9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2012, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Thought that Burns tied him up in knots - frankly showed how and why Fenty has called all the shots. Burns asked all the right questions and showed that the Trust has very few answers.
Private Message
Marinerz93
February 25, 2012, 5:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Thought that Burns tied him up in knots - frankly showed how and why Fenty has called all the shots. Burns asked all the right questions and showed that the Trust has very few answers.

Missed it, can you remember what was said and do you have any links.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 82
oldun
February 25, 2012, 5:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Didn't hear his interview but heard him chatting to people at the game and he was in his anti Fenty mode.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2012, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Amongst other points, Burns asked if Fenty has matched Parker's 500k for the year - trust member didn't know the answer. Also asked why the share issue vote needed to happen so soon and why it couldn't have waited till the end of the season - answer was that Fenty asked for it to be resolved before he would put more money in and that was also before news of the Bennett transfer - point being that Burns basically got the bloke to admit that Fenty had forced/coerced the issue.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 82
BlackBoots
February 25, 2012, 6:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Amongst other points, Burns asked if Fenty has matched Parker's 500k for the year - trust member didn't know the answer. Also asked why the share issue vote needed to happen so soon and why it couldn't have waited till the end of the season - answer was that Fenty asked for it to be resolved before he would put more money in and that was also before news of the Bennett transfer - point being that Burns basically got the bloke to admit that Fenty had forced/coerced the issue.

Never get a balanced view/opinion whether Fenty or Burns are involved. Their respective deep seated distrust of one another blurs the facts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2012, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from BlackBoots

Never get a balanced view/opinion whether Fenty or Burns are involved. Their respective deep seated distrust of one another blurs the facts

You may be right - would just say that Burns seemed to sum up the situation very clearly. Whether you like him or not, he is an extremely good and very intelligent journalist.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 82
Marinerz93
February 25, 2012, 6:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You may be right - would just say that Burns seemed to sum up the situation very clearly. Whether you like him or not, he is an extremely good and very intelligent journalist.

An intelligent journalist doesn't cloud his judegment with a personal vendetta.  Also I bet Burnsy got all his questions off the trust thread off here anyway  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2012, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

An intelligent journalist doesn't cloud his judegment with a personal vendetta.  Also I bet Burnsy got all his questions off the trust thread off here anyway  

Shows that he's a good researcher -  he thinks the Fishy runs GTFC anyway!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 82
Chris
February 25, 2012, 7:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Anyone have a link to this interview at all?

From what been said, I'm not sure anything that had been said (re the issue being "forced") was anything new. That was why the voting rights were given over to the Chair of any meeting to facilitate a further investment (new money or just a realisation of monies promised previosuly). This isnt a new revelation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 82
gtfc98
February 25, 2012, 7:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,062
Gold Stars: 68
Have u seen the trust board? BigChris aside I doubt they could organise a urine up in a brewery

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 82
Harlem mariner
February 25, 2012, 8:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from gtfc98
Have u seen the trust board? BigChris aside I doubt they could organise a urine up in a brewery

To be fair to the trust none of them i doubt would be used to dealing with some one like fenty and he was always going to carve them up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 82
marinette
February 25, 2012, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
JF isn't daft, is he?  Round about the time Darlington looked like going out of business, JF brought their plight to everyone's attention and likened their position to ours.  The more I think about it, the more like a veiled threat that appeared to be.  I find some of JF's demands quite distasteful, but distasteful is beside the point when we are talking about a club like GTFC that is likely to need cash investment in order to survive.  It seems obvious enough, but the Trust does not have the finances, and John Fenty does, and that is why the Trust is negotiating from a weakened position.  There is no getting away from it.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 82
Wrawby_Mariner
February 25, 2012, 8:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Chris

Obviously you don't know me then

Or anyone else on there
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 12 - 82
barralad
February 25, 2012, 8:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from gtfc98

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Are you a Trust member BTW?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 82
Chris
February 25, 2012, 9:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Comment just designed to wind us up Ian, don't rise to it mate. Har har, Chris in giving advice to not "rise to it"  on the Fishy har har.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 25, 2012, 10:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Quoted from Chris
Anyone have a link to this interview at all?

From what been said, I'm not sure anything that had been said (re the issue being "forced") was anything new. That was why the voting rights were given over to the Chair of any meeting to facilitate a further investment (new money or just a realisation of monies promised previosuly). This isnt a new revelation.

