barralad
February 26, 2012, 10:46am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from headingly_mariner

While i am sure you are all working hard and are quite competent in your professional lives you have clearly been done like a kipper on the first major decision you have had to make. You have no concrete answers that fit my agenda about anything and seem to have no guarantees about the big giveaway.

Just in case anyone thought otherwise the quoted post above represents Headingly's opinion.....

Amended for the sake of veracity...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 82
DavidB
February 26, 2012, 10:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Quoted from marinette
JF isn't daft, is he?  Round about the time Darlington looked like going out of business, JF brought their plight to everyone's attention and likened their position to ours.  The more I think about it, the more like a veiled threat that appeared to be.  I find some of JF's demands quite distasteful, but distasteful is beside the point when we are talking about a club like GTFC that is likely to need cash investment in order to survive.  It seems obvious enough, but the Trust does not have the finances, and John Fenty does, and that is why the Trust is negotiating from a weakened position.  There is no getting away from it.

The Trust is caught between a rock and a hard place, with little negotiating power - and JF is seizing the opportunity to try and force the issue and protect his own position - and he is an experienced operator with the determination to get his own way. He is using the goodwill of the Trust (whose aim is to support the Club) and their financial weakness (no money!) to try and resolve the situation created 12 months ago when MP and JF's working relationship broke down, with the threat of withholding funding as the lever.

What it seems he fears is a future Trust - Mike Parker voting combination which with current share allocations would outvote him - and he's put pressure on the Trust over the past few months to 'clarify their position / come up with proposals'. He knows what he's doing - in effect the Trust is being put in a position ('manipulated' might or might not be a bit strong!) where they are damned if they do and damned if they don't....very uncomfortable, and not very fair on the Trust (we all know the answer to this, but JF could just as easily approach MP with the same argument to 'resolve the issue of control lying outside the Boardroom'!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 82
MeanwoodMariner
February 26, 2012, 11:06am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from barralad

Just in case anyone thought otherwise the quoted post above represents Headingly's opinion.....

Have to agree with the sentiment of this post. There is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement and debate etc. What is getting a bit pathetic and tiresome is the group of posters who claim that the Trust board and anyone voting 'yes' to the proposal have somehow been "done" by Fenty. Maybe, just maybe, they have given the situation plenty of thought and concluded something different to you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 82
Wrawby_Mariner
February 26, 2012, 11:07am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from headingly_mariner

While i am sure you are all working hard and are quite competent in your professional lives you have clearly been done like a kipper on the first major decision you have had to make. You have no concrete answers about anything and seem to have no guarantees about the big giveaway.

I know what your saying but it is not up to the board to make the decision but the membership. If the membership say no then its the boards duty to act on behalf of the membership and the same if the answer was yes.

Your issues with the Trust aside, how would the club be funded beyond the end of the season if Mr Fenty had decided he no longer wanted to 'invest'? I'm not having a go or anything, just asking what you think.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 33 - 82
headingly_mariner
February 26, 2012, 11:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from barralad

I am just very concerned about the current situation off the field and feel that the Trust board have been very short sighted. I would be singing your praises had you done something i thought was positive for the club. It is clear from yesterday's interview that the trust should now be urging people to vote no as since the voting rights were handed over the financial situation has clearly improved to the stage were little funding will be needed for the agreed period.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 82
Drinkells Boot
February 26, 2012, 11:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1
Why was Codalmighty involved?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 82
aaron rattray
February 26, 2012, 11:33am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
i knew that the trust would be a shambles. they are abysmal

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2012, 11:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Have to agree with the sentiment of this post. There is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement and debate etc. What is getting a bit pathetic and tiresome is the group of posters who claim that the Trust board and anyone voting 'yes' to the proposal have somehow been "done" by Fenty. Maybe, just maybe, they have given the situation plenty of thought and concluded something different to you.

Or maybe they have jumped to the short term conclusion without thinking of the long-term consequences?
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2012, 11:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aaron rattray

Nice to see a bit of well-rounded debate......isn't it time for your nappy change?
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 82
Wrawby_Mariner
February 26, 2012, 12:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aaron rattray

If you'd like to discuss why you think what you think at the next home game I'll sit down with you and talk this though over a packet of Space Raiders and a Panda Pop
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 39 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust board member and Burns interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.