14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
DavidB
March 8, 2012, 12:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Quoted from barralad

In the interests of fairness it should be pointed out that the issue of Mike Parker's view on the deal with the shares was covered in the Q and A which went out. As I understand it there have been a few communications with Mr Parker.

What Q&A was that please barralad? I can't remember receiving one either with the ballot paper letter or subsequently. Even though it is now immaterial to the outcome, I am still interested in learning what Mike Parker's view was (it might allay some concerns) so would appreciate someone posting the relevant wording from the Q&A and/or a summary of the communications - thanks!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 137
80sglory
March 8, 2012, 12:28am
Guest User
Reply: 41 - 137
80sglory
March 8, 2012, 1:26am
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys
Pointless complaining about it now.

Pointless complaining before too.    

Quoted from Biccys
Pack the park Saturday roar the team on to 3 points and get the intercourse out of this excrement league with it's excrement referees and excrement away days.

Well said.

Others shouldn't feel guilty for having a say but just personally, that's precisely my bottom line to put off what I'd like to say.
No it's not a moan or finger pointing (quite the opposite) but it probably isn't gonna change anything for the better right now anyway.

You're quite a wise man Biccy's  

PS I'll let you off Anthony Church conceding that pen !  
Reply: 42 - 137
Harlem mariner
March 8, 2012, 7:12am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from Pass and Move

How is it seperate?

The fact the trust publicised the "seat on the board" while voting was going on is farcical and invalidates any prospect of a fair vote in my opinion. Any discussions about a seat on the board should have been kept private until voting was complete or until the offer of such a seat had been finalised.

Spot on that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 137
MuddyWaters
March 8, 2012, 7:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,282
Gold Stars: 236
Two points.

1. The 'seat on the board' was clearly influential and should, equally clearly, have caused the vote to be re-run.

2. 82% of a 72% turnout means that 59% of the Trust membership voted YES which whilst still a majority isn't that sensational bearing in mind the above.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 137
lukeo
March 8, 2012, 7:59am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,399
Gold Stars: 149
[quote] The Trust agrees not to accept any further shares from Mr Mike Parker. [quote]

I'm suprised noone's picked up on this? Or am I just being stupid? ... Why shouldn't the club recieve further shares if offered to them  

Oh and I'm happy with the result, I'm just curious
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 137
MuddyWaters
March 8, 2012, 8:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,282
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted Text

Oh and I'm happy with the result, I'm just curious

You're happy that GTFC remains in the current situation of being utterly reliant on the good will of a single person whilst being in such debt that it continues to be a totally unattractive proposition to external investors. OK.

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 137
DavidB
March 8, 2012, 8:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Quoted from 1600

Thanks 80sglory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 137
barralad
March 8, 2012, 9:09am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from DavidB

What Q&A was that please barralad? I can't remember receiving one either with the ballot paper letter or subsequently. Even though it is now immaterial to the outcome, I am still interested in learning what Mike Parker's view was (it might allay some concerns) so would appreciate someone posting the relevant wording from the Q&A and/or a summary of the communications - thanks!

80's to the rescue? Let me know if it's anything else...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 137
Rodley Mariner
March 8, 2012, 9:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Thank god the long term future of the club is now secured. Well the next 14 months anyway. By which time we'll be further in debt, further dependent on one man and presumably still operating on a budget way beyond our means.

As I said, thank god the long term future of the club is secured.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty vote - 82% in favour

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.