This thread currently has 18,059 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
thebigeasy
November 8, 2011, 6:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
It has been bought to my attention that a recent thread on The Fishy attributed to myself, and the misguided frenzied debate that ensued, has caused deep distress and upset to Mr Fenty. Following his correspondence with The Fishy, I met with Mr Fenty who kindly took a great deal of time to detail the events and the facts that have been a part of his time at the club. In addition Mr Fenty kindly detailed the financial requirements for the rest of this season and the next. As such it is important that the record is put straight.

It is clear to me now that any suggestion that he may profit from the sale of Blundell Park, or indeed the club, are pure speculation and not based on fact, and as such any comments suggesting otherwise are not a fair and reasonable assumption.
On inspection of the latest accounts published by the club it is abundantly clear that the current valuation of the ground is well below the £2.3m suggested in the GET article, as it has been deprecisted to a cyurrent net book value of £1.375m. Furthermore, it has recently been valued at between £1.1m and £1.5m and as such it currently would not support the repayment of Mr Fentys loans.
In addition I have learned that there are safeguards in place, introduced during Mr Fentys chairmanship, to which all directors have agreed and sigend up to, that stipulate loans can only be repaid on the basis of affordability to the club.
Furthermore, the pension payments, which will total £650k, that have been made to Mr Fenty over the last 4 or 5 years, are in fact payments made in respect of a loan made available through Five Start Fish, made at the time of the ITV digital collapse. These repayments are being made in accordance with the agreement at the time to repay him through a pension distribution at the rate of £162,500 over the first 3 years, reducing to £50k for a further three payments with a final payment of £12,500. In no way do these payments represent any "additional" funds, or profit over and above the loans he has in the club.
In addition comments made about the new community stadium project were again based on conjecture. Within the clubs accounts (http://extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/index2.htm) omn page 27, the statement clearly defines the projects and the safeguards that will be put in place to safeguard the future of the club. There is no doubt that serious investment will be required and this will not be found without a viable business case.
During my meeting with Mr Fenty it was very clear that the underlying distrust and abuse directed at him is causing him some very real distress and concern, particularly as it is now becoming extremely vitriolic and is now extending beyond the message boards to public abuse at matches. Quite clearly, no one deserves to be treated this way, especially someone who has supported the club with huge sums of his own money.
I would also remind people that I have always found Mr Fenty to be extremely approachable, and he will always happily take time to try and explain the situation at the club in greater detail, should anyone have any concerns.
For my part, whilst not accepting that any harm was ever intended, and expressing that all I have ever tried to do was to simulate a healthy debate on issues at the club, I wish to apologise for any hurt or distress caused by any clumsy attempt on my part and others, to debate my concerns on the ongoing problems at the club. During our conversation Mr Fenty asked me several times what I would do if I were in his situation – quite candidly, as things stand I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole. A sentiment, I know, that is quite often expressed by others on here.
Finally, I would also encourage all others to publicly express their apologies on here and concentrate their efforts on providing a united front in order to get the club back to where it belongs in the Football League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
November 8, 2011, 6:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Well said Bigeasy,

I have always tried to be supportive of John but after Braintree I let my frustration get the better of me,

SO

I too say, if I have caused any upset I apoligise as well,

You are in a no win situation Mr Fenty, you are called whatever you do,

BUT

I hope some sucess is coming soon and then most of the comments will be a lot more favourable.

Thank you for all your hard work and your money, please keep it up.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 83
GodHelpUs
November 8, 2011, 6:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Well done...and well done to JF for taking the time to see you. How many chairmen of football clubs would do that do you think?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 83
BIGChris
November 8, 2011, 6:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Well done bigeasy for having the balls to attend the meeting and to then post as you have.

May I ask if you are you more supportive of JF continuing to 'head' the club following your chat?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 83
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 6:30pm
Guest User
Well said bigeasy.

Not making excuses for those who should think before they type but speculation may be fuelled when the GET run a story with the headline "Sale of Blundell Park could raise £2.3m towards new stadium." ?
Reply: 4 - 83
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2011, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
So can I assume from this that we should excuse him for all the poor decisions & PR that have brought us to where we are now?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 83
TAGG
November 8, 2011, 6:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
All this bottom licking is making me sick.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 83
Informer the real one
November 8, 2011, 7:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Quoted from MuddyWaters
So can I assume from this that we should excuse him for all the poor decisions & PR that have brought us to where we are now?

When you say PR. Is this the stuff you pick apart and twist inside out and look for what isn't said rather than what is said to then go on and ridicule???????

Oh and if things are going bad we then call for something to be said and when he does he is Dammed XXXX and Dammed if  XXX. Not to mention finding the odd spelling mistake which does make some superior doesn't it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 83
My cats dreams
November 8, 2011, 7:07pm

Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
As a kitten i watched the likes of chelsea west ham man city leeds now as a older girl private i turn up for the likes of hayes and yeading disgracefull how weve fallen,money not the answer

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 83
MyDogsThoughts
November 8, 2011, 7:11pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Here we go again, even the bloody cats are at it!

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 83
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2011, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker

When you say PR. Is this the stuff you pick apart and twist inside out and look for what isn't said rather than what is said to then go on and ridicule???????

Oh and if things are going bad we then call for something to be said and when he does he is Dammed XXXX and Dammed if  XXX. Not to mention finding the odd spelling mistake which does make some superior doesn't it.

If you like.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 83
RoboCod
November 8, 2011, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Jeez, the man took time out to address something that BigEasy wrongly assumed. BigEasy is now at least happy that his assumption was wide of the mark. And within half a dozen posts it turns into a Fenty bashing free for all. Honestly, some of you have your claws so firmly into the man you are never ever going to let go, whatever happens. Disturbing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 83
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2011, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
Jeez, the man took time out to address something that BigEasy wrongly assumed. BigEasy is now at least happy that his assumption was wide of the mark. And within half a dozen posts it turns into a Fenty bashing free for all. Honestly, some of you have your claws so firmly into the man you are never ever going to let go, whatever happens. Disturbing.