I take your point to an extent Chris - whether Fenty's £200k is genuinely "new" money not previously promised or the fulfilment of a prior commitment is not important it's the fact the Trust board stopped him walking away and not spending it. On the other hand it still looks like a decision made under duress and people who get their own way doing this once will do it again.  But more to the point if someone was prepared to renege on a previous agreement you couldn't trust them to fulfil a new agreement (unless you had a cast iron hold over them).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 82
gtfc98
February 25, 2012, 10:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from barralad

No I'm not. Wasn't an attempt to "wind you up" it's a genuine criticism.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 82
Chris
February 25, 2012, 10:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

Well in that case, I'm happy to say that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about and as such should refrain from doing so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 82
Chris
February 25, 2012, 10:10pm
Table Wine Drinker

I take your point to an extent Chris - whether Fenty's £200k is genuinely "new" money not previously promised or the fulfilment of a prior commitment is not important it's the fact the Trust board stopped him walking away and not spending it. On the other hand it still looks like a decision made under duress and people who get their own way doing this once will do it again.  But more to the point if someone was prepared to renege on a previous agreement you couldn't trust them to fulfil a new agreement (unless you had a cast iron hold over them).

That's a pretty persuasive argument. However, its still an assumption that the trust acted "under duress" and at this time no one has said they agreed that they felt pressured by Mr Fenty, suggesting we didn't (act under duress). I have no opinion to offer on that one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 82
Chris
February 25, 2012, 10:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Or anyone else on there

Dunno about that mate, he seems to have sussed the rest of you out quite well!!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 82
gtfc98
February 25, 2012, 11:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Chris

Well in that case, I'm happy to say that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about and as such should refrain from doing so.

Exactly the reason why I won't be joining your trust. It's the mentality that a few of u have that you have some higher authority just because you paid 15 quid to jump on the bandwagon and chase 5mins of glory that makes a lot of people want nothing to do with it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 82
promotion plaice
February 25, 2012, 11:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 201
Fenty has made some dreadfull decisions in the past which if you ask him he will say it wasn't me alone it was a board decision.
I have actually done that and got that response on email.
But lets start smelling the coffee folks, without jf this club would be in the mire.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 82
Tinymariner
February 26, 2012, 12:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from gtfc98

Exactly the reason why I won't be joining your trust. It's the mentality that a few of u have that you have some higher authority just because you paid 15 quid to jump on the bandwagon and chase 5mins of glory that makes a lot of people want nothing to do with it.

I disagree with everything you have said on this thread. Do you know all of the trust members? (I am not on the trust yet BTW). I find your criticism of them quite uncalled for. They are all fans who want a say on the running of our club. Joining has nothing to do with wanting to be better than any other fan. Being a trust member just means that you have the right to vote on key issues. The trust is new, give them a chance. UTMM  

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 82
February 26, 2012, 8:59am
Guest User
I like Burnsey despite his hull allegiances, listen to him in the morning sometimes he's good at his job.
He needs to stay the fxck away from blundell park though starting to be a bit of a jinx.
Reply: 23 - 82
barralad
February 26, 2012, 9:10am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from gtfc98

Based on exactly what? Just as a matter of interest what does someone who could organise a p*** up in a brewery look like?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 82
Chris
February 26, 2012, 9:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

I'm totally happy with that. If you feel yo can question our competence without actually knowing any of us them Im happy with my statement. Id also say that it isn't "my trust" nor the boards. Its the Mariners supporters Trust and all are free to join. And there aint any glory either sunshine, far from it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 82
Wrawby_Mariner
February 26, 2012, 9:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from barralad

Based on exactly what? Just as a matter of interest what does someone who could organise a p*** up in a brewery look like?

Oh we come in many shapes and forms.  

The fella clearly has no idea just how much effort we put into this. We have followed the rules and regulations of our governing body in everything we have done and that still is not good enough for some.
Logged Offline
Reply: 26 - 82
Marinerz93
February 26, 2012, 9:29am

Barley Wine Drinker

The fella clearly has no idea just how much effort we put into this. We have followed the rules and regulations of our governing body in everything we have done and that still is not good enough for some.

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/313g7t2.jpg[/IMG]

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 82
Grim_Exile
February 26, 2012, 10:24am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from gtfc98

Perhaps you would like to post a picture of yourself for all to see, and we can all make sweeping judgements on your abilities based on appearance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 82
headingly_mariner
February 26, 2012, 10:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124

While i am sure you are all working hard and are quite competent in your professional lives you have clearly been done like a kipper on the first major decision you have had to make. You have no concrete answers about anything and seem to have no guarantees about the big giveaway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 82
barralad
February 26, 2012, 10:46am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from headingly_mariner

While i am sure you are all working hard and are quite competent in your professional lives you have clearly been done like a kipper on the first major decision you have had to make. You have no concrete answers that fit my agenda about anything and seem to have no guarantees about the big giveaway.

