Apology to JF

This thread currently has 18,138 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Pongo
November 8, 2011, 8:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
What is the cunning financial plan for next season then.

Well done BIG
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 83
GrimRob
November 8, 2011, 8:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Well done and thanks for sharing that with us, and to Mr Fenty for taking the time to explain it. Hopefully it will quash the story for once and for all.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 83
cardiffmariner
November 8, 2011, 8:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,309
Gold Stars: 24
Personally, I feel that reads like someone who has been threathened with the law and has been told 'take it back, act as my mouthpiece or be sued'.  

I, like the vast majority, never believed for one minute that Fenty was about to sell off BP, sodomist off with a big wedge in his pocket and a smile on his face.  

Still, Fenty has made doubly sure that none of us are in any doubt in only the way he could and hopefully this is the end of the whole embarrassing affair.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 83
wycombemariner
November 8, 2011, 8:28pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
So the GET are next on the banned list then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 83
Ipswin
November 8, 2011, 8:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from thebigeasy

During my meeting with Mr Fenty it was very clear that the underlying distrust and abuse directed at him is causing him some very real distress and concern, particularly as it is now becoming extremely vitriolic and is now extending beyond the message boards to public abuse at matches. .
During our conversation Mr Fenty asked me several times what I would do if I were in his situation – quite candidly, as things stand I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole.

Public abuse of football club chairmen and boards is nothing new and is commonplace when clubs are doing badly and the board are to blame for a clubs plight. It comes with the territory I'm afraid and many have had a much harder time than John Fenty. Given the disasterous fall from grace of Grimsby Town FC under his leadership he has had it comparatively easy

When you were asked what you would do in his position I hope you suggested he should not stand for re-election as a director at the AGM

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 83
shareholder
November 8, 2011, 8:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Personally, I feel that reads like someone who has been threathened with the law and has been told 'take it back, act as my mouthpiece or be sued'.  

I, like the vast majority, never believed for one minute that Fenty was about to sell off BP, sodomist off with a big wedge in his pocket and a smile on his face.  

Still, Fenty has made doubly sure that none of us are in any doubt in only the way he could and hopefully this is the end of the whole embarrassing affair.

And maybe you have replied in only the way you could!!! you must be a member. Has he ever complained about criticism?? but when the facts are distorted can you blame him.

good on THE BIG

Fenty Out and off to the yacht.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 83
Ipswin
November 8, 2011, 8:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from thebigeasy
I met with Mr Fenty who kindly took a great deal of time to detail the events and the facts that have been a part of his time at the club.

I hope that as well as detailing them he a) tried to explain his actions and b) apologised profusely

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 83
STB
November 8, 2011, 8:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
What a strange thread.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 83
Ipswin
November 8, 2011, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from STB
What a strange thread.

It's a very strange scenario all round. Our club has slipped from the Championship to the lower reaches of the BSP, is losing money hand over fist, continues to employ poor managers and even poorer players and Fenty is shocked surprised and upset that people are p!ssed off with it in general and him in particular

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 83
barralad
November 8, 2011, 8:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 1600

I guess not but as they say history is history.

The way I read it was JF is struggling to handle the criticism.
I sympathise with any "abuse" but I'm afraid you can't expect zero complaints.
If it's getting him down maybe avoiding the messageboards might be a healthy start...

Several times now you appear to have confused criticism with abuse. I cannot recall anyone saying that John Fenty hasn't been worthy of constructive criticism or even unconstructive criticism. Abuse at the level that it has been directed at him over a period of time is unacceptable towards any fellow human being.
I might think better of you if you actually came out and condemned abuse outright instead of sympathising with it whatever that means. However I'm not holding my breath....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Apology to JF

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.