9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
November 8, 2011, 8:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Well done Big Easy. As others have said it cannot have been easy to put yourself in the firing line.

What a pity some of the other shall we say vociferous abusers haven't seen fit to follow your lead and issue a public apology on here.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 83
Gtfc grassroots
November 8, 2011, 8:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -15
I'm sure Mr Fenty doesn't mind being criticised for poor decisions which I agree he has made. The problem is the stupid speculation without any evidence and the personal abuse he and other people at the club have received.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 83
cardiffmariner
November 8, 2011, 9:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,307
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from shareholder

And maybe you have replied in only the way you could!!! you must be a member. Has he ever complained about criticism?? but when the facts are distorted can you blame him.

good on THE BIG

Fenty Out and off to the yacht.

Not really sure what you mean.  Just my opinion based on Fenty's initial threatof legal action and the fact Rob told us that IP addresses of those concerned had been passed on to Fenty.

Not bothered about getting into a slagging match and throwing around insults.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 83
acko338
November 8, 2011, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
2001 -I will give away roughly £2 million in a non win situation, and bankroll my football club with yearly back up funds for ten years without footballing success. I look forward to hearing from the ordinary fan as to whether I have saved the club from extinction in the meantime and got rid ofmost external supplier debt after the Digital fiasco.

2011 - Hey ho , I won't be on many fans' Xmas list, and I've given up on regaining my money !

2012 - Will I still be here ...........????? .....Damn good question that I am asking myself every day !!

Why do I love GTFC ..... ????????  Because !!

If this was your thought process ?? (And not those thoughts that perhaps could be those of someone in power ????? - Disclaimer)

If Carlsberg made Chairmen ??

Think - if anyone was so lucky to scoop up millions on the lottery, would they squander it on reviving this once proud club ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 83
Grim up north
November 8, 2011, 9:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
I have never met John but know his brother Steve and have been in the same queue as him paying for his match ticket- I know that John has spent not only vast amounts of money but vast amounts of time at the club doing jobs to save the club money well into the night .When he appointed Newell I couldnt believe we had got a manager of his stature to a club like ours - little did we know it was not the move to take us forward. He is a fan the same as the rest of us - the only differance being he is willing to put a lot more money towns way than I would ever do in his position which is why I struggle to get my head round any of the "anti Fenty " brigade.. Wake up folks - John cannot kick the ball himself and Roman is not waiting to takeover.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 83
Grantham_Mariner
November 8, 2011, 9:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,170
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from acko338
Think - if anyone was so lucky to scoop up millions on the lottery, would they squander it on reviving this once proud club ??

Yes, but I would have to clear it with the Mrs  

Sat next to John at Winterton pre season, I said to him then "I thought the first time I would be sat next to you at a match was if I won the lottery, or when you had spent all your money."

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 83
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 9:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
I cannot recall anyone saying that John Fenty hasn't been worthy of constructive criticism or even unconstructive criticism. Abuse at the level that it has been directed at him over a period of time is unacceptable towards any fellow human being.
I might think better of you if you actually came out and condemned abuse outright instead of sympathising with it whatever that means. However I'm not holding my breath....

I've never confused anything at all - you have.

I meant "I sympathise with any abuse he has recieived" but it doesn't mean I think people should be stopped from having their free speech.

How would you define "abuse" exactly ?
"Abuse at the level it has been directed at him" shows you can't ?

Just like swearing I don't encourage "abuse" but I certainly wouldn't want anything(except racism maybe) banned on subjective grounds within a supposedly free society.

Would you like it to be defined as loosely as possible where Fenty is concerned so any little bit of criticism is eventually labelled as "abuse" ?
If you are so anti-abuse (and there's arguably plenty of it on here), then why aren't you on a moral crusade ?

I've heard the argument "when someone takes offence it becomes an issue" - bullshit !
Let THEM grow a pair of b0llocks for a change and deal with the real world instead.
I can take offence myself but it doesn't mean I whip up a storm like a big girl.

If Fenty doesn't like being called nasty names, then whilst it's unfortunate and regrettable if people decide to do it, I'm afraid it's tough titty.

As they say if you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Reply: 36 - 83
sonik
November 8, 2011, 10:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1600

I've never confused anything at all - you have.

I meant "I sympathise with any abuse he has recieived" but it doesn't mean I think people should be stopped from having their free speech.

How would you define "abuse" exactly ?
"Abuse at the level it has been directed at him" shows you can't ?

Just like swearing I don't encourage "abuse" but I certainly wouldn't want anything(except racism maybe) banned on subjective grounds within a supposedly free society.

Would you like it to be defined as loosely as possible where Fenty is concerned so any little bit of criticism is eventually labelled as "abuse" ?
If you are so anti-abuse (and there's arguably plenty of it on here), then why aren't you on a moral crusade ?

I've heard the argument "when someone takes offence it becomes an issue" - bullshit !
Let THEM grow a pair of b0llocks for a change and deal with the real world instead.
I can take offence myself but it doesn't mean I whip up a storm like a big girl.

If Fenty doesn't like being called nasty names, then whilst it's unfortunate and regrettable if people decide to do it, I'm afraid it's tough titty.

As they say if you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen.

It's nothing to do with name calling for gods sake. You of all posters should by now what he's objecting to. OMG!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 83
pleasegoup
November 8, 2011, 10:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
its easy to say if you dont like the heat get out of the kitchen, when you are lounging in the living room watching the telly expecting your dinner to appear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 83
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 10:16pm
Guest User
Yes of course I know what he's objecting to.

But I was replying in response to barralad's quote:
Quoted from barralad
Abuse at the level that it has been directed at him over a period of time is unacceptable towards any fellow human being.

Reply: 39 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Apology to JF

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.