Just in case anyone thought otherwise the quoted post above represents Headingly's opinion.....

Amended for the sake of veracity...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 82
DavidB
February 26, 2012, 10:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Quoted from marinette
JF isn't daft, is he?  Round about the time Darlington looked like going out of business, JF brought their plight to everyone's attention and likened their position to ours.  The more I think about it, the more like a veiled threat that appeared to be.  I find some of JF's demands quite distasteful, but distasteful is beside the point when we are talking about a club like GTFC that is likely to need cash investment in order to survive.  It seems obvious enough, but the Trust does not have the finances, and John Fenty does, and that is why the Trust is negotiating from a weakened position.  There is no getting away from it.

The Trust is caught between a rock and a hard place, with little negotiating power - and JF is seizing the opportunity to try and force the issue and protect his own position - and he is an experienced operator with the determination to get his own way. He is using the goodwill of the Trust (whose aim is to support the Club) and their financial weakness (no money!) to try and resolve the situation created 12 months ago when MP and JF's working relationship broke down, with the threat of withholding funding as the lever.

What it seems he fears is a future Trust - Mike Parker voting combination which with current share allocations would outvote him - and he's put pressure on the Trust over the past few months to 'clarify their position / come up with proposals'. He knows what he's doing - in effect the Trust is being put in a position ('manipulated' might or might not be a bit strong!) where they are damned if they do and damned if they don't....very uncomfortable, and not very fair on the Trust (we all know the answer to this, but JF could just as easily approach MP with the same argument to 'resolve the issue of control lying outside the Boardroom'!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 82
MeanwoodMariner
February 26, 2012, 11:06am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from barralad

Just in case anyone thought otherwise the quoted post above represents Headingly's opinion.....

Have to agree with the sentiment of this post. There is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement and debate etc. What is getting a bit pathetic and tiresome is the group of posters who claim that the Trust board and anyone voting 'yes' to the proposal have somehow been "done" by Fenty. Maybe, just maybe, they have given the situation plenty of thought and concluded something different to you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 82
Wrawby_Mariner
February 26, 2012, 11:07am
Season Ticket Holder

While i am sure you are all working hard and are quite competent in your professional lives you have clearly been done like a kipper on the first major decision you have had to make. You have no concrete answers about anything and seem to have no guarantees about the big giveaway.

I know what your saying but it is not up to the board to make the decision but the membership. If the membership say no then its the boards duty to act on behalf of the membership and the same if the answer was yes.

Your issues with the Trust aside, how would the club be funded beyond the end of the season if Mr Fenty had decided he no longer wanted to 'invest'? I'm not having a go or anything, just asking what you think.
Logged Offline
Reply: 33 - 82
headingly_mariner
February 26, 2012, 11:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from barralad

I am just very concerned about the current situation off the field and feel that the Trust board have been very short sighted. I would be singing your praises had you done something i thought was positive for the club. It is clear from yesterday's interview that the trust should now be urging people to vote no as since the voting rights were handed over the financial situation has clearly improved to the stage were little funding will be needed for the agreed period.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 82
Drinkells Boot
February 26, 2012, 11:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1
Why was Codalmighty involved?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 82
aaron rattray
February 26, 2012, 11:33am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
i knew that the trust would be a shambles. they are abysmal

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2012, 11:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Have to agree with the sentiment of this post. There is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement and debate etc. What is getting a bit pathetic and tiresome is the group of posters who claim that the Trust board and anyone voting 'yes' to the proposal have somehow been "done" by Fenty. Maybe, just maybe, they have given the situation plenty of thought and concluded something different to you.

Or maybe they have jumped to the short term conclusion without thinking of the long-term consequences?
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2012, 11:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from aaron rattray

Nice to see a bit of well-rounded debate......isn't it time for your nappy change?
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 82
Wrawby_Mariner
February 26, 2012, 12:02pm
Season Ticket Holder

If you'd like to discuss why you think what you think at the next home game I'll sit down with you and talk this though over a packet of Space Raiders and a Panda Pop
Logged Offline
Reply: 39 - 82
Ipswin
February 26, 2012, 12:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from promotion plaice
without jf this club would be in the mire.