Bloody cat!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 83
AndyGTFC
November 8, 2011, 7:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +774
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from thebigeasy
In addition Mr Fenty kindly detailed the financial requirements for the rest of this season and the next.

So, we do have some sort of financial plan for next season then? Well, that is a definitely a bit of positive news if true.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 83
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 7:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I guess not but as they say history is history.

The way I read it was JF is struggling to handle the criticism.
I sympathise with any "abuse" but I'm afraid you can't expect zero complaints.
If it's getting him down maybe avoiding the messageboards might be a healthy start...

Quoted from RoboCod

What are you on about ?

Please point to this "Fenty bashing free for all" you're referring to ?
Reply: 14 - 83
RoboCod
November 8, 2011, 7:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

What are you on about ?

Please point to this "Fenty bashing free for all" you're referring to ?

Oh please...anyone but you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 83
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 7:38pm
Guest User
That right, you've no answer because you're just making it all up !  
Reply: 16 - 83
rancido
November 8, 2011, 7:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Well done thebigeasy for having the balls to approach JF and meet face-to-face. It's only a shame that more of the " Fenty Bashers " on here haven't got the same strength of character.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 83
Super Clive
November 8, 2011, 7:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from thebigeasy
It has been bought to my attention that a recent thread on The Fishy attributed to myself, and the misguided frenzied debate that ensued, has caused deep distress and upset to Mr Fenty. Following his correspondence with The Fishy, I met with Mr Fenty who kindly took a great deal of time to detail the events and the facts that have been a part of his time at the club. In addition Mr Fenty kindly detailed the financial requirements for the rest of this season and the next. As such it is important that the record is put straight.

It is clear to me now that any suggestion that he may profit from the sale of Blundell Park, or indeed the club, are pure speculation and not based on fact, and as such any comments suggesting otherwise are not a fair and reasonable assumption.
On inspection of the latest accounts published by the club it is abundantly clear that the current valuation of the ground is well below the £2.3m suggested in the GET article, as it has been deprecisted to a cyurrent net book value of £1.375m. Furthermore, it has recently been valued at between £1.1m and £1.5m and as such it currently would not support the repayment of Mr Fentys loans.
In addition I have learned that there are safeguards in place, introduced during Mr Fentys chairmanship, to which all directors have agreed and sigend up to, that stipulate loans can only be repaid on the basis of affordability to the club.
Furthermore, the pension payments, which will total £650k, that have been made to Mr Fenty over the last 4 or 5 years, are in fact payments made in respect of a loan made available through Five Start Fish, made at the time of the ITV digital collapse. These repayments are being made in accordance with the agreement at the time to repay him through a pension distribution at the rate of £162,500 over the first 3 years, reducing to £50k for a further three payments with a final payment of £12,500. In no way do these payments represent any "additional" funds, or profit over and above the loans he has in the club.
In addition comments made about the new community stadium project were again based on conjecture. Within the clubs accounts (http://extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/index2.htm) omn page 27, the statement clearly defines the projects and the safeguards that will be put in place to safeguard the future of the club. There is no doubt that serious investment will be required and this will not be found without a viable business case.
During my meeting with Mr Fenty it was very clear that the underlying distrust and abuse directed at him is causing him some very real distress and concern, particularly as it is now becoming extremely vitriolic and is now extending beyond the message boards to public abuse at matches. Quite clearly, no one deserves to be treated this way, especially someone who has supported the club with huge sums of his own money.
I would also remind people that I have always found Mr Fenty to be extremely approachable, and he will always happily take time to try and explain the situation at the club in greater detail, should anyone have any concerns.
For my part, whilst not accepting that any harm was ever intended, and expressing that all I have ever tried to do was to simulate a healthy debate on issues at the club, I wish to apologise for any hurt or distress caused by any clumsy attempt on my part and others, to debate my concerns on the ongoing problems at the club. During our conversation Mr Fenty asked me several times what I would do if I were in his situation – quite candidly, as things stand I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole. A sentiment, I know, that is quite often expressed by others on here.
Finally, I would also encourage all others to publicly express their apologies on here and concentrate their efforts on providing a united front in order to get the club back to where it belongs in the Football League.

Very interesting read.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 83
shareholder
November 8, 2011, 8:07pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from thebigeasy

Got to say hats of to thebigeasy for having some Xollocks

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 83
Pongo
November 8, 2011, 8:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
What is the cunning financial plan for next season then.

Well done BIG
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 83
GrimRob
November 8, 2011, 8:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Well done and thanks for sharing that with us, and to Mr Fenty for taking the time to explain it. Hopefully it will quash the story for once and for all.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 83
cardiffmariner
November 8, 2011, 8:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,293
Gold Stars: 23
Personally, I feel that reads like someone who has been threathened with the law and has been told 'take it back, act as my mouthpiece or be sued'.  

I, like the vast majority, never believed for one minute that Fenty was about to sell off BP, sodomist off with a big wedge in his pocket and a smile on his face.  

Still, Fenty has made doubly sure that none of us are in any doubt in only the way he could and hopefully this is the end of the whole embarrassing affair.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 83
wycombemariner
November 8, 2011, 8:28pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
So the GET are next on the banned list then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 83
Ipswin
November 8, 2011, 8:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from thebigeasy

During my meeting with Mr Fenty it was very clear that the underlying distrust and abuse directed at him is causing him some very real distress and concern, particularly as it is now becoming extremely vitriolic and is now extending beyond the message boards to public abuse at matches. .
During our conversation Mr Fenty asked me several times what I would do if I were in his situation – quite candidly, as things stand I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole.

