No Members and 8 Guests

Fenty vote - 82% in favour

This thread currently has 21,916 views. Print
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
March 9, 2012, 2:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido

Like I said in my original post  some people only want a democratic system if the result is what they want. You are one of many posters on here who only see your side of the argument ie JF is bad for the club and we would be better off without him. Unfortunately you cannot name a specific alternative but take the view that all will be ok if JF goes. I have no specific view either anti or pro JF but until a viable DEFINITE alternative appears then " better the devil you know ". My only concern is that at the moment we have a club with a person who is prepared to fund said club and if he was to decide he had had enough then who would come forward to replace him.

It is impossible to come up with a viable alternative and that is the clever bit in JF's plan.

Loaning the club massive funds and saddling it with the debt (from JF's fun and mismanagement) makes it one of the least attractive offers since tickets for the Titanic's return voyage went on sale!
Reply: 110 - 137
MuddyWaters
March 9, 2012, 3:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from 1054

It is impossible to come up with a viable alternative and that is the clever bit in JF's plan.

Loaning the club massive funds and saddling it with the debt (from JF's fun and mismanagement) makes it one of the least attractive offers since tickets for the Titanic's return voyage went on sale!

WHS
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 137
BlackBoots
March 9, 2012, 3:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from 1054

IF that is correct then the Trust were correct to overwhelmingly support the proposal.

I must admit to being slightly disappointed that nobody can come up with an alternative. Otherwise it seems there was no  point with the vote or this debate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 137
roundballovalhole
March 9, 2012, 3:08pm
Guest User
Did you actually read my post Blackboots or selectively read the bit that you highlighted.

You and Squarkus seem hellbent on getting into a 'Human Centipede Situation' with JF. . .

That. . . . . or you are both JF!!!
Reply: 113 - 137
Squarkus
March 9, 2012, 3:27pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from 1054
Did you actually read my post Blackboots or selectively read the bit that you highlighted.

You and Squarkus seem hellbent on getting into a 'Human Centipede Situation' with JF. . .

you make it sound as if it is all his fault, fenty himself holds his hands up to having made mistakes, but please tell me what is your plan B as i can only see that he is the only one who is willing to fund the future, and you keep banging on about his loans, he has writen them off, however if somone comes along or we get football fortune why should he not get his money back

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 137
BlackBoots
March 9, 2012, 3:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from 1054

I read the lot but you have posted that there isnt a viable alternative (and added why). I am desperately trying to find an alternative to letting JF continue but cannot for the life of me find one.

I am about as far away as being JF as anyone possibly could be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 137
Wrawby_Mariner
March 9, 2012, 3:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from BlackBoots

I read the lot but you have posted that there isnt a viable alternative (and added why). I am desperately trying to find an alternative to letting JF continue but cannot for the life of me find one.

I am about as far away as being JF as anyone possibly could be

There will be a time when Mr Fenty decides he no longer wants to play such an active role at the club and although I do not think for a second he will leave us in the mire we need someone to take over the reigns when this happens, It shouldn't be down to one person to look when every single one of us loves the club
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 116 - 137
headingly_mariner
March 9, 2012, 4:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

There will be a time when Mr Fenty decides he no longer wants to play such an active role at the club and although I do not think for a second he will leave us in the mire we need someone to take over the reigns when this happens, It shouldn't be down to one person to look when every single one of us loves the club

I suppose we are lucky we have you and the Trust to make sure we are not reliant on the funding of one man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 137
Wrawby_Mariner
March 9, 2012, 4:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I suppose we are lucky we have you and the Trust to make sure we are not reliant on the funding of one man.

I, like you don't have the spending power other town fans do but I still want to do my bit. My post had nothing to do with the trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 118 - 137
Harlem mariner
March 9, 2012, 4:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 137
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty vote - 82% in favour

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.