Trust board member and Burns interview

This thread currently has 6,746 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Bullitt
February 26, 2012, 6:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
I don't know .. Aaron's links with Liverpool might be invaluable

Yes what this club obviously needs is some good old fashioned racism supporting, lets make some t-shirts.
Reply: 50 - 82
voice of reason
February 26, 2012, 8:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Harlem mariner

A fact that seems lost on many on here

Certainly not lost on me...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 82
gtfc98
February 26, 2012, 8:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from headingly_mariner

While i am sure you are all working hard and are quite competent in your professional lives you have clearly been done like a kipper on the first major decision you have had to make. You have no concrete answers about anything and seem to have no guarantees about the big giveaway.

What I was trying to say, just put much better!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 82
Chris
February 26, 2012, 8:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from gtfc98

What I was trying to say, just put much better!

You're entitled to an opinion, but in my opinion, you're wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 82
tashee69
February 26, 2012, 11:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Marinerz93

An intelligent journalist doesn't cloud his judegment with a personal vendetta.  Also I bet Burnsy got all his questions off the trust thread off here anyway  

I always had the feeling that headingly mariner is really burnsy on the account of all the nice things he says about fenty  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2012, 8:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from tashee69

I always had the feeling that headingly mariner is really burnsy on the account of all the nice things he says about fenty  

I suspect that Burns has a greater understanding of all things GTFC than most of the Trust board to be honest.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 82
marinerian
February 27, 2012, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from 2578
I like Burnsey despite his hull allegiances, listen to him in the morning sometimes he's good at his job.
He needs to stay the fxck away from blundell park though starting to be a bit of a jinx.

Burns is a Town fan! Hull at the moment are riding higher than us so they will get more coverage, especially with their larger fanbase etc.

Burns asks questions, some are awkward questions but they cause debate and get people ringing Radio Humberside to have their opinion heard. Sure any top dog at a Radio station would want this.

Also JT had the oppertunity to become head sports person but required him to cover more Hull and Scunty bollox games, he declined because his passion is covering GTFC.....was told this Saturday night by someone at Radio Humberside.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 82
forza ivano
February 27, 2012, 12:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You may be right - would just say that Burns seemed to sum up the situation very clearly. Whether you like him or not, he is an extremely good and very intelligent journalist.

hi David!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2012, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from forza ivano

hi David!

Probably got about the same amount of hair....
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 12:42am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Chris

That's a pretty persuasive argument. However, its still an assumption that the trust acted "under duress" and at this time no one has said they agreed that they felt pressured by Mr Fenty, suggesting we didn't (act under duress). I have no opinion to offer on that one.

Chris, well if it wasn't then why this recommendation - I mean it's hardly a good deal is it? (Don't say it's not a recommendation - why put something before the members if the board doesn't support it?)

The timing of it - with the transferring of the voting rights at the height of the transfer window etc - suggests it very much was a "shares or Hearn" type situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust board member and Burns interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.