March 7, 2012, 10:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,657
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from supertown
just proves the gobby Fenty bashers on here are a minority

No it doesn't, at all, and frankly I'm disappointed that you could make such a short-sighted, glib statement!

The only thing that vote proves is that 82% of Trust members (at the time the ballot opened) felt that giving Fenty the shares was the best option for the long-term interests of the club.

Had the vote been held next week, after a fairly healthy level of debate had been raised, I can guarantee the result would be different.

The result also does not prove that 'Fenty bashers on here' are the members who voted against the proposal. I know of members who did not necessarily agree with the idea, but felt pressured to vote 'yes' as they felt that was the only way to secure any future for the club.

Please don't try and twist these results to fit a certain agenda. They prove one thing and one thing only.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 137
Meza
March 7, 2012, 10:13pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
I agree I for one am happy with the outcome but more so that we still have a chairman that loves the club, unlike some of the chairmen at other clubs.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 137
Denby
March 7, 2012, 10:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from sonik

Where?  I'm having a beer at home Denby!  82% can't be wrong can they. Please move on and support the team that has a chance of the playoffs and is secure for the immediate future.

UTM!

i meant in front of a computer...the lack of an answer from anyone on this important subject speaks volumes

and i always support the team, supporting the board is another matter completely
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 137
Marinerz93
March 7, 2012, 10:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Denby
sonik, as you're there, perhaps you could clarify whether the £200k of funding was included in former chairman john fenty's original funding promise (alongside former board member mike parker) or is on top of the £500k figure agreed?  thanks

You won't get any answers to questions JF doesn't like.  JF won't buy any more shares after his agreed amount because of rule 9.  Any further money will be in the form of benign loans spiraling out of control.

I'd like to see how much the benign loan is now and at the end of the period he has agreed to fund.  This deal stinks but it is done by the the trust with the best intentions.

No wonder Sonik is happy his brother is finally honouring the money he agreed with MP that started this whole share fiasco.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 137
jock dock tower
March 7, 2012, 10:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
82%, whichever way you look at it is an overwhelming majority in favour. Those who voted either way had also paid for the privilege. That's democracy, and it's also called putting your money where your mouth is. Only time will tell if it's the right one, but surely nobody who didn't put money in themselves have the right to condemn the vote?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 137
barralad
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ska face

No it doesn't, at all, and frankly I'm disappointed that you could make such a short-sighted, glib statement!

The only thing that vote proves is that 82% of Trust members (at the time the ballot opened) felt that giving Fenty the shares was the best option for the long-term interests of the club.

Had the vote been held next week, after a fairly healthy level of debate had been raised, I can guarantee the result would be different.

The result also does not prove that 'Fenty bashers on here' are the members who voted against the proposal. I know of members who did not necessarily agree with the idea, but felt pressured to vote 'yes' as they felt that was the only way to secure any future for the club.

Please don't try and twist these results to fit a certain agenda. They prove one thing and one thing only.

Doesn't that make the assumption that everyone who voted "Yes" rushed their ballot paper off within a day or two of the ballot opening? I know of a lot of people who waited until they'd had listened to/read about the issues before making their choice. How can you guarantee the vote would have been different? This vote was open for the best part of a month what, that has been said recently, would have made anybody change their mind. The posts about the vote have dropped off the front screen of the Fishy.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 137
Chris
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Pass and Move

What a crock of crap.

I wonder how many who voted YES felt they had no choice, i.e. had been pressured/blackmailed by the clear vieled threats made re funding, players etc. This isnt new money, its just the balance of the money he promised to put in as part of his agreement with Parker! Speaking of whom, I wonder how he feels about this decision, do the trust have the balls to ask him?

Wrawby? Chris? BIGChris?

To be fair this is a question you should direct to Mr Fenty. The  membership had their say and they have voted overwhelmingly for this proposal.

I think its time to move on and for the Trust board, time to concentrate our enegies on the things we've always wanted to be doing. That's alll I have to say about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 137
marinerjase
March 7, 2012, 10:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
[quote=36]

Where?  I'm having a beer at home Denby!  82% can't be wrong can they. Please move on and support the team that has a chance of the playoffs and is secure for the immediate future.

UTM![/quote

It's a majority of a small percentage of the clubs support. Nothing like a true representation across the board. Please don't have the audacity/smugness/cheek to question peoples support of Grimsby Town FC. Many have been here long before the Fenty family appeared.

Is it a good decision? Who knows.?...time will tell.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 137
Denby
March 7, 2012, 10:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
moving the goalposts part way through the consultation makes the whole process flawed imo
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 137
sonik
March 7, 2012, 10:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from marinerjase
[quote=36]

UTM![/quote

It's a majority of a small percentage of the clubs support. Nothing like a true representation across the board. Please don't have the audacity/smugness/cheek to question peoples support of Grimsby Town FC. Many have been here long before the Fenty family appeared.

Is it a good decision? Who knows.?...time will tell.

I am in no way questioning peoples support of Grimsby Town FC Jase or Smug about the end result.  Believe me I had genuine concerns about the clubs future some months ago and pleased that we can now move on after this vote.  

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty vote - 82% in favour

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.