Public abuse of football club chairmen and boards is nothing new and is commonplace when clubs are doing badly and the board are to blame for a clubs plight. It comes with the territory I'm afraid and many have had a much harder time than John Fenty. Given the disasterous fall from grace of Grimsby Town FC under his leadership he has had it comparatively easy

When you were asked what you would do in his position I hope you suggested he should not stand for re-election as a director at the AGM

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 83
shareholder
November 8, 2011, 8:33pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Personally, I feel that reads like someone who has been threathened with the law and has been told 'take it back, act as my mouthpiece or be sued'.  

I, like the vast majority, never believed for one minute that Fenty was about to sell off BP, sodomist off with a big wedge in his pocket and a smile on his face.  

Still, Fenty has made doubly sure that none of us are in any doubt in only the way he could and hopefully this is the end of the whole embarrassing affair.

And maybe you have replied in only the way you could!!! you must be a member. Has he ever complained about criticism?? but when the facts are distorted can you blame him.

good on THE BIG

Fenty Out and off to the yacht.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 83
Ipswin
November 8, 2011, 8:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from thebigeasy
I met with Mr Fenty who kindly took a great deal of time to detail the events and the facts that have been a part of his time at the club.

I hope that as well as detailing them he a) tried to explain his actions and b) apologised profusely

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 83
STB
November 8, 2011, 8:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
What a strange thread.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 83
Ipswin
November 8, 2011, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from STB
What a strange thread.

It's a very strange scenario all round. Our club has slipped from the Championship to the lower reaches of the BSP, is losing money hand over fist, continues to employ poor managers and even poorer players and Fenty is shocked surprised and upset that people are p!ssed off with it in general and him in particular

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 83
barralad
November 8, 2011, 8:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Quoted from 1600

I guess not but as they say history is history.

The way I read it was JF is struggling to handle the criticism.
I sympathise with any "abuse" but I'm afraid you can't expect zero complaints.
If it's getting him down maybe avoiding the messageboards might be a healthy start...

Several times now you appear to have confused criticism with abuse. I cannot recall anyone saying that John Fenty hasn't been worthy of constructive criticism or even unconstructive criticism. Abuse at the level that it has been directed at him over a period of time is unacceptable towards any fellow human being.
I might think better of you if you actually came out and condemned abuse outright instead of sympathising with it whatever that means. However I'm not holding my breath....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 83
barralad
November 8, 2011, 8:52pm
Mariners Trust
Well done Big Easy. As others have said it cannot have been easy to put yourself in the firing line.

What a pity some of the other shall we say vociferous abusers haven't seen fit to follow your lead and issue a public apology on here.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 83
Gtfc grassroots
November 8, 2011, 8:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -15
I'm sure Mr Fenty doesn't mind being criticised for poor decisions which I agree he has made. The problem is the stupid speculation without any evidence and the personal abuse he and other people at the club have received.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 83
cardiffmariner
November 8, 2011, 9:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,293
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from shareholder

And maybe you have replied in only the way you could!!! you must be a member. Has he ever complained about criticism?? but when the facts are distorted can you blame him.

good on THE BIG

Fenty Out and off to the yacht.

Not really sure what you mean.  Just my opinion based on Fenty's initial threatof legal action and the fact Rob told us that IP addresses of those concerned had been passed on to Fenty.

Not bothered about getting into a slagging match and throwing around insults.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 83
acko338
November 8, 2011, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
2001 -I will give away roughly £2 million in a non win situation, and bankroll my football club with yearly back up funds for ten years without footballing success. I look forward to hearing from the ordinary fan as to whether I have saved the club from extinction in the meantime and got rid ofmost external supplier debt after the Digital fiasco.

2011 - Hey ho , I won't be on many fans' Xmas list, and I've given up on regaining my money !

2012 - Will I still be here ...........????? .....Damn good question that I am asking myself every day !!

Why do I love GTFC ..... ????????  Because !!

If this was your thought process ?? (And not those thoughts that perhaps could be those of someone in power ????? - Disclaimer)

If Carlsberg made Chairmen ??

Think - if anyone was so lucky to scoop up millions on the lottery, would they squander it on reviving this once proud club ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 83
Grim up north
November 8, 2011, 9:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
I have never met John but know his brother Steve and have been in the same queue as him paying for his match ticket- I know that John has spent not only vast amounts of money but vast amounts of time at the club doing jobs to save the club money well into the night .When he appointed Newell I couldnt believe we had got a manager of his stature to a club like ours - little did we know it was not the move to take us forward. He is a fan the same as the rest of us - the only differance being he is willing to put a lot more money towns way than I would ever do in his position which is why I struggle to get my head round any of the "anti Fenty " brigade.. Wake up folks - John cannot kick the ball himself and Roman is not waiting to takeover.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 83
Grantham_Mariner
November 8, 2011, 9:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from acko338
Think - if anyone was so lucky to scoop up millions on the lottery, would they squander it on reviving this once proud club ??

Yes, but I would have to clear it with the Mrs  

Sat next to John at Winterton pre season, I said to him then "I thought the first time I would be sat next to you at a match was if I won the lottery, or when you had spent all your money."

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 83
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 9:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
I cannot recall anyone saying that John Fenty hasn't been worthy of constructive criticism or even unconstructive criticism. Abuse at the level that it has been directed at him over a period of time is unacceptable towards any fellow human being.
I might think better of you if you actually came out and condemned abuse outright instead of sympathising with it whatever that means. However I'm not holding my breath....

I've never confused anything at all - you have.

I meant "I sympathise with any abuse he has recieived" but it doesn't mean I think people should be stopped from having their free speech.

