Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 174 Guests

Coulson

This thread currently has 21,979 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
bradzmilne
April 13, 2012, 11:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
If we can get him on a decent wage we should keep him. If he wants a stupidly high wage his not worth it. Personally I'd like to keep him but we need to cut our cloth and if that means getting rid of coulo that means getting rid of  coulo at the end of the we have soares already and then we possibly have winn,artus,KHM next year for each side. So if he leaves its not the end of the world. Have a feeling though that if he does leave he'll end up on the scoresheet against us next year

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 214
Garth
April 13, 2012, 11:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Personally think we could do better... would keep as a squad player but not first choice.

Has always been first choice when fit though, would prefer him to our other two recently aquired wide men, saying that we don`t know who H&S havein the pipe line
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 214
mariner91
April 13, 2012, 11:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,727
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from bradzmilne
If we can get him on a decent wage we should keep him. If he wants a stupidly high wage his not worth it. Personally I'd like to keep him but we need to cut our cloth and if that means getting rid of coulo that means getting rid of  coulo at the end of the we have soares already and then we possibly have winn,artus,KHM next year for each side. So if he leaves its not the end of the world. Have a feeling though that if he does leave he'll end up on the scoresheet against us next year

Why would he leave for a conference team? We have one of the bigger budgets, if we can't afford his wage demands who else in the BSP could now Fleetwood have all but gone up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 214
TAGG
April 13, 2012, 12:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from bradzmilne

"Cut our cloth"
Open the ticket shop on match days only getting rid of all those office staff& get rid of 1 of our 2 managers then we would have more money for players

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 214
ginnywings
April 13, 2012, 12:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

18 assists says he must be doing something very right...

Mostly from corners i would imagine and would be a lot higher if he put in consistently good ones.

Like a lot of our players,he has done his best work on our run against the weaker teams and i suspect that's when most of his goals were accrued.

Not been as good lately against the top sides and i feel we have a few players who haven't quite cut the mustard when the opportunities were there to push on into the play offs.

I personally feel we need 4 or 5 better players to make an impact next year.Whether Coulo will be one of them,i don't know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 214
rancido
April 13, 2012, 12:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from TAGG

"Cut our cloth"
Open the ticket shop on match days only getting rid of all those office staff& get rid of 1 of our 2 managers then we would have more money for players

What a stupid statement ! We would still have to have an Assistant Manager plus if you got rid of one of The Dynamic Duo then I'm sure the other would resign.We are then back to square one needing another management set-up and another rebuilding process.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 214
nickmariners
April 13, 2012, 12:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
He's a great quality player with a good attitude.  Really want him to stay.  He may be  a little off-form lately, but overall he fulfils his role this season very well.

In my view, last season required more "Roy of the Rovers" displays from him because that team  lacked the skills, application and fitness that the current squad possess -- so Coulson had to seem to be everywhere, doing everything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 214
mariner91
April 13, 2012, 12:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,727
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from TAGG

"Cut our cloth"

Why stop there? Lets get rid of Croudson, Stockdale and Moore. I'm sure Hurst could do it all on his own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 214
biggles9999
April 13, 2012, 1:08pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
I thought it was said by those 'in the know' on here before that Scott and Hurst were paid the same wage as our previous Manager/Assistant Manager duo?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 214
gobby
April 13, 2012, 1:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
10 goals, 18 assists,say no more. hope the lad signs
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 214
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.