Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 153 Guests

Coulson

This thread currently has 21,975 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
April 13, 2012, 5:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,727
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from cod.gtfc

Pretty sure Lutons will be on their crowds and Mansfield's new owner was quoted as willing to spend to get out the division once the ground was sorted, that has now happened so expect him to spend next season.

Our budget will most likely be lower than this seasons too.

I wasn't aware Mansfield had a new owner, that's a depressing thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 214
Daftlad
April 13, 2012, 6:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Here's the situation with Michael. When he was injured last season and out for two months he wasn't scanned and subsequently has been playing with an ankle problem now for the last 18 months. He insisted on a scan some six weeks ago and it revealed a problem requirers an operation and did eighteen months ago. Its not a serious problem but is meaning he's struggling through games at the minute. He has been offered a new reduced contract but is waying up his options as there has been interest from league clubs. He's happy at Grimsby and is settled in the area but at times this season he hasn't enjoyed his football as much as he should and is concearned at he often see's little of the ball due to current tactics deployed by H&S. He enjoyed his football more under Woodsy mainly because he was given more freedom. He accepts though thats what he's adked to do and gets on with it. To conclude he's got tough choice to make but at the end of the day if your offered more money to play in the league you'd probably take it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 214
brad_gtfc
April 13, 2012, 6:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from Daftlad
Here's the situation with Michael. When he was injured last season and out for two months he wasn't scanned and subsequently has been playing with an ankle problem now for the last 18 months. He insisted on a scan some six weeks ago and it revealed a problem requirers an operation and did eighteen months ago. Its not a serious problem but is meaning he's struggling through games at the minute. He has been offered a new reduced contract but is waying up his options as there has been interest from league clubs. He's happy at Grimsby and is settled in the area but at times this season he hasn't enjoyed his football as much as he should and is concearned at he often see's little of the ball due to current tactics deployed by H&S. He enjoyed his football more under Woodsy mainly because he was given more freedom. He accepts though thats what he's adked to do and gets on with it. To conclude he's got tough choice to make but at the end of the day if your offered more money to play in the league you'd probably take it.

Thanks for the info mate, hope he stays.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 214
rancido
April 13, 2012, 7:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from TAGG

We are a non league club so tell me why we need all the backroom staff we have and why that ticket office needs to open every day.
Don't talk daft no way would one of em resigned. Assistant manager  half the wages so more money for player budget.
Geting rid of top players for a few bob extra is a backward step again.

So you are saying that if the club sacked one of them then the other one would carry on. I don't think so.
As far as the office staff are concerned I am not in a position to know their roles and neither I suspect do you. The ticket office isn't manned specifically for ticket sales but utilises staff that are employed in the administration who can fill in as and when required.
I would have thought that decimating the backroom staff was a backward step.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 214
louth_in_the_south
April 13, 2012, 7:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Good player but always wanted to be a striker . Didnt look like one at Luton to me . Fair play to him playing with a bad ankle but sounds like he's on his way to me .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 214
TAGG
April 13, 2012, 8:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from rancido

So you are saying that if the club sacked one of them then the other one would carry on. I don't think so.  
As far as the office staff are concerned I am not in a position to know their roles and neither I suspect do you. The ticket office isn't manned specifically for ticket sales but utilises staff that are employed in the administration who can fill in as and when required.
I would have thought that decimating the backroom staff was a backward step.

You don’t live in the real world. No way would you or anyone else put your job and family’s livelihood in jeopardy just because ye mate gets sacked.
We are a non league club we don’t need all the off field staff we have.
It’s not a backward step if the money saved is used for player budget.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 214
aaron rattray
April 13, 2012, 9:27pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
We need to cut the cloth accordingly and getting rid of backroom staff isnt good

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 214
moosey_club
April 13, 2012, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Part of the team that brought us down and that has stayed down is the cold hard truth.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 214
springstomind
April 14, 2012, 7:03am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
lol.. i honestly think 1 bell end has poped up and gone Coulson is excrement he aint a natural winger etc and people have jumped on the band wagon, i dont get it, i go nearly every game and he looks mint every time and his record for a midfield player is sterling . His England call up was justified this season, good player and reduced contract or not will always be a good player in our squad. We had a cracking run of results this season and he was involved in nearly all of them .... i appreciate Winn and Soares are big names with also good midfied records (at least Soares is for goal scoring) but since they joined our midefield and performances have gone to rat excrement ...... Coulson is gleaming and i hope he stays.

Best midfield for this season based on performances ....

Coulson, Disley, Thanoj, Artus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 214
aaron rattray
April 14, 2012, 7:21am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from springstomind
lol.. i honestly think 1 bell end has poped up and gone Coulson is excrement he aint a natural winger etc and people have jumped on the band wagon, i dont get it, i go nearly every game and he looks mint every time and his record for a midfield player is sterling . His England call up was justified this season, good player and reduced contract or not will always be a good player in our squad. We had a cracking run of results this season and he was involved in nearly all of them .... i appreciate Winn and Soares are big names with also good midfied records (at least Soares is for goal scoring) but since they joined our midefield and performances have gone to rat excrement ...... Coulson is gleaming and i hope he stays.

Best midfield for this season based on performances ....

Coulson, Disley, Thanoj, Artus

I agree with the louis soares and the peter winn bit but disagree about the rest, coulson does not take the players on anymore, injured or not it doesnt matter

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 214
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.