This thread currently has 6,743 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Harlem mariner
February 25, 2012, 8:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from gtfc98
Have u seen the trust board? BigChris aside I doubt they could organise a urine up in a brewery

To be fair to the trust none of them i doubt would be used to dealing with some one like fenty and he was always going to carve them up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 82
marinette
February 25, 2012, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
JF isn't daft, is he?  Round about the time Darlington looked like going out of business, JF brought their plight to everyone's attention and likened their position to ours.  The more I think about it, the more like a veiled threat that appeared to be.  I find some of JF's demands quite distasteful, but distasteful is beside the point when we are talking about a club like GTFC that is likely to need cash investment in order to survive.  It seems obvious enough, but the Trust does not have the finances, and John Fenty does, and that is why the Trust is negotiating from a weakened position.  There is no getting away from it.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 82
Wrawby_Mariner
February 25, 2012, 8:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Chris

Obviously you don't know me then

Or anyone else on there
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 12 - 82
barralad
February 25, 2012, 8:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from gtfc98
Have u seen the trust board? BigChris aside I doubt they could organise a urine up in a brewery

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Are you a Trust member BTW?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 82
Chris
February 25, 2012, 9:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from barralad

Comment just designed to wind us up Ian, don't rise to it mate. Har har, Chris in giving advice to not "rise to it"  on the Fishy har har.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 25, 2012, 10:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Quoted from Chris
Anyone have a link to this interview at all?

From what been said, I'm not sure anything that had been said (re the issue being "forced") was anything new. That was why the voting rights were given over to the Chair of any meeting to facilitate a further investment (new money or just a realisation of monies promised previosuly). This isnt a new revelation.

I take your point to an extent Chris - whether Fenty's £200k is genuinely "new" money not previously promised or the fulfilment of a prior commitment is not important it's the fact the Trust board stopped him walking away and not spending it. On the other hand it still looks like a decision made under duress and people who get their own way doing this once will do it again.  But more to the point if someone was prepared to renege on a previous agreement you couldn't trust them to fulfil a new agreement (unless you had a cast iron hold over them).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 82
gtfc98
February 25, 2012, 10:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,062
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from barralad

No I'm not. Wasn't an attempt to "wind you up" it's a genuine criticism.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 82
Chris
February 25, 2012, 10:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

No I'm not. Wasn't an attempt to "wind you up" it's a genuine criticism.

Well in that case, I'm happy to say that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about and as such should refrain from doing so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 82
Chris
February 25, 2012, 10:10pm
Table Wine Drinker

I take your point to an extent Chris - whether Fenty's £200k is genuinely "new" money not previously promised or the fulfilment of a prior commitment is not important it's the fact the Trust board stopped him walking away and not spending it. On the other hand it still looks like a decision made under duress and people who get their own way doing this once will do it again.  But more to the point if someone was prepared to renege on a previous agreement you couldn't trust them to fulfil a new agreement (unless you had a cast iron hold over them).

That's a pretty persuasive argument. However, its still an assumption that the trust acted "under duress" and at this time no one has said they agreed that they felt pressured by Mr Fenty, suggesting we didn't (act under duress). I have no opinion to offer on that one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 82
Chris
February 25, 2012, 10:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Or anyone else on there

Dunno about that mate, he seems to have sussed the rest of you out quite well!!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust board member and Burns interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.