Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Bennett
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 153 Guests

Ryan Bennett

This thread currently has 62,096 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
September 23, 2022, 3:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from RonMariner
Given Hull’s disastrous defensive frailties this season there has to be a danger they would recall Smih. They have been giving away some real comedy goals.

If Smith was recalled we would be left with Waterfall and Maher, plus a past his sell by date Pearson, so not really the embarrassment of riches we might think.

Bennet is a class player. A definite improvement on what we have currently. So yes, it would make sense to sign him if it made sense financially.

What a excrement comment about Shaun, still a very good commanding player , who is far from finished
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 317
GyMariner
September 23, 2022, 3:30pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Garth

What a excrement comment about Shaun, still a very good commanding player , who is far from finished

Watch this space with Shaun. There's a few non-playing roles being introduced shortly....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 317
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2022, 3:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Garth

Agee completely!!

I’ve given this a thought and though we know Bennet has quality & pedigree looking at our goals conceded record so we actually need him to become a promotion contender in this league?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 317
RonMariner
September 23, 2022, 3:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,806
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Garth

Yes, I agree it was a very poor choice of words.

The fact is though that he is clearly fourth choice and hasn’t featured as a regular for a while now. Clearly there is a considerably difference between being a squad player at NL/L2 level and a guy that was a regular in a team that finished in the Championship playoffs recently. So I do think we would improve the squad by signing Bennet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 317
jamesgtfc
September 23, 2022, 3:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,040
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from golfer

You don't know the number by any chance ?

Maybe he's taken some time out from football to do a spot of decorating. There was a house down there up for sale that was decorated dreadfully.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 317
lukeo
September 23, 2022, 4:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
I thought Shaun was already doing a non playing role within the club (ie coaching youngsters) I'd assume something like this was offered ehich enticed him back.... Pure guess work by me but it wouldn't surprise me as any club he's been at he's always been seen as respectable and always in the community doing stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 317
Phil the cod
September 23, 2022, 8:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Garth

Shaun Pearson should be above any negative comments, he's been one of our most loyal, trustworthy players since maybe John McDermott. Plus he's a decent player and a model professional.
Makes me laugh how some people don't value loyalty.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 317
Phil the cod
September 23, 2022, 8:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from lukeo
I thought Shaun was already doing a non playing role within the club (ie coaching youngsters) I'd assume something like this was offered ehich enticed him back.... Pure guess work by me but it wouldn't surprise me as any club he's been at he's always been seen as respectable and always in the community doing stuff.

He also takes time out in his private down time to talk to fans and support local kids football.
He's never let us down when called upon.
Him and scannell are my favourite players.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 317
Tommy
September 23, 2022, 9:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from lukeo

As of this season Shaun Pearson now coaches one of the age group teams in the Club's Academy, as does Danny Rose.

Re: Pearson as a player - I'd have no worries about him stepping into the side really. Don't think he's going to be first choice now, as is probably obvious, but he's definitely a player we can trust to step in and play at this level (perhaps better alongside Smith or Maher rather than Waterfall).

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 317
gtfc98
September 23, 2022, 9:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Tommy

As of this season Shaun Pearson now coaches one of the age group teams in the Club's Academy, as does Danny Rose.

Re: Pearson as a player - I'd have no worries about him stepping into the side really. Don't think he's going to be first choice now, as is probably obvious, but he's definitely a player we can trust to step in and play at this level (perhaps better alongside Smith or Maher rather than Waterfall).

Danny Rose as in the conspiracy nutter?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 317
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Bennett

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.