Err have you been away for the last few years or have you simply not noticed? It's Tamworth and Braintree f*cking Town next week FFS. How much deeper in the mire (most of it thanks to Fenty) do you want?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 82
Harlem mariner
February 26, 2012, 12:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Err have you been away for the last few years or have you simply not noticed? It's Tamworth and Braintree f*cking Town next week FFS. How much deeper in the mire (most of it thanks to Fenty) do you want?

A fact that seems lost on many on here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 82
Garth
February 26, 2012, 12:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from gtfc98

You have your opinion even if its in the minority, why don`t you form a breakaway trust if you think you could better -----Thought not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 82
Harlem mariner
February 26, 2012, 12:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Garth

You have your opinion even if its in the minority, why don`t you form a breakaway trust if you think you could better -----Thought not

Minority??? I thought the trust had 300 members the facts are very simple like it or not the trust as not captured the hardcore support we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2012, 1:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Garth

Probably because Mike Parker wouldn't gift another Trust 500,000 shares to hand over to Fenty because they don't know what else to do with them.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 82
aaron rattray
February 26, 2012, 5:11pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker

If you'd like to discuss why you think what you think at the next home game I'll sit down with you and talk this though over a packet of Space Raiders and a Panda Pop

yeah sure i dont mind

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 82
Biccys
February 26, 2012, 5:28pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
No grooming on the forum Wrawbz.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 82
Wrawby_Mariner
February 26, 2012, 5:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Biccys

Oh damn  
Logged Offline
Reply: 47 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2012, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Biccys

Well whatever you groom him for, can you make sure that it's not for a seat on the board!
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 82
Wrawby_Mariner
February 26, 2012, 6:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
I don't know .. Aaron's links with Liverpool might be invaluable
Logged Offline
Reply: 49 - 82
Bullitt
February 26, 2012, 6:14pm
Guest User
I don't know .. Aaron's links with Liverpool might be invaluable

Yes what this club obviously needs is some good old fashioned racism supporting, lets make some t-shirts.
Reply: 50 - 82
voice of reason
February 26, 2012, 8:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from Harlem mariner

A fact that seems lost on many on here

Certainly not lost on me...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 82
gtfc98
February 26, 2012, 8:29pm
Whiskey Drinker

What I was trying to say, just put much better!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 82
Chris
February 26, 2012, 8:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

What I was trying to say, just put much better!

You're entitled to an opinion, but in my opinion, you're wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 82
tashee69
February 26, 2012, 11:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Marinerz93

I always had the feeling that headingly mariner is really burnsy on the account of all the nice things he says about fenty  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2012, 8:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from tashee69

I always had the feeling that headingly mariner is really burnsy on the account of all the nice things he says about fenty  

I suspect that Burns has a greater understanding of all things GTFC than most of the Trust board to be honest.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 82
marinerian
February 27, 2012, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from 2578
I like Burnsey despite his hull allegiances, listen to him in the morning sometimes he's good at his job.
He needs to stay the fxck away from blundell park though starting to be a bit of a jinx.

Burns is a Town fan! Hull at the moment are riding higher than us so they will get more coverage, especially with their larger fanbase etc.

Burns asks questions, some are awkward questions but they cause debate and get people ringing Radio Humberside to have their opinion heard. Sure any top dog at a Radio station would want this.

Also JT had the oppertunity to become head sports person but required him to cover more Hull and Scunty bollox games, he declined because his passion is covering GTFC.....was told this Saturday night by someone at Radio Humberside.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 82
forza ivano
February 27, 2012, 12:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from MuddyWaters

hi David!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2012, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

hi David!

Probably got about the same amount of hair....
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 12:42am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Chris

That's a pretty persuasive argument. However, its still an assumption that the trust acted "under duress" and at this time no one has said they agreed that they felt pressured by Mr Fenty, suggesting we didn't (act under duress). I have no opinion to offer on that one.

Chris, well if it wasn't then why this recommendation - I mean it's hardly a good deal is it? (Don't say it's not a recommendation - why put something before the members if the board doesn't support it?)

The timing of it - with the transferring of the voting rights at the height of the transfer window etc - suggests it very much was a "shares or Hearn" type situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 12:46am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

Now that is just silly. Some people have been members for years and have never seen an ounce of glory or authority. And as sure as eggs are eggs, there has not even been a hint of a wagon (band or not) to jump on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 12:50am
Brandy Drinker

I know what your saying but it is not up to the board to make the decision but the membership. If the membership say no then its the boards duty to act on behalf of the membership and the same if the answer was yes.

