This thread currently has 22,042 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
mardy fish
March 8, 2012, 2:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from Squarkus

of course he would, why would he put money into somthing that he has no control over

Good point. Except the bit where he actually did have control, because the trust had already done a secret deal with him on voting rights, before the share transfer was even proposed. Otherwise, excellent reasoning again, keep it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 137
Quagmire
March 8, 2012, 3:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from cod.gtfc
without Fenty's money we probably won't even have a club

When will people get it through their thick skulls that John Fenty is the reason we need this additional income??

We 'need' this money to pay for a budget that he chooses and knows is way above our means and his general mismanagement.

He could quite easily decide to have a playing budget of 10 million quid next season and then at the end of the season come riding in on his horse to 'pay off' this 10 million deficit.  Of course what he won't say is that the reason we owe 10 million is because he decided to spend 10 million, nor will he mention that the club continues to grow ever deeper in debt to him.

Bad day for GTFC but not unexpected considering that so many cretins on here continue to worship at the altar of a man who has taken us from the Championship to non-league and has saddled us with millions of pounds of (ever increasing) 'benign' debt.

The only solace I can take is that there are 39 Trust members plus myself that voted 'no' who at least appear to have their eyes open.

Still, at least Honest John can add the names of another 170 yes men to the likes of Furneaux, Chapman & Elsom.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 137
Coley Surfer
March 8, 2012, 3:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from Quagmire

When will people get it through their thick skulls that John Fenty is the reason we need this additional income??

We 'need' this money to pay for a budget that he chooses and knows is way above our means and his general mismanagement.

He could quite easily decide to have a playing budget of 10 million quid next season and then at the end of the season come riding in on his horse to 'pay off' this 10 million deficit.  Of course what he won't say is that the reason we owe 10 million is because he decided to spend 10 million, nor will he mention that the club continues to grow ever deeper in debt to him.

Bad day for GTFC but not unexpected considering that so many cretins on here continue to worship at the altar of a man who has taken us from the Championship to non-league and has saddled us with millions of pounds of (ever increasing) 'benign' debt.

The only solace I can take is that there are 39 Trust members plus myself that voted 'no' who at least appear to have their eyes open.

Still, at least Honest John can add the names of another 170 yes men to the likes of Furneaux, Chapman & Elsom.

I love this post because its true. Great Post.

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 137
MuddyWaters
March 8, 2012, 3:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Quagmire

WHS with knobs, bells & whistles! The club that beat Liverpool & Tottenham less than a decade ago now up in arms over a penalty against the might Fleetwood, why are we in this mess? Cue the ITV Digital, tax debt argument........
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 137
Ipswin
March 8, 2012, 3:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Squarkus
fenty will keep the squad together

FFS you don't actually believe that do you? Hearn and anyone else Fenty can raise a few quid on will be gone in June

'The cheque's in the post'
'You can't get pregnant doing it standing up'
'Don't worry it doesn't taste of anything'
and now:
'I'll keep the squad together'

Jeez!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 137
marinerjase
March 8, 2012, 3:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,656
Gold Stars: 147
[quote=476]

I love this post because its true. Great Post.[/quote

Agreed.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 137
GodHelpUs
March 8, 2012, 3:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from Ipswin

You would have been if you had sold Fenty the shares instead of giving them to him but of course you folded under his veiled threats about withdrawing finance and selling Hearn so he got your shares for absolutely nowt and spent his £200000 on another lot

You? I'm not a member of the Trust Board but the rest of that post is spot on!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 137
cod.gtfc
March 8, 2012, 3:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Marinerz93

That's right because the countless other clubs who have gone into administration are miles bigger than us.  

We didn't go into admin because JF would have lost everything, he didn't have the clubs asests at the time, now he does and all is good.

yep Boston, Chester, Darlington, Kettering, Halifax, Scarborough......... are all so much better than us.

If you want we can take a gamble, go into admin and hope someone with more money than Fenty comes in and saves us, like these bigger clubs you speak off. If not we can rely on a trust that has no money to save us and we may eventually end up like some trust run clubs, or we could just re-form and start off lower down, or even worse cease to exist.

Me personally would rather not gamble with our clubs future and let fenty carry on throwing his own money away. Until he stops then maybe we will have no choice, but right now I'd rather not gamble and lose.

Remember the grass is always greener on the other side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 137
MuddyWaters
March 8, 2012, 3:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from cod.gtfc

yep Boston, Chester, Darlington, Kettering, Halifax, Scarborough......... are all so much better than us.

If you want we can take a gamble, go into admin and hope someone with more money than Fenty comes in and saves us, like these bigger clubs you speak off. If not we can rely on a trust that has no money to save us and we may eventually end up like some trust run clubs, or we could just re-form and start off lower down, or even worse cease to exist.

Me personally would rather not gamble with our clubs future and let fenty carry on throwing his own money away. Until he stops then maybe we will have no choice, but right now I'd rather not gamble and lose.

Remember the grass is always greener on the other side.

I take it you don't own or run a business then.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 137
MuddyWaters
March 8, 2012, 4:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS you don't actually believe that do you? Hearn and anyone else Fenty can raise a few quid on will be gone in June

'The cheque's in the post'
'You can't get pregnant doing it standing up'
'Don't worry it doesn't taste of anything'
and now:
'I'll keep the squad together'

Jeez!

It's a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas really. Oh yes, we love what you've done to GTFC John, carry on regardless.
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty vote - 82% in favour

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.