How would you define "abuse" exactly ?
"Abuse at the level it has been directed at him" shows you can't ?

Just like swearing I don't encourage "abuse" but I certainly wouldn't want anything(except racism maybe) banned on subjective grounds within a supposedly free society.

Would you like it to be defined as loosely as possible where Fenty is concerned so any little bit of criticism is eventually labelled as "abuse" ?
If you are so anti-abuse (and there's arguably plenty of it on here), then why aren't you on a moral crusade ?

I've heard the argument "when someone takes offence it becomes an issue" - bullshit !
Let THEM grow a pair of b0llocks for a change and deal with the real world instead.
I can take offence myself but it doesn't mean I whip up a storm like a big girl.

If Fenty doesn't like being called nasty names, then whilst it's unfortunate and regrettable if people decide to do it, I'm afraid it's tough titty.

As they say if you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Reply: 36 - 83
sonik
November 8, 2011, 10:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Quoted from 1600

I meant "I sympathise with any abuse he has recieived" but it doesn't mean I think people should be stopped from having their free speech.

Just like swearing I don't encourage "abuse" but I certainly wouldn't want anything(except racism maybe) banned on subjective grounds within a supposedly free society.

Would you like it to be defined as loosely as possible where Fenty is concerned so any little bit of criticism is eventually labelled as "abuse" ?
If you are so anti-abuse (and there's arguably plenty of it on here), then why aren't you on a moral crusade ?

I've heard the argument "when someone takes offence it becomes an issue" - bullshit !
Let THEM grow a pair of b0llocks for a change and deal with the real world instead.
I can take offence myself but it doesn't mean I whip up a storm like a big girl.

If Fenty doesn't like being called nasty names, then whilst it's unfortunate and regrettable if people decide to do it, I'm afraid it's tough titty.

It's nothing to do with name calling for gods sake. You of all posters should by now what he's objecting to. OMG!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 83
pleasegoup
November 8, 2011, 10:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
its easy to say if you dont like the heat get out of the kitchen, when you are lounging in the living room watching the telly expecting your dinner to appear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 83
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 10:16pm
Guest User
Yes of course I know what he's objecting to.

But I was replying in response to barralad's quote:
Quoted from barralad
Abuse at the level that it has been directed at him over a period of time is unacceptable towards any fellow human being.

Reply: 39 - 83
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 8, 2011, 10:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
I don't hold with the argument that we shouldn't criticise JF because he is a fan at heart and has piled loads of his own money into the club.  He took the decisions. He should take the criticism.

Also its a bit rich to argue "don't pesh him off now because we won't survive without him" when he got us into this mess in the first place and, coupled with Mike Parker, made commitments to meet a certain budget at the start of the season. It all feels like a loaded gun is being held to our heads.

A few years ago JF pressed for a special resolution that allowed him a controlling interest without having to buy out remaining minority shareholders. He was willing to make such a big investment in the club but he wanted the final say.  The argument went that so long as he didn't have to pay for more than 51% of the shares he would have more money to help the club with. Fair enough maybe. But if you want to take all the decisions then you have to take the flak for it.

Personal abuse is another matter. It's not right. But you have to remember it's sometimes a sympton of frustration that people feel when they have no power to influence things.  One alternative is to not care and stop supporting Town. The solution is to stop excluding the ordinary supporters from having a real say in things (despite owning more shares than most directors) becuase they can't offer the finanical guarantees the directors have to make. And incidentally this business of guaranteeing the debt of the club has led us into overspending in the first place!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 83
barralad
November 8, 2011, 10:22pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

What have I confused exactly?

If you are still in doubt about what constitutes abuse I suggest that you re-read the posts from your bosom buddy "Super Clive" in the various anti-Fenty threads which have proliferated over the past week or so. He's not alone.

Freedom of speech comes as a package with a level of self-responsibility and even self regulation. There is something fundamentally wrong with a society that finds it permissible to hurl vitriolic abuse at a fellow human being.
I've heard the "bullshit" argument against "When someone takes offence it becomes an issue" quite a lot in my work life usually to justify racist behaviour. You suggest that you wouldn't condone racism but then seem unable to understand that abusing people is the same sort of thing? Very strange.
My definition of what constitutes the real world clearly differs from yours and I thank God for that.

I've dealt with your insistence of the existence of pro-and anti- Fenty "lobbies" elsewhere.  There are very, very few people who think John Fenty is beyond any form of criticism. I am certainly not one of them and enjoy the debate about the areas where Mr Fenty could have done better. As for a moral crusade-(whatever that sound bite means...) I am not in the least bit surprised that in your overwhelming desire to be seen as "One of the lads" you choose to mock those who object to the sustained use of very personal abuse against Mr Fenty.

As for behaving like a big girl I could have sworn I've read a post very recently from you stating that you were thinking of boycotting a game because of something someone has posted on here?! Pot, kettle comes to mind. Come to think of it it isn't the first time you've chosen to use the ultimate weapon  

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 83
thebigeasy
November 8, 2011, 10:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text

