Private Message
Reply: 81 - 83
DavidB
November 12, 2011, 9:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
I'd just like to say that I think there's several people who deserve a lot of credit for how they've handled things over the past few days:
- Rob for the way he's dealt with the issue of some posters who in their frustration strayed into personal abuse territory, and the consequent complaint from John Fenty (perhaps the JF e-mail was somewhat heavy, but arguably was influenced too by frustration)
- thebigeasy, for having the moral courage to approach JF and deal with the matter person-to-person, and then to post a public apology (and what a great conversation you seem to have had, I'm quite envious )
- ditto Super Clive (and others whose posts I might have missed), for also apologising
- and also John Fenty, for spending the time with thebigeasy discussing things, a conversation which seems to have been very open and honest  - and it's encouraging to hear that John has acknowledged some mistakes and regrets (particularly about AB! )

From a situation a week ago that was on the verge of becoming very nasty, the actions of the people above have helped restore the tone of this message board to something that is much more reasonable, whilst still enabling a wide range of views including criticism - thanks guys!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 83
dapperz fun pub
November 13, 2011, 11:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DavidB
I'd just like to say that I think there's several people who deserve a lot of credit for how they've handled things over the past few days:
- Rob for the way he's dealt with the issue of some posters who in their frustration strayed into personal abuse territory, and the consequent complaint from John Fenty (perhaps the JF e-mail was somewhat heavy, but arguably was influenced too by frustration)
- thebigeasy, for having the moral courage to approach JF and deal with the matter person-to-person, and then to post a public apology (and what a great conversation you seem to have had, I'm quite envious )
- ditto Super Clive (and others whose posts I might have missed), for also apologising
- and also John Fenty, for spending the time with thebigeasy discussing things, a conversation which seems to have been very open and honest  - and it's encouraging to hear that John has acknowledged some mistakes and regrets (particularly about AB! )

From a situation a week ago that was on the verge of becoming very nasty, the actions of the people above have helped restore the tone of this message board to something that is much more reasonable, whilst still enabling a wide range of views including criticism - thanks guys!

fenty was good in having a meeting with the poster whos original fears appear now to have subsided BUT  can fenty now expand that conversation to the masses and explain the parker issue in more detail publicly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Apology to JF

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.