Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Coulson

This thread currently has 21,976 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
April 23, 2012, 2:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from headingly_mariner
[/u]

Coulson is a proper hardworker and the kind of player we should be looking to keep, we will probably lose him because the club are not willing to negotiate he has the chance of playing league football.

I think the primary reason for him not signing is the carrot of League Football rather than just hard cash. Thats my guess anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 214
headingly_mariner
April 23, 2012, 2:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from BIGChris

I think the primary reason for him not signing is the carrot of League Football rather than just hard cash. Thats my guess anyway.

I think he would have already signed had the club negotiated on there offer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 214
headingly_mariner
April 23, 2012, 2:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

I really hope we win the league next season not least to see what you will find to moan about.

I don't, if we get good i will have to support another shite team who are having a miserable time of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 214
realityman
April 23, 2012, 2:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
I have never heard so much rubbish in all my life! you say grimsby don't want to do a rushden but for every ruhden there is a fleetwood or a crawley or a aldershot etc. CLUBS WHO ARE NOT AFRAID! You lot have most certainly been brainwashed by 'you know who' . Mind you that might be wrong because you would need a brain in the first place!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 214
Rick12
April 23, 2012, 3:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

I don't, if we get good i will have to support another shite team who are having a miserable time of it.
don't think its right to call a team shite disrespects the club and the players who play for the club.Ive said it before but every player who plays in the football league to further down the football pyramid eg levels 7 and even  below deserves respect because they have some ability to be playing  there in the first instance.A fascinating insight into how players get scouted and taken on is "every boys dream Chris Green".The best youngsters are scouted from the local leagues and schools and taken into youth set ups from prem to to league 2.Of these very few get given a youth team scholarship at 16 and at 18 only 2 on average out of 15 get given a pro deal.Of these only 1 out of every 6 will survive beyond  21 hence these stats give a raw idea of the difficulties and how tough it is of making a success of oneself in the game.

I think he would have already signed had the club negotiated on there offer.
agree

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 214
headingly_mariner
April 23, 2012, 3:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
don't think its right to call a team shite disrespects the club and the players who play for the club.Ive said it before but every player who plays in the football league to further down the football pyramid eg levels 7 and even  below deserves respect because they have some ability to be playing  there in the first instance.A fascinating insight into how players gets scouted and taken on is "every boys dream Chris Green".The best youngsters are scouted from the local leagues and schools and taken into youth set ups from prem to to league 2.Of these very few get given a youth team scholarship at 16 and at 18 only 2 on average out of 15 get given a pro deal.Of these only 1 out of every 6 will survive beyond  21 hence these stats give a raw idea of the difficulties and how tough it is of making a success of oneself in the game.

agree

I agree with you about the players and it wasn't a dig at the current team as i feel they certainly cannot be faulted for effort. I would say that the club is shite though, it is a massive mess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 214
forza ivano
April 23, 2012, 3:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
sounds to me like both parties are not unhappy with the present situation and i also suspect that the option of staying with town is a useful insurance for both parties if things don't pan out for either side.

in other words coulson thinks he can do better either wages or standard wise; the new2 think they can find a better,cheaper option. if coulson that nobody wants him for the money he wants then he has the possibility of staying with us;alternatively if the new2 can't find a suitable replacement then they can go back to coulson
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 214
arryarryarry
April 23, 2012, 3:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
As i understand it, he has been offered quite a considerable sum less than what he is on and he is willing to negotiate i.e. probably sign for less than he is currently on but the club are not willing to negotiate.

Possibly expect some not very complimentary words from Coulson about a certain individual if he does leave the club.
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 214
Biccys
April 23, 2012, 4:00pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from arryarryarry
As i understand it, he has been offered quite a considerable sum less than what he is on and he is willing to negotiate i.e. probably sign for less than he is currently on but the club are not willing to negotiate.

Possibly expect some not very complimentary words from Coulson about a certain individual if he does leave the club.

I think Coulo is a little more professional than that. If he does openly slate one of our managers (can't imagine which one you mean....), what does that look like to a potential new employer?!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 178 - 214
rancido
April 23, 2012, 4:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Biccys
I think it's a bit odd he's been offered less money per week but a longer contract, yet I think it was Scott who stated the offer wasn't reduced terms.... Technically, yes, that's more money and more security, but his pay slip will be lower each month.... I think that constitutes a pay cut in most people eyes...!?

I do agree though that we are at last seeing the club "cut our cloth" according to the budget available. If Coulo or anyother player has to take a cut in the offer of a new contract then so be it. We can't keep haemorrhaging money like we have been for the last 5-6 years any more. It's unsustainable for a business to do that, even with a benefactor wealthy as JF is.

I totally agree with the second part of this statement. The Dynamic Duo have managed clubs in the non-league scene for a few seasons and therefore know what kind of player you get for the wages offered. When NW was manager it was an area he had no experience in and it is possible that the wages offered to some players was unrealistic for the financial situation we were in. I certainly don't think it will affect the teams playing ability as some think. Yes , Coulson is a decent player but we have played against teams in this division who had players that were his equal for the position he played. I have faith that The Dynamic Duo will find someone to replace Coulo like they did with Alan Connell.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 214
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.