For the sake of good order that is totally untrue - and hopefully Rob will confirm part of this.
When I read Robs post and the message he received from JF on here, I contacted Rob immediately to check to see if I was one of those who had caused offence - as it turned out I had. No one contacted me or threatened me.
I then contacted JF, who I have had email conversations with in the past, explained my situation and said I would like to take up a previous offer he had made to meet him. JF agreed and I met him at his home on Sunday evening which was mutually convenient to us both. I arrived just after 6.30pm and was met by JF. The conversation we had was friendly and JF shared with me many pieces of information relating to his involvement with the club, including financial issues, managerial appointments and sackings, and board room problems. He also expressed his revulsion at the recent posts and suggestions on the Fishy. We discussed the football club at length and I left at just before midnight.
On my journey home I considered what had been said and had made my mind up before I got home the correct course of action would be to post an apology on The Fishy. Yes, JF saw the initial draft of my post and yes he did ask for a few things to be added. You have read the post - and I am happy with what I have said. They are my words, no one elses.
Everyone knows I am very unhappy with what has happened over recent years, and I can honestly say I didn't agree with JF on everything we discussed. But, in this situation I was wrong and I am happy to admit it. Those who have questioned his motives since, should do the same.
I will continue to be critical of the running of the club if it is what I believe, and JF quite candidly said he understood the criticism even if it was distressing. But as I said in my apology my suppositions were wrong and that caused a great deal of angst. I didn't set out to do this (and never have) and as such the record needed putting straight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 83
Grim up north
November 8, 2011, 10:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
A good read Big easy and fair play to John.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 83
thebigeasy
November 8, 2011, 10:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
Just my opinion based on Fenty's initial threatof legal action and the fact Rob told us that IP addresses of those concerned had been passed on to Fenty.

Again totally untrue - for the record it is very easy to evade any capture by use of an IP address. If that is what I had intended I would have done it.

If I am wrong I will stand corrected - that is what happened. Also as a result I am also a lot wiser about events at GTFC over the last 10 years, including recent months!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 83
My cats dreams
November 8, 2011, 10:42pm

Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Did u ask him if he regretted saying i wont devalue the product,that in its self should have taken a few hours to clear up. I roam the alleys near bp but sady my fellow felines have cleared off,i would ask fenty how do we get those cats back

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 83
malkamalka
November 8, 2011, 10:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from thebigeasy

Yes, JF saw the initial draft of my post and yes he did ask for a few things to be added.

No, this can't be happening. Maybe we should all submit our postings to Mr. Fenty for his approval before posting them on the Board.

People keep referring to John Fenty as "Chairman" which he isn't!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 83
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 10:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

What have I confused exactly?

If you are still in doubt about what constitutes abuse I suggest that you re-read the posts from your bosom buddy "Super Clive" in the various anti-Fenty threads which have proliferated over the past week or so. He's not alone.

Freedom of speech comes as a package with a level of self-responsibility and even self regulation. There is something fundamentally wrong with a society that finds it permissible to hurl vitriolic abuse at a fellow human being.
I've heard the "bullshit" argument against "When someone takes offence it becomes an issue" quite a lot in my work life usually to justify racist behaviour. You suggest that you wouldn't condone racism but then seem unable to understand that abusing people is the same sort of thing? Very strange.
My definition of what constitutes the real world clearly differs from yours and I thank God for that.

I've dealt with your insistence of the existence of pro-and anti- Fenty "lobbies" elsewhere.  There are very, very few people who think John Fenty is beyond any form of criticism. I am certainly not one of them and enjoy the debate about the areas where Mr Fenty could have done better. As for a moral crusade-(whatever that sound bite means...) I am not in the least bit surprised that in your overwhelming desire to be seen as "One of the lads" you choose to mock those who object to the sustained use of very personal abuse against Mr Fenty.

As for behaving like a big girl I could have sworn I've read a post very recently from you stating that you were thinking of boycotting a game because of something someone has posted on here?! Pot, kettle comes to mind. Come to think of it it isn't the first time you've chosen to use the ultimate weapon  

I thought you had confused me sympathizing with abuse when I was sympathizing with JF for the abuse he's received.

The fact I may agree with Super Clive on some things doesn't mean we're "bosom buddies" or I think he's always right to voice his opinion in the way he does.

I'll be honest - I think e.g. voiceofreason speaks a lot of sense, but even I get can annoyed at the way he (and others) seem far too keen to let rip any chance he gets.

But that's the price of freedom we all enjoy.  
If I were to object to people saying what they wanted, I'd be objecting to free speech and I can't and won't do that !

Maybe instead I should try to "persude" these people to have a less serious outlook, but when they're demonized left right and centre by others who have no desire to build bridges with them or to stop moaning and arguing themselves, then I don't because I fear the issue is more than people trying to reach common ground as one big happy family of GTFC supporters pulling in the same direction.

As for your "self-responsibility" argument I would agree but that's the point, it's ultimately up to THEM to do what they think is right.
Not to simply act in accordance with subjective opinions of the moral majority about right and wrong.
Reply: 47 - 83
forza ivano
November 9, 2011, 9:46am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,134
Gold Stars: 265
I despair of this club sometimes - I pity JF, Dave Otter, Emma Gillingham, pseudonym and anyone else who volunteers or tries to do anything positive for this club. JF spends 5 hours of his Sunday night talking through the plight of the club with just a normal fan and the pathetic criticism continues.Do you lot find it impossible to give him any sort of credit whatsoever? how many chairmen of professional football clubs would do that?
and just one question which all of you Fenty haters spectacularly fail to answer is this;if fenty and/or parker walk away exactly WHO is coming in to save our club? Are you 80s glory? are you big clive? are you tagg?are you my cats dreams? no , you feckin ain't are you? as usual you'll sit on your backsides and just keep moaning and bitching. you're just like the lads in the lower smiths who took advantage of one of the super cheap entrance deals and then spent the half time break berating fenty to his face because one of the bars wasn't open!
perhaps if you're not going to do anything positive you could at least illuminate us as to how, if fenty and parker walk away the club will be run and by whom? i await with baited breath your business plans and financial projections..........

ps bigeasy - have only very rarely agreed with your posts but big respect to you for doing and posting that.very interesting and you deserve your new plus point- lol!

pps - 5 hours in the same house as mrs fenty and the delightful daughter - a lot of town fans will be very very jealous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 83
RoboCod
November 9, 2011, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
I despair of this club sometimes - I pity JF, Dave Otter, Emma Gillingham, pseudonym and anyone else who volunteers or tries to do anything positive for this club. JF spends 5 hours of his Sunday night talking through the plight of the club with just a normal fan and the pathetic criticism continues.Do you lot find it impossible to give him any sort of credit whatsoever? how many chairmen of professional football clubs would do that?
and just one question which all of you Fenty haters spectacularly fail to answer is this;if fenty and/or parker walk away exactly WHO is coming in to save our club? Are you 80s glory? are you big clive? are you tagg?are you my cats dreams?

