9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 12:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from gtfc98

Exactly the reason why I won't be joining your trust. It's the mentality that a few of u have that you have some higher authority just because you paid 15 quid to jump on the bandwagon and chase 5mins of glory that makes a lot of people want nothing to do with it.

Now that is just silly. Some people have been members for years and have never seen an ounce of glory or authority. And as sure as eggs are eggs, there has not even been a hint of a wagon (band or not) to jump on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 12:50am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I know what your saying but it is not up to the board to make the decision but the membership. If the membership say no then its the boards duty to act on behalf of the membership and the same if the answer was yes.

Your issues with the Trust aside, how would the club be funded beyond the end of the season if Mr Fenty had decided he no longer wanted to 'invest'? I'm not having a go or anything, just asking what you think.

Maybe the best thing to do is to run the club on a sound financial basis?  I know that might mean a non-competitive budget but .......

* Assuming we don't want to do a Darlo/Pompey/Rovrum/name any other repeat offender you care to name  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 12:51am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Probably got about the same amount of hair....

But are you as, erm, blessed in the waistline?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 82
Chris
February 28, 2012, 12:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3

Chris, well if it wasn't then why this recommendation - I mean it's hardly a good deal is it? (Don't say it's not a recommendation - why put something before the members if the board doesn't support it?)

The timing of it - with the transferring of the voting rights at the height of the transfer window etc - suggests it very much was a "shares or Hearn" type situation.

My understanding was that this wasnt about Hearn as such but it was about the fact that the club would have run out of cash in less than 3 weeks without further investment from someone, in this case the only person willing and able to do so being Mr Fenty.

As Fenty himself has stated publicly, it was the tranfer of voting rights to the chair of any meeting (N.B NOT JF personally) that gave him the confidence to put further funds in, thus securing the immediate cash flow problems faced by the club. Without this, we would be in the mire right now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2012, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Chris

My understanding was that this wasnt about Hearn as such but it was about the fact that the club would have run out of cash in less than 3 weeks without further investment from someone, in this case the only person willing and able to do so being Mr Fenty.

As Fenty himself has stated publicly, it was the tranfer of voting rights to the chair of any meeting (N.B NOT JF personally) that gave him the confidence to put further funds in, thus securing the immediate cash flow problems faced by the club. Without this, we would be in the mire right now.

I suggest you look at last year's accounts again if you think that we are out of the mire.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 6:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Chris

But was this new money that JF put in or just the fulfiment of what he'd previously promised?

And regardless of whether JF benefitted personally or "the chair of any meeting" it is still a "shares or Hearn" deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2012, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236

But was this new money that JF put in or just the fulfiment of what he'd previously promised?

And regardless of whether JF benefitted personally or "the chair of any meeting" it is still a "shares or Hearn" deal.

Just seems another episode in the series of gentle persuasions that Mr Fenty is wheeling out.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 82
Denby
February 28, 2012, 7:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +12 / -2
we all know that they'll never be a different chairman until those loans are dramatically reduced
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 82
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 8:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
further funds in, thus securing the immediate cash flow problems faced by the club.

Talk about oxymoron !

Reply: 68 - 82
Chris
February 28, 2012, 8:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Quoted from 1600

Talk about oxymoron !

Do you have extremely large ears, have grey skin and a mouse as your best friend?

I'll put it another way. If Fenty hadn't have put more money in, there wouldn't have been wages for the players in February. This was also the case in December.

Fenty put this money in because the Trust Board had shown the capacity to negotiate a way forward to Mr Fenty and the GTFC board.

Call our capabilities into question all you like but these are facts and Mr Fenty himself will confirm this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust board member and Burns interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.