9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Bawmariner
September 23, 2020, 9:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1

Would that extend to councillor Fenty?

You can't blank out the real world because you don't like it.

The club needs to deal with the political parties in power at both a local and national level. That's a given. It doesn't need to be used as a political tool. Politicians should be helping the club survive and develop, not using it for cheap political stunts. The club should ensure it distances itself from all political parties and clarify it does not support the use of club memorabilia or facilities for political stunts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 83
Eastendmariner
September 23, 2020, 9:10pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22

Town fans have a diversity of political opinions and beliefs just like any club.

I find this sort of propaganda Bunter with a Town shirt worthless.For years now we have been fed bland disconnected politics in this country. We have major social problems going back years while our MPS acquire free food, free travel, etc Now if this stunt if this stimulates  Boris saves the lower reaches of the EFL with a proper thought out rescue plan then may be mixing politics with sport may work.

What the Town needs is real investment. The Docks are a totally ignored left to crumble into the Dust That's a real issue, Not giving someone a Town shirt who couldn't care less about places outside the Westminster bubble.

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 83
Cayman_mariner
September 23, 2020, 9:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from jamesgtfc

... it wouldn't surprise me if it was ordered online or in person by someone like Lia's husband, who isn't called Mr Nici...

No more Mr Nic-I  😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 83
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 23, 2020, 9:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from monkeyboy

And it went to rack and ruin under several decades of labour rule did it not?

Labour have been in government for 12 of the last 50 years. There has never been "decades" of Labour rule. In fact the only party to have ruled for decades (in modern times) are the Tories.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 83
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 23, 2020, 9:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
I could imagine the lying oaf playing as an entitled number 10, refusing to help his teammates with his inability to track anything
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 83
Abdul19
September 23, 2020, 9:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
Worst holder of the number 10 shirt since Chris Llewellyn.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 83
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2020, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Football should, as much as possible, be apolitical. Unfortunately, our local MPs have misunderstood the mood a little, to do this on the day after football crowds were banned for the foreseeable future was probably not very wise. If the lack of crowds has a drastic impact on our future, this will not age well.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 83
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 23, 2020, 9:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 180

Oh come off it! Had it been Sir Kier Starmer posing with a Town shirt some people on here would have been overjoyed!

The highest profile man in the country being pictured in a Town hat and photographed with a Town shirt is good news. It is only a bit of fun, you dont have to sign a Conservative membership card to watch the Mariners.

We’ll have some people getting a petition up soon asking for cons corner to be renamed no doubt

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 83
Rick12
September 23, 2020, 10:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I think calling Boris a racist by some on here is a bit strong. Yes he said things which were a bit below the belt in the past but I dont think that makes him a out and out racist.

As noted I think very few people in this world are out and out racists but granted some have more racism  than others.

Put it in perspective for one. Phycological research has shown a large percentage of people have some hidden racial bias in them.

Having said that I think the capacity for change for the better (and which is the stronger force) is within all of us .Not just with racism but other things like bullying etc. We just need to want to try to choose the right path.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 83
GYinScuntland
September 24, 2020, 1:59am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from ska face
I’m glad I don’t live in Grimsby anymore. The place is falling to bits, an absolute dump & going backward (like much of the north & midlands) and the BEST thing the MP can dish up is using the club as a prop for a cheap photo op on the day the govt potentially killed it.

How little she must think of her constituents, to think all they want is a photo of the PM holding a town shirt. “Ah yeah, this’ll impress the saps back in Grimsby”, and she’s pocketing over £80,000 a year for it!

Grow up, she's simply trying to put the Town itself in the spotlight. It's her bloody job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.