Buh..buh...but there was no Fenty-bashing
"What are you on about ?
Please point to this "Fenty bashing free for all" you're referring to ?" says 80's  

Good post. It doesn't take a Fenty fan to appreciate he went to extra lengths to chat to a fan about his concerns. He may not be credited with much else at the moment but that is something I can admire him for.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 83
thebigeasy
November 9, 2011, 10:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
No, this can't be happening. Maybe we should all submit our postings to Mr. Fenty for his approval before posting them on the Board.

Oh for goodness sake - I wanted JF to look at the draft first. It was the right thing to do. I didn't have to, and he didn't insist I did. The things that were added were just additional details. They are my words and I'm happy with them.
Am I still crtitical of what has happened and where we are. I am however, better informed now, and want to make sure we have learned from those mistakes and don't make them again. I have never doubted that anyone at the club has done anything other than their best, including JF, but for whatever reason (& I have my own thoughts on that) it hasn't worked.
The question is where do we go from here and how the hell do we make sure that we are now at rock bottom and the only way is up. JF shared with me the financial projections that have been put together for the next year, and the basis on which they were calculated. I disagreed with the basis for those projections and JF asked me for my thoughts which I gave.
The club needs some new ideas, some new energy and some renewed enthusiasm, and a ship load of help. Whether you are critical of what has happened (just like me) or totally supportive, I suggest that the one way everyone can pull together is through the Trust. JF did indicate that if the Trust can prove itself, then it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they could have a seat on the board. His main concern is that the person elected by the Trust to sit on the board could and would become "disconnected" from the Trust members and become another figure of hate - And I have to say I agree with those concerns.
Don't underestimate the potential influence of the Trust - and remember, if the Trust joins the board then the majority of the shares are back in the boardroom!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 83
Ipswin
November 9, 2011, 11:25am
Vodka Drinker
I the five hours of pouring his heart out no mention appears  to have been made of the inside details of the Fenty / Parker scenario.

Did Fenty avoid it? Was he not asked? Was he asked but didn't reply? Did he answer but ask that it not be publicised?

How can Fenty protest that he is misunderstood / criticised / abused etc when huge question marks are always left?

Many chairmen / leading directors have received far more abuse than Fenty over the years - crowds far in excess of those at BP chanting to a man for the removal of their club's board and worse. At least the decline in attendances due to Fenty's stewardship has meant a smaller number of fans to abuse him on matchdays. A few snotty nosed kids on the car park behind the Findus who he was easily able to sweet talk is so far the extent of any mass protest / show of dissent against him.

Private Message
Reply: 51 - 83
cmackenzie4
November 9, 2011, 11:32am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Quoted from thebigeasy

Excellent post  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 83
grimsby pete
November 9, 2011, 11:34am

Exile
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Excellent post  

Icey post of the month even.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 83
psgmariner
November 9, 2011, 11:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Quoted from Ipswin
I the five hours of pouring his heart out no mention appears  to have been made of the inside details of the Fenty / Parker scenario.

Did Fenty avoid it? Was he not asked? Was he asked but didn't reply? Did he answer but ask that it not be publicised?

How can Fenty protest that he is misunderstood / criticised / abused etc when huge question marks are always left?

Many chairmen / leading directors have received far more abuse than Fenty over the years - crowds far in excess of those at BP chanting to a man for the removal of their club's board and worse. At least the decline in attendances due to Fenty's stewardship has meant a smaller number of fans to abuse him on matchdays. A few snotty nosed kids on the car park behind the Findus who he was easily able to sweet talk is so far the extent of any mass protest / show of dissent against him.

Don't you get bored of being so negative all of the time?

Private Message
Reply: 54 - 83
Ipswin
November 9, 2011, 11:46am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

Don't you get bored of being so negative all of the time?

At risk of appearing negative - no

I take it you are perfectly happy with the state and league position of Grimsby Town FC?

(are you John Fenty's lovechild?)

Private Message
Reply: 55 - 83
psgmariner
November 9, 2011, 11:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Quoted from Ipswin

At risk of appearing negative - no

I take it you are perfectly happy with the state and league position of Grimsby Town FC?

(are you John Fenty's lovechild?)

Thought not. Try to do something positive then.

No. Why on earth would you think that?

Don't think so. But will check with my mum.

Private Message
Reply: 56 - 83
Super Clive
November 9, 2011, 11:53am
Vodka Drinker
Good of fenty to spend 5 hours chatting to a fan of course it is big respect to him for that its the least he can do and know I haven't got any cash to save the club but what I would like is a plan for the future what ever that may be  and no not talk of moving grounds because that is impossible to achieve in this climate its another false hope that won't happen in uif next 5 years I would like fenty to come out with a plan that's achievable  and clever that will get up out of this mess or at least give me some confidence in his ability to run the club, he's a clever man you don't make millions by being a imbecile the's no doubting that, the personal aause he has received from me and others has been quite frankly disgusting I'm not proud of that and I apologise, I'm just ashamed of my club livid even although that doesn't give me the right to throw personal abuse at jf or the gtfc board I feel they deserve criticism but not the personal abuse that I and other have bashed out which was out of order and I accept that, all we want is to pulltin the right direction and abusing john was not the route to go down to achieve that. We all love this club and I feel totally hopeless at the moment while I see the club sink lower and lower all I want to see is what he has planned to get up out of this mess I suppose we will get answers at the agm sorry for spelling and  that put typed on my touch screen and its a reet challenge
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 83
pier39
November 9, 2011, 12:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +0 / -3
we need fentys dollar but we need him to realise he cant go on making the key decisions,if he can come to terms with that and employ a adam pearson type character on a lower level i admit we perhaps could go forward and turn things around if not i expect the club to go even lower.on the big easy meet nice to see projections being explained but id like to know how john and mike are going to work together for the good of the club rather than there personal dislike of each other
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 83
Ipswin
November 9, 2011, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

Thought not. Try to do something positive then.

