Trust board member and Burns interview

This thread currently has 6,744 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 9:08pm
Guest User
Oooh there you go - assuming the worst.

It was just a joke, not a dig a JF,
I'm pleased he's putting his money in, I thank him for it and long may it continue.

I just find it ironic the money wasn't there until he put it in.
The FACTS are JF has had investment doubts - we all know that !

I Just found the wording of your sentence amusing - so sorry for breathing !  

The only thing I'm calling into question is your ability not to over-react over nothing.

Jesus wept, can't people make an innocent joke anymore ?  
Humour Boooooo !
Reply: 70 - 82
Chris
February 28, 2012, 9:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600
Oooh there you go - assuming the worst.

It was just a joke, not a dig a JF,
I'm pleased he's putting his money in, I thank him for it and long may it continue.

I just find it ironic the money wasn't there until he put it in.
The FACTS are JF has had investment doubts - we all know that !

I Just found the wording of your sentence amusing - so sorry for breathing !  

The only thing I'm calling into question is your ability not to over-react over nothing.

Jesus wept, can't people make an innocent joke anymore ?  
Humour Boooooo !

Fella, understand something. In the sort of environments I've worked in all my (working) life, I am around people like you, who try and fail to be relevant, witty, ironic, critical superior. They will often hide behind that they were "looking for a rise" when in real terms they have been exposed as an almighty bore.

You don't wind me up, you just bore me and I don't like being bored. Maybe I should just not read your posts. Im sure its what Rob Scott would tell me to do.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 82
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 9:31pm
Guest User
I have no desire to pick at you - I actually thought it was funny.

I'm afraid you've got the wrong end of the stick - end of.  

But thanks for getting personal - suffice to say I have no desire to exchange insults.
Reply: 72 - 82
February 28, 2012, 9:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from marinerian

Burns is a Town fan! Hull at the moment are riding higher than us so they will get more coverage, especially with their larger fanbase etc.

Burns asks questions, some are awkward questions but they cause debate and get people ringing Radio Humberside to have their opinion heard. Sure any top dog at a Radio station would want this.

Also JT had the oppertunity to become head sports person but required him to cover more Hull and Scunty bollox games, he declined because his passion is covering GTFC.....was told this Saturday night by someone at Radio Humberside.

Find it hard to believe Burnsy a town fan, he has to have a work related interest with him still covering games here from time to time, but like I said I listen to him a lot and he's always going on about Hull city this Hull city that, seems pretty obvious listening to him who his team is.
Anyway I think he lives in the hull so naturally he would have more passion for them.
Reply: 73 - 82
Squarkus
February 29, 2012, 8:58am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from DavidB

The Trust is caught between a rock and a hard place, with little negotiating power - and JF is seizing the opportunity to try and force the issue and protect his own position - and he is an experienced operator with the determination to get his own way. He is using the goodwill of the Trust (whose aim is to support the Club) and their financial weakness (no money!) to try and resolve the situation created 12 months ago when MP and JF's working relationship broke down, with the threat of withholding funding as the lever.

What it seems he fears is a future Trust - Mike Parker voting combination which with current share allocations would outvote him - and he's put pressure on the Trust over the past few months to 'clarify their position / come up with proposals'. He knows what he's doing - in effect the Trust is being put in a position ('manipulated' might or might not be a bit strong!) where they are damned if they do and damned if they don't....very uncomfortable, and not very fair on the Trust (we all know the answer to this, but JF could just as easily approach MP with the same argument to 'resolve the issue of control lying outside the Boardroom'!)
you alright trigger,ive had this brush for seventeen years, ive changed the head six times and the handle eight, its the same brush thow, flash to bang.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 82
forza ivano
February 29, 2012, 10:42am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Squarkus
you alright trigger,ive had this brush for seventeen years, ive changed the head six times and the handle eight, its the same brush thow, flash to bang.

sorry squarkus , but that's gone right over my head.am still trying to make sense of it.a cultural reference to only fools and horses obviously, but can't quite grasp the relevance. i hope you didn't talk to your staff like that.........
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 82
voice of reason
February 29, 2012, 11:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from forza ivano

sorry squarkus , but that's gone right over my head.am still trying to make sense of it.a cultural reference to only fools and horses obviously, but can't quite grasp the relevance. i hope you didn't talk to your staff like that.........

Staff? who was his staff?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 82
forza ivano
February 29, 2012, 11:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from voice of reason

Staff? who was his staff?

have a look at his posting history - nothing apart from jf related stuff - it's almost as though they were joined at the hip..........
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 82
aaron rattray
February 29, 2012, 8:52pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
lets face it. we are in deep excrement. we cant afford things and if boston do get some cash of us that will be a total disaster. adminerstration is looming if we are not carefull

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 82
MuddyWaters
March 1, 2012, 8:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aaron rattray
lets face it. we are in deep excrement. we cant afford things and if boston do get some cash of us that will be a total disaster. adminerstration is looming if we are not carefull

Who let Einstein out of his box? FFS Aaron, read your comic if adult debate is beyond you.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust board member and Burns interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.