I think he got himself into a bit of a rut. A fresh start may be good for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 214
forza ivano
April 24, 2012, 11:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Daftlad
Coulo leaving is nothing to do with money. He simply thinks he'll enjoy his football more elsewhere. So don't be surprised if he's at a more football friendly BSP team next season if nothing develops in the league. He's not got a problem with either manager although like all the players he gets drunk off with Scott's temper tantrums. It's not that they can't take a bollocking it's just often it's not constructive.
All this about having a pop at someone at the club when he leaves is just rubbish. If you know him you'd realise that's just not his style.

file:///C:/Users/Andy/Desktop/wave.gif

thanks for the update coulo - straight from the horse's mouth eh?

(check out his posting history)

ps you aren't off to fletwood are you? just a bit strange a random fleetwood fan should be posting about you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 214
forza ivano
April 24, 2012, 11:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Daftlad
Coulo leaving is nothing to do with money. He simply thinks he'll enjoy his football more elsewhere. So don't be surprised if he's at a more football friendly BSP team next season if nothing develops in the league. He's not got a problem with either manager although like all the players he gets drunk off with Scott's temper tantrums. It's not that they can't take a bollocking it's just often it's not constructive.
All this about having a pop at someone at the club when he leaves is just rubbish. If you know him you'd realise that's just not his style.

ps you aren't off to fletwood are you? just a bit strange a random fleetwood fan should be posting about you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 214
Mariner_501
April 24, 2012, 11:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from forza ivano

It seems you are correct. There is one more obvious player on here also, although i'm sure everybody already knows who it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 214
wigworld
April 24, 2012, 12:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Mariner_501

It seems you are correct. There is one more obvious player on here also, although i'm sure everybody already knows who it is.

Spill the beans! I haven't got a clue.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 209 - 214
22 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.