No. Why on earth would you think that?

Don't think so. But will check with my mum.

1) You're right - I'll get my bottom up to the AGM and vote against Fenty being re-elected as a director
2) Sorry it must the those rose-tinted spectacles you always use which makes it appear that you immediately accuse anyone who tells it as it is or expresses a concern of being negative
3) I hope she clips your ear

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 83
thebigeasy
November 9, 2011, 12:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
the five hours of pouring his heart out no mention appears  to have been made of the inside details of the Fenty / Parker scenario.

FYI - yes we did speak in detail about the MP scenario. He happily asked any questions and went through the whole situation in detail. JF avioded nothing and said I could relay anything he had said.
At no point did I get the feeling he was holding anything back.

He spoke freely about MP, the previous boards, the time when Bill Carr and his board were removed, managers and his relationship with them, why they left or were sacked, the cost of changing managers, players past and present, Russell Slade, finances, Allan  Buckley (he says his only bug regret on the managers front was to release AB when they did. he said they should have given him more time, and also, Heywood and a couple of others were Watkiss's choice not Allans!).

To reiterate - NOTHING WAS OFF LIMITS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 83
thebigeasy
November 9, 2011, 12:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
but id like to know how john and mike are going to work together for the good of the club rather than there personal dislike of each other

JF is trying hard to contact MP to find a way forward. JF still doesn't entirely understand MP's reasons for walking away. MP is not responding to JF. So make of that what you will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 83
thebigeasy
November 9, 2011, 1:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
I'd like to make a few things clear about all this and stop the cynisism -

Am I still angry about what has happened the club - most definately
Was I misguided and were my assumptions wrong in my post - most definately Yes. I am now better informed and that is why I apologised on here.
Do I think there are still huge problems - most definately yes
Do I think MP will return - doubt it at the minute but his situation is not clear.
Do I now absolve JF of all blame for what has happened - no.
Am I more or less worried about the club than I was before the meeting - probably a bit more worried
Do I think the managers sghould be sacked - there is no point at the minute. There are bigger issues to deal with off the field.
Do I think The Trust has a role to play in the clubs future - A resounding YES. No disrespect to anyone but the Trust needs some professional people from all walks of business to come forward and devote their time and ideas to the Trust and the club.
And finally, have I had a lobotomy and become JF's lap dog - most definitely not... I think  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 83
RonMariner
November 9, 2011, 1:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,006
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from thebigeasy

he says his only bug regret on the managers front was to release AB when they did. he said they should have given him more time

I realise it is not likely to happen, but I'd have him straight back in charge if he would come back. This is probably a better squad than he had when he got us to Wembley last time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 83
forza ivano
November 9, 2011, 1:56pm

Exile
but the Trust needs some professional people from all walks of business to come forward and devote their time and ideas to the Trust and the club.

This is an interesting and quite vital point. I know from my experience of running It's a grim Exile many moons ago that there are an awful lot of highly qualified Town fans out there who have a great deal of expertise between them. I've always thought it a great shame that it has never been possible to somehow allow their skills and love of the club to be used for the benfit of the club. Off the top of my head I can remember that there were doctors, architects, solicitors, planning professionals, councillors, PR people, people who worked in the hospitality, catering and entertainments sectors amongst others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 83
thebigeasy
November 9, 2011, 2:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
I know from my experience of running It's a grim Exile many moons ago that there are an awful lot of highly qualified Town fans out there who have a great deal of expertise between them. I've always thought it a great shame that it has never been possible to somehow allow their skills and love of the club to be used for the benfit of the club. Off the top of my head I can remember that there were doctors, architects, solicitors, planning professionals, councillors, PR people, people who worked in the hospitality, catering and entertainments sectors amongst others.

Just out of interest, are you a member of the Trust?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 83
Squarkus
November 9, 2011, 2:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
I dont think for one minute fenty would want to change anyones views, but i no when i have spoken to him he is very factual and correct about alot of the things, but does like a debate, i just wish people would wake up and smell the coffee, he has always been here for the long term and im sure he feels there is unfinnished business, any business man/woman know,s if you inherit something that is broken it takes a long time to fix it, if at all it is fixable, there is not in my humble appinion a business man in this town who could acheive and personally fund something that is never going to give you a return financialy, but totaly devoted to put something back into the town where he gained his wealth, i like 99% of people would be somewhere sunny and think ive done my bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 83
upthestripes
November 9, 2011, 2:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.40
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Bigeasy, can I ask what he said about Slade, about Cardiff and the contract talks?
Appreciate you answering questions, cheers.
And massive respect to you for having the balls and the willingness to find things out for yourself.

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 83
80sglory
November 9, 2011, 2:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from thebigeasy
Heywood and a couple of others were Watkiss's choice not Allans!

