9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRealJohnLewis
September 23, 2020, 7:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39

There are more Conservative than Labour voters in Grimsby now though so perhaps people don't mind as much as you think.

You seem to have missed the point and by a large margin, so I will help you out.

Quoted from aldi_01
In truth, whoever this shirt was given to politically it would be a bad PR move and just goes to alienate sections of fans further.

Regardless of who has the majority it will alienate sections of fans. Not all fans, not the majority (it might be but we'll never know), just sections of fans and causing divisions isn't going to be a wise move.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 83
lew chaterleys lover
September 23, 2020, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

You seem to have missed the point and by a large margin, so I will help you out.

Regardless of who has the majority it will alienate sections of fans. Not all fans, not the majority (it might be but we'll never know), just sections of fans and causing divisions isn't going to be a wise move.

Oh come off it! Had it been Sir Kier Starmer posing with a Town shirt some people on here would have been overjoyed!

The highest profile man in the country being pictured in a Town hat and photographed with a Town shirt is good news. It is only a bit of fun, you dont have to sign a Conservative membership card to watch the Mariners.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 83
gtfc98
September 23, 2020, 7:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from LH
Interested to know the opinions of the anti-kneel people who said football and politics should be seperate entities.

they'll say this is different. muppets.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 83
gtfc98
September 23, 2020, 7:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68

Oh come off it! Had it been Sir Kier Starmer posing with a Town shirt some people on here would have been overjoyed!

The highest profile man in the country being pictured in a Town hat and photographed with a Town shirt is good news. It is only a bit of fun, you dont have to sign a Conservative membership card to watch the Mariners.

It's not a bit of fun if you hate their guts.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 83
TheRealJohnLewis
September 23, 2020, 7:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39

The exact same point made for the Boris the racist would apply to Starmer.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 83
Vance Warner
September 23, 2020, 8:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
Politicians pretending to care about football clubs is always embarrassing regardless of their party. Remember Austin Mitchell jumping on the Wembley bandwagon and trying to make it about him. The Farage stunt shouldn’t have happened due to his divisive politics and I cancelled my Trust membership in the back of it. On this occasion I don’t think the club are to blame but the sight of Mr Johnson holding a town shirt whilst his incompetence threatens our entire existence is pretty shameless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 83
lew chaterleys lover
September 23, 2020, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

It's not a bit of fun if you hate their guts.

I suppose you are right there. There have been celebrities and politicians photographed with club shirts for press releases and various promotions for donkeys years, some you might like but some you don't. The man is the Prime Minister of the UK after all. A bit sad that anybody hates somebody's guts but that is the nature of today's world I guess.

The point is - you either ban completely anybody posing with a football shirt or you accept some people will do it who you don't like/hate.

In my previous life I often posed with a Town shirt in the press, and apart from my ex wife, or indeed the present wife on occasions using it as darts practice,  I would be mortified if people thought it was out of order.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 83
Bawmariner
September 23, 2020, 8:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1

Oh come off it you are so obsessed with 'lefties' I'm starting to think you are a closeted one. The club should be nowhere near politics. I'm honestly fed up of the stupid culture wars that are destroying this country and its people like you that are keeping them going. The club should not give any memorabilia to politicians and should distance themselves from any political association be that Johnson, Starmer or Lord Buckethead.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 83
lew chaterleys lover
September 23, 2020, 8:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

The exact same point made for the Boris the racist would apply to Starmer.

Not to some it wouldnt so where would you draw the line? How about we make a list of acceptable and non accceptable people that can be pictured with a Town shirt. We could start with serial killers at one end of the spectrum and nurses at the other and then you can fill in the blanks.

This photo is a response to the recent story of Boris in a Town hat; a simple photo opportunity with two Tory MP's who represent the area at Westminster.  
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 83
promotion plaice
September 23, 2020, 8:18pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,087
Gold Stars: 200

Town's mystery striker to be announced tomorrow  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.