ska face
September 26, 2020, 7:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,763
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Rick12
I think its a shame Boris has not  kept up with the times and has held some antiquated racial undertones in his language. Hence Churchill and Gandhi expressed racial views as well but done a lot of good as well albeit in there time there was a lot  more racism which is why it wasn't the issue it is today. Hence society has moved on for the better.

But lets not forget the left are not completely innocent either with regards to certain groups .Remember the issues Labour had with anti Semitism in the party?.

To be fair to keir Starmer he has tackled antisemitism  effectively it seems eg :

Keir Starmer, apologised to the Jewish community for anti-Semitism in the party's ranks and promised to "tear out this poison by its roots" in his acceptance speech.

In a video conference with Jewish leaders, the new Labour leader and his deputy, Angela Rayner, said they would set up an independent complaints procedure and review all outstanding cases.

This was welcomed by Jewish leaders, who said in a joint statement that Sir Keir had "achieved more in four days" than Mr Corbyn did "in four years".

Absolutely astounding that you would try and hide behind the confected idea of Corbyn enabling antisemites in order to defend Boris Johnson, despite his own well-documented history of antisemitism. This from a recent Guardian piece on his book ‘72 Virgins’ -

“He describes “Jewish oligarchs” who run the media, and fiddle the figures to fix elections in their favour.
He portrays a Jewish character, Sammy Katz, with a “proud nose and curly hair”, and paints him as a malevolent, stingy, snake-like Jewish businessman who exploits immigrant workers for profit.”

Private Message
Reply: 70 - 83
Rick12
September 26, 2020, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ska face

Absolutely astounding that you would try and hide behind the confected idea of Corbyn enabling antisemites in order to defend Boris Johnson, despite his own well-documented history of antisemitism. This from a recent Guardian piece on his book ‘72 Virgins’ -

“He describes “Jewish oligarchs” who run the media, and fiddle the figures to fix elections in their favour.
He portrays a Jewish character, Sammy Katz, with a “proud nose and curly hair”, and paints him as a malevolent, stingy, snake-like Jewish businessman who exploits immigrant workers for profit.”

Iam not big on politics so I didnt know  Boris said that about Jews. Sad to read though.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 83
ska face
September 26, 2020, 8:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,763
Gold Stars: 851
You knew enough about politics to spend the last few days defending him, mind.

Regardless, I hope Nici’s exploits as a gentleman’s outfitter are remembered the next time she’s asking for £82k a year from the taxpayers of N.E.Lincs. She’s done frig all else
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 83
Rick12
September 26, 2020, 9:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
You knew enough about politics to spend the last few days defending him, mind.

Regardless, I hope Nici’s exploits as a gentleman’s outfitter are remembered the next time she’s asking for £82k a year from the taxpayers of N.E.Lincs. She’s done frig all else
I like to think there's good in everyone and Iam a strong believer in thinking good is always the stronger universal force in the long run.

Granted I may have been taking in somewhat by Boris's outward charm without realising he has some issues he still needs to deal with. But then dont we all albeit some a lot  more than others.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 83
KingstonMariner
September 26, 2020, 10:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from monkeyboy

And it went to rack and ruin under several decades of labour rule did it not?

Are you clueless? Since 1979 Labour has been in government for 13 years. The other 28 years we’ve had Conservative governments. For the hard of thinking that’s more than twice as long.

If you want to wind the clock back to 1945, Labour had 30 years. Tories 45 years.

Who’s to blame?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 83
KingstonMariner
September 26, 2020, 10:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ska face

I must’ve imagined the last 10 years then. I’d never heard of food bank when I left at 19, now you can’t move for them.

Absolutely. Food banks are a national embarrassment. Especially when we’re talking about working people. Not some homeless junkies or winos.

When I was a kid, the only homeless people you saw on the street were winos. Then in the 80s you started seeing young kids. Now we’ve got flipping food banks.

And we’re one of the richest countries!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 83
ginnywings
September 26, 2020, 11:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Yeah, but we're out of Europe, so not all bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 83
LH
September 26, 2020, 11:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
Quoted from Rick12
I like to think there's good in everyone and Iam a strong believer in thinking good is always the stronger universal force in the long run.

Granted I may have been taking in somewhat by Boris's outward charm without realising he has some issues he still needs to deal with. But then dont we all albeit some a lot  more than others.

Just out if interest Rick how old are you?
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 83
Rick12
September 27, 2020, 7:33am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH

Just out if interest Rick how old are you?
None of your business    but still quite young.

I know where this is going though eg your a bit naïve etc .Yes I probably was but like football players we all have our weaknesses and can all improve.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 83
Sandford1981
September 27, 2020, 8:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Rick12
None of your business    but still quite young.

I know where this is going though eg your a bit naïve etc .Yes I probably was but like football players we all have our weaknesses and can all improve.

Knowing when you have got something wrong and then admitting it is a strength Rick. I applaud you for for it, it’s something we could do with more of on this forum and in life generally.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.