Wow !
Was Richard Hope one of the others ?
Reply: 68 - 83
pleasegoup
November 9, 2011, 3:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
dario gradi is 70 and still managing crewe

buckley is 60

i can but dream.

seriously though, the man deserves a role at the club. even if its only director of youth you can guarantee he would do well. in all 3 spells he brought through players. mcdermott, croft, handyside, butterfield, bennett to name a few.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 83
Squarkus
November 9, 2011, 3:18pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
its a totaly differant type of youth modern day, that he is use to, he would end up killing somone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 83
forza ivano
November 9, 2011, 4:45pm

Exile
Quoted from thebigeasy

Just out of interest, are you a member of the Trust?

yes - life member. and would urge all fans to join up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 83
sonik
November 9, 2011, 4:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

yes - life member. and would urge all fans to join up

Well done Forza.  I will echo those sentiments. Join the Trust and try make a difference. UTM!

Private Message
Reply: 72 - 83
Super Clive
November 9, 2011, 4:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from sonik

Well done Forza.  I will echo those sentiments. Join the Trust and try make a difference. UTM!

I Don't know if you have seen it or not Sonik but I would like you to read my PM that I have sent you.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 83
sonik
November 9, 2011, 5:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Super Clive

I Don't know if you have seen it or not Sonik but I would like you to read my PM that I have sent you.

Done and replied Clive!

Private Message
Reply: 74 - 83
DJ Mera
November 9, 2011, 5:13pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +18 / 0
Quoted from forza ivano
and just one question which all of you Fenty haters spectacularly fail to answer is this;if fenty and/or parker walk away exactly WHO is coming in to save our club? Are you 80s glory? are you big clive? are you tagg?are you my cats dreams? no , you feckin ain't are you? as usual you'll sit on your backsides and just keep moaning and bitching. you're just like the lads in the lower smiths who took advantage of one of the super cheap entrance deals and then spent the half time break berating fenty to his face because one of the bars wasn't open!
perhaps if you're not going to do anything positive you could at least illuminate us as to how, if fenty and parker walk away the club will be run and by whom? i await with baited breath your business plans and financial projections..........

ps bigeasy - have only very rarely agreed with your posts but big respect to you for doing and posting that.very interesting and you deserve your new plus point- lol!

pps - 5 hours in the same house as mrs fenty and the delightful daughter - a lot of town fans will be very very jealous

Great Post Mate - I'm only visiting this site maybe once a week now as I am finding some of the posters to depressing but your post is refreshing to say the least. (Loved the pps   )

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 83
80sglory
November 9, 2011, 5:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
and just one question which all of you Fenty haters spectacularly fail to answer is this;if fenty and/or parker walk away exactly WHO is coming in to save our club? Are you 80s glory?

No idea why you're asking me, I've never said I want JF to walk away and take his cash with him.

Just because people think the club needs a new face or someone else to help make the decisions it doesn't mean we're "Fenty haters" as you so love to say.

Best thing JF could do IMO would be to get someone with some footballing knowledge to become DOR or to give a 2nd opinion from the outside.

Reply: 76 - 83
Grim up north
November 9, 2011, 9:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from DJ Mera

Great Post Mate - I'm only visiting this site maybe once a week now as I am finding some of the posters to depressing but your post is refreshing to say the least. (Loved the pps   )

Just what I was thinking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 83
grimsby pete
November 12, 2011, 12:09pm

Exile
Quoted from thebigeasy

ICEY POST OT THE MONTH

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 83
RoboCod
November 12, 2011, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

ICEY POST OT THE MONTH

Seconded. POTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 83
cmackenzie4
November 12, 2011, 4:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Quoted from RoboCod

Seconded. POTM

me too. POTM

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 83
Garth
November 12, 2011, 7:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Me to POTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 83
DavidB
November 12, 2011, 9:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
I'd just like to say that I think there's several people who deserve a lot of credit for how they've handled things over the past few days:
- Rob for the way he's dealt with the issue of some posters who in their frustration strayed into personal abuse territory, and the consequent complaint from John Fenty (perhaps the JF e-mail was somewhat heavy, but arguably was influenced too by frustration)
- thebigeasy, for having the moral courage to approach JF and deal with the matter person-to-person, and then to post a public apology (and what a great conversation you seem to have had, I'm quite envious )
- ditto Super Clive (and others whose posts I might have missed), for also apologising
- and also John Fenty, for spending the time with thebigeasy discussing things, a conversation which seems to have been very open and honest  - and it's encouraging to hear that John has acknowledged some mistakes and regrets (particularly about AB! )

From a situation a week ago that was on the verge of becoming very nasty, the actions of the people above have helped restore the tone of this message board to something that is much more reasonable, whilst still enabling a wide range of views including criticism - thanks guys!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 83
dapperz fun pub
November 13, 2011, 11:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from DavidB
I'd just like to say that I think there's several people who deserve a lot of credit for how they've handled things over the past few days:
- Rob for the way he's dealt with the issue of some posters who in their frustration strayed into personal abuse territory, and the consequent complaint from John Fenty (perhaps the JF e-mail was somewhat heavy, but arguably was influenced too by frustration)
- thebigeasy, for having the moral courage to approach JF and deal with the matter person-to-person, and then to post a public apology (and what a great conversation you seem to have had, I'm quite envious )
- ditto Super Clive (and others whose posts I might have missed), for also apologising
- and also John Fenty, for spending the time with thebigeasy discussing things, a conversation which seems to have been very open and honest  - and it's encouraging to hear that John has acknowledged some mistakes and regrets (particularly about AB! )

From a situation a week ago that was on the verge of becoming very nasty, the actions of the people above have helped restore the tone of this message board to something that is much more reasonable, whilst still enabling a wide range of views including criticism - thanks guys!

fenty was good in having a meeting with the poster whos original fears appear now to have subsided BUT  can fenty now expand that conversation to the masses and explain the parker issue in more detail publicly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 83
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Apology to JF

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.