This thread currently has 18,060 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Squarkus
November 9, 2011, 3:18pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
its a totaly differant type of youth modern day, that he is use to, he would end up killing somone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 83
forza ivano
November 9, 2011, 4:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from thebigeasy

Just out of interest, are you a member of the Trust?

yes - life member. and would urge all fans to join up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 83
sonik
November 9, 2011, 4:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from forza ivano

yes - life member. and would urge all fans to join up

Well done Forza.  I will echo those sentiments. Join the Trust and try make a difference. UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 83
Super Clive
November 9, 2011, 4:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from sonik

Well done Forza.  I will echo those sentiments. Join the Trust and try make a difference. UTM!

I Don't know if you have seen it or not Sonik but I would like you to read my PM that I have sent you.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 83
sonik
November 9, 2011, 5:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Quoted from Super Clive

I Don't know if you have seen it or not Sonik but I would like you to read my PM that I have sent you.

Done and replied Clive!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 83
DJ Mera
November 9, 2011, 5:13pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +18 / 0
Approval: +1
Quoted from forza ivano
I despair of this club sometimes - I pity JF, Dave Otter, Emma Gillingham, pseudonym and anyone else who volunteers or tries to do anything positive for this club. JF spends 5 hours of his Sunday night talking through the plight of the club with just a normal fan and the pathetic criticism continues.Do you lot find it impossible to give him any sort of credit whatsoever? how many chairmen of professional football clubs would do that?
and just one question which all of you Fenty haters spectacularly fail to answer is this;if fenty and/or parker walk away exactly WHO is coming in to save our club? Are you 80s glory? are you big clive? are you tagg?are you my cats dreams? no , you feckin ain't are you? as usual you'll sit on your backsides and just keep moaning and bitching. you're just like the lads in the lower smiths who took advantage of one of the super cheap entrance deals and then spent the half time break berating fenty to his face because one of the bars wasn't open!
perhaps if you're not going to do anything positive you could at least illuminate us as to how, if fenty and parker walk away the club will be run and by whom? i await with baited breath your business plans and financial projections..........

ps bigeasy - have only very rarely agreed with your posts but big respect to you for doing and posting that.very interesting and you deserve your new plus point- lol!

pps - 5 hours in the same house as mrs fenty and the delightful daughter - a lot of town fans will be very very jealous

Great Post Mate - I'm only visiting this site maybe once a week now as I am finding some of the posters to depressing but your post is refreshing to say the least. (Loved the pps   )

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 83
80sglory
November 9, 2011, 5:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
and just one question which all of you Fenty haters spectacularly fail to answer is this;if fenty and/or parker walk away exactly WHO is coming in to save our club? Are you 80s glory?

No idea why you're asking me, I've never said I want JF to walk away and take his cash with him.

Just because people think the club needs a new face or someone else to help make the decisions it doesn't mean we're "Fenty haters" as you so love to say.

Best thing JF could do IMO would be to get someone with some footballing knowledge to become DOR or to give a 2nd opinion from the outside.

Reply: 76 - 83
Grim up north
November 9, 2011, 9:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Quoted from DJ Mera

Great Post Mate - I'm only visiting this site maybe once a week now as I am finding some of the posters to depressing but your post is refreshing to say the least. (Loved the pps   )

Just what I was thinking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 83
grimsby pete
November 12, 2011, 12:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from thebigeasy
It has been bought to my attention that a recent thread on The Fishy attributed to myself, and the misguided frenzied debate that ensued, has caused deep distress and upset to Mr Fenty. Following his correspondence with The Fishy, I met with Mr Fenty who kindly took a great deal of time to detail the events and the facts that have been a part of his time at the club. In addition Mr Fenty kindly detailed the financial requirements for the rest of this season and the next. As such it is important that the record is put straight.

It is clear to me now that any suggestion that he may profit from the sale of Blundell Park, or indeed the club, are pure speculation and not based on fact, and as such any comments suggesting otherwise are not a fair and reasonable assumption.
On inspection of the latest accounts published by the club it is abundantly clear that the current valuation of the ground is well below the £2.3m suggested in the GET article, as it has been deprecisted to a cyurrent net book value of £1.375m. Furthermore, it has recently been valued at between £1.1m and £1.5m and as such it currently would not support the repayment of Mr Fentys loans.
In addition I have learned that there are safeguards in place, introduced during Mr Fentys chairmanship, to which all directors have agreed and sigend up to, that stipulate loans can only be repaid on the basis of affordability to the club.
Furthermore, the pension payments, which will total £650k, that have been made to Mr Fenty over the last 4 or 5 years, are in fact payments made in respect of a loan made available through Five Start Fish, made at the time of the ITV digital collapse. These repayments are being made in accordance with the agreement at the time to repay him through a pension distribution at the rate of £162,500 over the first 3 years, reducing to £50k for a further three payments with a final payment of £12,500. In no way do these payments represent any "additional" funds, or profit over and above the loans he has in the club.
In addition comments made about the new community stadium project were again based on conjecture. Within the clubs accounts (http://extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/index2.htm) omn page 27, the statement clearly defines the projects and the safeguards that will be put in place to safeguard the future of the club. There is no doubt that serious investment will be required and this will not be found without a viable business case.
During my meeting with Mr Fenty it was very clear that the underlying distrust and abuse directed at him is causing him some very real distress and concern, particularly as it is now becoming extremely vitriolic and is now extending beyond the message boards to public abuse at matches. Quite clearly, no one deserves to be treated this way, especially someone who has supported the club with huge sums of his own money.
I would also remind people that I have always found Mr Fenty to be extremely approachable, and he will always happily take time to try and explain the situation at the club in greater detail, should anyone have any concerns.
For my part, whilst not accepting that any harm was ever intended, and expressing that all I have ever tried to do was to simulate a healthy debate on issues at the club, I wish to apologise for any hurt or distress caused by any clumsy attempt on my part and others, to debate my concerns on the ongoing problems at the club. During our conversation Mr Fenty asked me several times what I would do if I were in his situation – quite candidly, as things stand I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole. A sentiment, I know, that is quite often expressed by others on here.
Finally, I would also encourage all others to publicly express their apologies on here and concentrate their efforts on providing a united front in order to get the club back to where it belongs in the Football League.

ICEY POST OT THE MONTH

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 83
RoboCod
November 12, 2011, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from grimsby pete

ICEY POST OT THE MONTH

Seconded. POTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Apology to JF

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.