Your issues with the Trust aside, how would the club be funded beyond the end of the season if Mr Fenty had decided he no longer wanted to 'invest'? I'm not having a go or anything, just asking what you think.

Maybe the best thing to do is to run the club on a sound financial basis?  I know that might mean a non-competitive budget but .......

* Assuming we don't want to do a Darlo/Pompey/Rovrum/name any other repeat offender you care to name  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 12:51am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Probably got about the same amount of hair....

But are you as, erm, blessed in the waistline?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 82
Chris
February 28, 2012, 12:22pm
Table Wine Drinker

Chris, well if it wasn't then why this recommendation - I mean it's hardly a good deal is it? (Don't say it's not a recommendation - why put something before the members if the board doesn't support it?)

The timing of it - with the transferring of the voting rights at the height of the transfer window etc - suggests it very much was a "shares or Hearn" type situation.

My understanding was that this wasnt about Hearn as such but it was about the fact that the club would have run out of cash in less than 3 weeks without further investment from someone, in this case the only person willing and able to do so being Mr Fenty.

As Fenty himself has stated publicly, it was the tranfer of voting rights to the chair of any meeting (N.B NOT JF personally) that gave him the confidence to put further funds in, thus securing the immediate cash flow problems faced by the club. Without this, we would be in the mire right now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2012, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chris

My understanding was that this wasnt about Hearn as such but it was about the fact that the club would have run out of cash in less than 3 weeks without further investment from someone, in this case the only person willing and able to do so being Mr Fenty.

As Fenty himself has stated publicly, it was the tranfer of voting rights to the chair of any meeting (N.B NOT JF personally) that gave him the confidence to put further funds in, thus securing the immediate cash flow problems faced by the club. Without this, we would be in the mire right now.

I suggest you look at last year's accounts again if you think that we are out of the mire.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 6:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Chris

But was this new money that JF put in or just the fulfiment of what he'd previously promised?

And regardless of whether JF benefitted personally or "the chair of any meeting" it is still a "shares or Hearn" deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2012, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker

But was this new money that JF put in or just the fulfiment of what he'd previously promised?

And regardless of whether JF benefitted personally or "the chair of any meeting" it is still a "shares or Hearn" deal.

Just seems another episode in the series of gentle persuasions that Mr Fenty is wheeling out.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 82
Denby
February 28, 2012, 7:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +12 / -2
we all know that they'll never be a different chairman until those loans are dramatically reduced
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 82
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 8:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
further funds in, thus securing the immediate cash flow problems faced by the club.

Talk about oxymoron !

Reply: 68 - 82
Chris
February 28, 2012, 8:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Talk about oxymoron !

Do you have extremely large ears, have grey skin and a mouse as your best friend?

I'll put it another way. If Fenty hadn't have put more money in, there wouldn't have been wages for the players in February. This was also the case in December.

Fenty put this money in because the Trust Board had shown the capacity to negotiate a way forward to Mr Fenty and the GTFC board.

Call our capabilities into question all you like but these are facts and Mr Fenty himself will confirm this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 82
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 9:08pm
Guest User
Oooh there you go - assuming the worst.

It was just a joke, not a dig a JF,
I'm pleased he's putting his money in, I thank him for it and long may it continue.

I just find it ironic the money wasn't there until he put it in.
The FACTS are JF has had investment doubts - we all know that !

I Just found the wording of your sentence amusing - so sorry for breathing !  

The only thing I'm calling into question is your ability not to over-react over nothing.

Jesus wept, can't people make an innocent joke anymore ?  
Humour Boooooo !
Reply: 70 - 82
Chris
February 28, 2012, 9:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Oooh there you go - assuming the worst.

It was just a joke, not a dig a JF,
I'm pleased he's putting his money in, I thank him for it and long may it continue.

I just find it ironic the money wasn't there until he put it in.
The FACTS are JF has had investment doubts - we all know that !

I Just found the wording of your sentence amusing - so sorry for breathing !  

The only thing I'm calling into question is your ability not to over-react over nothing.

Jesus wept, can't people make an innocent joke anymore ?  
Humour Boooooo !

Fella, understand something. In the sort of environments I've worked in all my (working) life, I am around people like you, who try and fail to be relevant, witty, ironic, critical superior. They will often hide behind that they were "looking for a rise" when in real terms they have been exposed as an almighty bore.

