9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
thebigeasy
November 9, 2011, 12:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
the five hours of pouring his heart out no mention appears  to have been made of the inside details of the Fenty / Parker scenario.
Did Fenty avoid it? Was he not asked? Was he asked but didn't reply? Did he answer but ask that it not be publicised?

FYI - yes we did speak in detail about the MP scenario. He happily asked any questions and went through the whole situation in detail. JF avioded nothing and said I could relay anything he had said.
At no point did I get the feeling he was holding anything back.

He spoke freely about MP, the previous boards, the time when Bill Carr and his board were removed, managers and his relationship with them, why they left or were sacked, the cost of changing managers, players past and present, Russell Slade, finances, Allan  Buckley (he says his only bug regret on the managers front was to release AB when they did. he said they should have given him more time, and also, Heywood and a couple of others were Watkiss's choice not Allans!).

To reiterate - NOTHING WAS OFF LIMITS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 83
thebigeasy
November 9, 2011, 12:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
but id like to know how john and mike are going to work together for the good of the club rather than there personal dislike of each other

JF is trying hard to contact MP to find a way forward. JF still doesn't entirely understand MP's reasons for walking away. MP is not responding to JF. So make of that what you will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 83
thebigeasy
November 9, 2011, 1:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
I'd like to make a few things clear about all this and stop the cynisism -

Am I still angry about what has happened the club - most definately
Was I misguided and were my assumptions wrong in my post - most definately Yes. I am now better informed and that is why I apologised on here.
Do I think there are still huge problems - most definately yes
Do I think MP will return - doubt it at the minute but his situation is not clear.
Do I now absolve JF of all blame for what has happened - no.
Am I more or less worried about the club than I was before the meeting - probably a bit more worried
Do I think the managers sghould be sacked - there is no point at the minute. There are bigger issues to deal with off the field.
Do I think The Trust has a role to play in the clubs future - A resounding YES. No disrespect to anyone but the Trust needs some professional people from all walks of business to come forward and devote their time and ideas to the Trust and the club.
And finally, have I had a lobotomy and become JF's lap dog - most definitely not... I think  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 83
RonMariner
November 9, 2011, 1:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,668
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from thebigeasy

he says his only bug regret on the managers front was to release AB when they did. he said they should have given him more time

I realise it is not likely to happen, but I'd have him straight back in charge if he would come back. This is probably a better squad than he had when he got us to Wembley last time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 83
forza ivano
November 9, 2011, 1:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,173
Gold Stars: 265
but the Trust needs some professional people from all walks of business to come forward and devote their time and ideas to the Trust and the club.

This is an interesting and quite vital point. I know from my experience of running It's a grim Exile many moons ago that there are an awful lot of highly qualified Town fans out there who have a great deal of expertise between them. I've always thought it a great shame that it has never been possible to somehow allow their skills and love of the club to be used for the benfit of the club. Off the top of my head I can remember that there were doctors, architects, solicitors, planning professionals, councillors, PR people, people who worked in the hospitality, catering and entertainments sectors amongst others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 83
thebigeasy
November 9, 2011, 2:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
I know from my experience of running It's a grim Exile many moons ago that there are an awful lot of highly qualified Town fans out there who have a great deal of expertise between them. I've always thought it a great shame that it has never been possible to somehow allow their skills and love of the club to be used for the benfit of the club. Off the top of my head I can remember that there were doctors, architects, solicitors, planning professionals, councillors, PR people, people who worked in the hospitality, catering and entertainments sectors amongst others.

Just out of interest, are you a member of the Trust?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 83
Squarkus
November 9, 2011, 2:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
I dont think for one minute fenty would want to change anyones views, but i no when i have spoken to him he is very factual and correct about alot of the things, but does like a debate, i just wish people would wake up and smell the coffee, he has always been here for the long term and im sure he feels there is unfinnished business, any business man/woman know,s if you inherit something that is broken it takes a long time to fix it, if at all it is fixable, there is not in my humble appinion a business man in this town who could acheive and personally fund something that is never going to give you a return financialy, but totaly devoted to put something back into the town where he gained his wealth, i like 99% of people would be somewhere sunny and think ive done my bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 83
upthestripes
November 9, 2011, 2:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Bigeasy, can I ask what he said about Slade, about Cardiff and the contract talks?
Appreciate you answering questions, cheers.
And massive respect to you for having the balls and the willingness to find things out for yourself.

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 83
80sglory
November 9, 2011, 2:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from thebigeasy
Heywood and a couple of others were Watkiss's choice not Allans!

Wow !
Was Richard Hope one of the others ?
Reply: 68 - 83
pleasegoup
November 9, 2011, 3:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
dario gradi is 70 and still managing crewe

buckley is 60

i can but dream.

seriously though, the man deserves a role at the club. even if its only director of youth you can guarantee he would do well. in all 3 spells he brought through players. mcdermott, croft, handyside, butterfield, bennett to name a few.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Apology to JF

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.