This thread currently has 22,032 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Denby
March 8, 2012, 7:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from cod.gtfc

yep Boston, Chester, Darlington, Kettering, Halifax, Scarborough......... are all so much better than us.

If you want we can take a gamble, go into admin and hope someone with more money than Fenty comes in and saves us, like these bigger clubs you speak off. If not we can rely on a trust that has no money to save us and we may eventually end up like some trust run clubs, or we could just re-form and start off lower down, or even worse cease to exist.

Me personally would rather not gamble with our clubs future and let fenty carry on throwing his own money away. Until he stops then maybe we will have no choice, but right now I'd rather not gamble and lose.

Remember the grass is always greener on the other side.

well that's an embarrassing post
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 137
MeanwoodMariner
March 8, 2012, 8:00pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Quagmire

The only solace I can take is that there are 39 Trust members plus myself that voted 'no' who at least appear to have their eyes open.

Still, at least Honest John can add the names of another 170 yes men to the likes of Furneaux, Chapman & Elsom.

If anyone who voted yes is a Fenty "yes man" then does it  follow that anyone who voted no is a "no man" who objects to absolutely anything Fenty does? I suggest you consider the merits of each decision or action rather than base everything on personalities - i suspect it's how most voters made their opinion. It's how people with "their eyes open" should operate in my opinion. Using terms like "cretins", "get it through their thick skulls" etc is, without question, the worst possible way to bring people over to your side of the argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 137
Marinerz93
March 8, 2012, 8:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from cod.gtfc

yep Boston, Chester, Darlington, Kettering, Halifax, Scarborough......... are all so much better than us.

If you want we can take a gamble, go into admin and hope someone with more money than Fenty comes in and saves us, like these bigger clubs you speak off. If not we can rely on a trust that has no money to save us and we may eventually end up like some trust run clubs, or we could just re-form and start off lower down, or even worse cease to exist.

Me personally would rather not gamble with our clubs future and let fenty carry on throwing his own money away. Until he stops then maybe we will have no choice, but right now I'd rather not gamble and lose.

Remember the grass is always greener on the other side.

Your funnier than Aaron.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 137
1mickylyons
March 9, 2012, 3:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Well i for one am bitterly dissapointed with this news but not at all suprised i just hope BC and the Trust have got it right?In fairness to JF there wasnt really a clammer from his detractors to keep him away from sort of mugging the shares though was there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 137
MuddyWaters
March 9, 2012, 7:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Well i for one am bitterly dissapointed with this news but not at all suprised i just hope BC and the Trust have got it right?In fairness to JF there wasnt really a clammer from his detractors to keep him away from sort of mugging the shares though was there?

No clamour, but why would there be when he has immersed the club in so much debt - TO HIM! He was/is the only option and all this vote does is to perpetuate that situation.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 137
Squarkus
March 9, 2012, 9:01am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS you don't actually believe that do you? Hearn and anyone else Fenty can raise a few quid on will be gone in June

'The cheque's in the post'
'You can't get pregnant doing it standing up'
'Don't worry it doesn't taste of anything'
and now:
'I'll keep the squad together'

Jeez!
So we bring another player in then, Fenty has had the misfortune of previouse managers that carnt manage or no what a good player is, surly even you can see that these two have somthing that we havent seen since we got SIR BUCKLEY from kettering, what wonderfull times lay ahead after that,ITS HAPPENING AGAIN SO STOP BEING NEGATIVE if you havent got anything constructive SHUT the F.U. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 137
forza ivano
March 9, 2012, 9:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Squarkus
So we bring another player in then, Fenty has had the misfortune of previouse managers that carnt manage or no what a good player is, surly even you can see that these two have somthing that we havent seen since we got SIR BUCKLEY from kettering, what wonderfull times lay ahead after that,ITS HAPPENING AGAIN SO STOP BEING NEGATIVE if you havent got anything constructive SHUT the F.U. UTM

ok john.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 137
lancspontooner
March 9, 2012, 9:21am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +213
This seems the ideal result for the moaners on here. Most knew that the Trust would have a majority voting "Yes" so the Trust Board, Trust Members and Fenty could be criticised in equal measure without the worry that funding might disappear this season. The club could then go on funding new players (Soares and Winn) in an attempt to get out of this god-forsaken division but the moaners would still have the moral high ground claiming that 82% of voters had been duped and apparently they are "cretins".

I voted late on to hear the arguments and I voted "Yes". I don't know the Trust Board members and I don't know Fenty. I know that Fenty's debts make our club an unattractive proposition to potential investors and I have been very critical of his decisions and communications to fans as Chairman. However, I do think he's a fan and I'm certain that there is no-one else likely to fund this club until the end of next season. I also think that next season is the most critical season we face as I think we'll fall short this year. So, as the least worst option, I'll give my support to the Trust Board to negotiate with Fenty and hopefully help to keep my club afloat. If he doesn't negotiate properly or the Trust Board aren't up to it I'd either withdraw my support for the Trust - or even put myself forward to get more involved. I wouldn't snipe on the sidelines/messageboards.

So carry on moaning on here and then you will have the satisfaction to be able to say "I told you so" next season if it doesn't work out. Alternatively you could join the Trust and give it a proper mandate to represent the fans. Rant over.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 137
BlackBoots
March 9, 2012, 10:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from lancspontooner
This seems the ideal result for the moaners on here. Most knew that the Trust would have a majority voting "Yes" so the Trust Board, Trust Members and Fenty could be criticised in equal measure without the worry that funding might disappear this season. The club could then go on funding new players (Soares and Winn) in an attempt to get out of this god-forsaken division but the moaners would still have the moral high ground claiming that 82% of voters had been duped and apparently they are "cretins".

I voted late on to hear the arguments and I voted "Yes". I don't know the Trust Board members and I don't know Fenty. I know that Fenty's debts make our club an unattractive proposition to potential investors and I have been very critical of his decisions and communications to fans as Chairman. However, I do think he's a fan and I'm certain that there is no-one else likely to fund this club until the end of next season. I also think that next season is the most critical season we face as I think we'll fall short this year. So, as the least worst option, I'll give my support to the Trust Board to negotiate with Fenty and hopefully help to keep my club afloat. If he doesn't negotiate properly or the Trust Board aren't up to it I'd either withdraw my support for the Trust - or even put myself forward to get more involved. I wouldn't snipe on the sidelines/messageboards.

So carry on moaning on here and then you will have the satisfaction to be able to say "I told you so" next season if it doesn't work out. Alternatively you could join the Trust and give it a proper mandate to represent the fans. Rant over.  

Sums it up perfectly in my opinion. You should post more often
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 137
MeanwoodMariner
March 9, 2012, 10:24am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from lancspontooner

Top drawer post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty vote - 82% in favour

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.