You don't wind me up, you just bore me and I don't like being bored. Maybe I should just not read your posts. Im sure its what Rob Scott would tell me to do.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 82
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 9:31pm
Guest User
I have no desire to pick at you - I actually thought it was funny.

I'm afraid you've got the wrong end of the stick - end of.  

But thanks for getting personal - suffice to say I have no desire to exchange insults.
Reply: 72 - 82
February 28, 2012, 9:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from marinerian

Burns is a Town fan! Hull at the moment are riding higher than us so they will get more coverage, especially with their larger fanbase etc.

Burns asks questions, some are awkward questions but they cause debate and get people ringing Radio Humberside to have their opinion heard. Sure any top dog at a Radio station would want this.

Also JT had the oppertunity to become head sports person but required him to cover more Hull and Scunty bollox games, he declined because his passion is covering GTFC.....was told this Saturday night by someone at Radio Humberside.

Find it hard to believe Burnsy a town fan, he has to have a work related interest with him still covering games here from time to time, but like I said I listen to him a lot and he's always going on about Hull city this Hull city that, seems pretty obvious listening to him who his team is.
Anyway I think he lives in the hull so naturally he would have more passion for them.
Reply: 73 - 82
Squarkus
February 29, 2012, 8:58am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from DavidB

The Trust is caught between a rock and a hard place, with little negotiating power - and JF is seizing the opportunity to try and force the issue and protect his own position - and he is an experienced operator with the determination to get his own way. He is using the goodwill of the Trust (whose aim is to support the Club) and their financial weakness (no money!) to try and resolve the situation created 12 months ago when MP and JF's working relationship broke down, with the threat of withholding funding as the lever.

What it seems he fears is a future Trust - Mike Parker voting combination which with current share allocations would outvote him - and he's put pressure on the Trust over the past few months to 'clarify their position / come up with proposals'. He knows what he's doing - in effect the Trust is being put in a position ('manipulated' might or might not be a bit strong!) where they are damned if they do and damned if they don't....very uncomfortable, and not very fair on the Trust (we all know the answer to this, but JF could just as easily approach MP with the same argument to 'resolve the issue of control lying outside the Boardroom'!)
you alright trigger,ive had this brush for seventeen years, ive changed the head six times and the handle eight, its the same brush thow, flash to bang.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 82
forza ivano
February 29, 2012, 10:42am

Exile
Quoted from Squarkus
you alright trigger,ive had this brush for seventeen years, ive changed the head six times and the handle eight, its the same brush thow, flash to bang.

sorry squarkus , but that's gone right over my head.am still trying to make sense of it.a cultural reference to only fools and horses obviously, but can't quite grasp the relevance. i hope you didn't talk to your staff like that.........
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 82
voice of reason
February 29, 2012, 11:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from forza ivano

sorry squarkus , but that's gone right over my head.am still trying to make sense of it.a cultural reference to only fools and horses obviously, but can't quite grasp the relevance. i hope you didn't talk to your staff like that.........

Staff? who was his staff?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 82
forza ivano
February 29, 2012, 11:20am

Exile
Quoted from voice of reason

Staff? who was his staff?

have a look at his posting history - nothing apart from jf related stuff - it's almost as though they were joined at the hip..........
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 82
aaron rattray
February 29, 2012, 8:52pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
lets face it. we are in deep excrement. we cant afford things and if boston do get some cash of us that will be a total disaster. adminerstration is looming if we are not carefull

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 82
MuddyWaters
March 1, 2012, 8:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
lets face it. we are in deep excrement. we cant afford things and if boston do get some cash of us that will be a total disaster. adminerstration is looming if we are not carefull

Who let Einstein out of his box? FFS Aaron, read your comic if adult debate is beyond you.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 82
aaron rattray
March 1, 2012, 8:30pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Who let Einstein out of his box? FFS Aaron, read your comic if adult debate is beyond you.

whats wrong with it

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 82
MuddyWaters
March 2, 2012, 7:14am
Barley Wine Drinker

whats wrong with it

Aaron, the club is in debt to the tune of almost 4 million if you include the 'benign' loans, what difference is 25 grand going to make in the grand scheme of things?
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 82
Pongo
March 2, 2012, 9:22am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Quoted from forza ivano

have a look at his posting history - nothing apart from jf related stuff - it's almost as though they were joined at the hip..........

So is mine Ivano. Does that mean i am in for some inheritance then.

Simple as some people on here do not agree with the anti fenty brigade is that a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A raging UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 82
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust board member and Burns interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.