Vance Warner
September 24, 2020, 6:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from Rick12
I think calling Boris a racist by some on here is a bit strong. Yes he said things which were a bit below the belt in the past but I dont think that makes him a out and out racist.

As noted I think very few people in this world are out and out racists but granted some have more racism  than others.

Put it in perspective for one. Phycological research has shown a large percentage of people have some hidden racial bias in them.

Having said that I think the capacity for change for the better (and which is the stronger force) is within all of us .Not just with racism but other things like bullying etc. We just need to want to try to choose the right path.

Absolute nonsense. My young kids haven’t got a racist bone in their body. They couldn’t care less about the skin colour of the people they play with. Make no mistake racism is learnt behaviour usually from parents. That makes it all the more tragic that it is still going on today.

As for Boris you can only judge someone by what they say and do so yes he’s a racist.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 83
aldi_01
September 24, 2020, 6:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They did well to find out MPs...haven’t nor heard of them for the late 5 months...

But many seemed to have missed my original point; regardless of political persuasion, had this been Starmer I’d have equally been annoyed.

Whilst politics and football, contrary to what some think, do go hand in hand annoyingly, these sort of things aren’t helpful. It’s no more a publicity stunt that is to inflate the egos of no mark local MPs doing little for the town.

Someone mentioned celebrities; completely different. They make films or write songs etc. You don’t have to like them but they’re harmless on most respects (unless they were a 1970s BBC presenter) but politics is far too divisive so the simple response is that that club shouldn’t be allowing this sort of stuff to happen.

Just once again shows the nativity of the club. Mind you, I bet the non non chairman and his polyester jacket wearing mate spent all night pulling their hooters at the thought of Boris in a town shirt...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 83
ex-merseymariner
September 24, 2020, 6:43am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9

Ok, to be fair and balanced  I can confirm I have seen one of the people in this photo at a Town match.  (Vickers)

Another I have seen on telly on a show called PMQs, where he was being told off by the Speaker for not answering the questions. He is our PM.

And the third one I understand to be my Member of Parliament and also my local ward councillor, but apart from this photo, and a tv appearance defending the algorithm hours before a govt u-turn, she is invisible on both counts.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 83
ska face
September 24, 2020, 7:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Grow up, she's simply trying to put the Town itself in the spotlight. It's her bloody job.

Her job is to represent the interests of her constituents in parliament, including the 70% of the town’s electorate that didn’t vote for her.

Not to hand out hats and shirts for publicity stunts like a work experience kid in the commercial department.

Look at the state of the town, do you think it’s going to be fixed after handing the PM a football shirt? Interesting way to devise an economic strategy if so. But yeah, “grow up”...
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 83
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 24, 2020, 7:31am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Rick12
I think calling Boris a racist by some on here is a bit strong. Yes he said things which were a bit below the belt in the past but I dont think that makes him a out and out racist.

As noted I think very few people in this world are out and out racists but granted some have more racism  than others.

Put it in perspective for one. Phycological research has shown a large percentage of people have some hidden racial bias in them.

Having said that I think the capacity for change for the better (and which is the stronger force) is within all of us .Not just with racism but other things like bullying etc. We just need to want to try to choose the right path.

I quote:

Black people have watermelon smiles

Muslim women look like letterboxes

Piccaninnies

The language of an out and out racist.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 83
Rick12
September 24, 2020, 8:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Vance Warner

Absolute nonsense. My young kids haven’t got a racist bone in their body. They couldn’t care less about the skin colour of the people they play with. Make no mistake racism is learnt behaviour usually from parents. That makes it all the more tragic that it is still going on today.

Its not nonsense though. I agree with you in that children are pure and racist behaviour to some degree or another is learnt via social conditioning as we grow up.

I quote:

Black people have watermelon smiles

Muslim women look like letterboxes

Piccaninnies

The language of an out and out racist.

Yes I have seen that. But that doesnt constitute  a out and out racist. Hence Iam sure Boris doesnt think all black people are lazy, criminals and hates every single one etc etc.

Noone is whiter than white.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 83
ginnywings
September 24, 2020, 9:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Boris is a racist, a narcissist and a liar.

He is the epitome of white privilege.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 83
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 24, 2020, 10:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Rick12
Its not nonsense though. I agree with you in that children are pure and racist behaviour to some degree or another is learnt via social conditioning as we grow up.

Yes I have seen that. But that doesnt constitute  a out and out racist. Hence Iam sure Boris doesnt think all black people are lazy, criminals and hates every single one etc etc.

Noone is whiter than white.

Ah, I see..... there is a sliding scale of racism where it's ok at one end (probably just 'bants') and at the other end it's killing 'them'?

Thanks, I appreciate that clarification.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 83
Rick12
September 24, 2020, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
No racism is ok Bobby and your missing my point big style   .

Your right in one part there are differing levels of racism .Acute and more subtle. All need to be tackled.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 83
lew chaterleys lover
September 24, 2020, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from aldi_01
They did well to find out MPs...haven’t nor heard of them for the late 5 months...

But many seemed to have missed my original point; regardless of political persuasion, had this been Starmer I’d have equally been annoyed.

Whilst politics and football, contrary to what some think, do go hand in hand annoyingly, these sort of things aren’t helpful. It’s no more a publicity stunt that is to inflate the egos of no mark local MPs doing little for the town.

Someone mentioned celebrities; completely different. They make films or write songs etc. You don’t have to like them but they’re harmless on most respects (unless they were a 1970s BBC presenter) but politics is far too divisive so the simple response is that that club shouldn’t be allowing this sort of stuff to happen.

Just once again shows the nativity of the club. Mind you, I bet the non non chairman and his polyester jacket wearing mate spent all night pulling their hooters at the thought of Boris in a town shirt...

Everything is divisive this day and age. Had some celeb been photographed with a Town shirt you can bet your last pound there would be people on here straight away saying it is terrible, he/she is not a good look for the club.

Just live and let let live. Someone important gets photographed with a football shirt happens all the time. Corbyn did it at Blackpool last year I think and of course it is just for a photo opp. Corbyn or Boris have no particular interest in Blackpool FC or GTFC but it generates a bit of press coverage.

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.