10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 9, 2017, 6:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Not unwilling Barra. I think you're being very honourable in praising Sharon and her team. Fair play.

But it's a bit like saying the French won at Austerlitz purely because of the efforts of the Grande Armee soldiers. Yes they were the best trained army in Europe, but if Napoleon hadn't put them there and given them what they needed, it wouldn't have happened. To stretch this metaphor even more, John Fenty is Louis XVI.

PS, you yourself highlighted Cloudy's contribution, and he specifically said the abars were a shambles before.

Which was based solely upon being a long term customer in both the Main stand facilities and more latterly the Findus. They could have been making pots of money but it wasn't the impression I got being a bar fly!
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 93
1mickylyons
November 9, 2017, 11:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
I don`t think the Trust and the board should sit on different sides of the fence and it should always be in the best interests of the Club that they remain United BUT when there are issues the Trust should be pushing a lot harder for answers. I am not impressed at all in the apparent lets just be thankful and take whatever we get attitude of late. The team are mid table in League 2 the gates are dropping the moaning is louder than for a long time but still the let`s be grateful brigade tell us to shut up and put up such is the joy at being back in the league.Well im sorry but GTFC have been around since 1878 and the blame for our fall to non league can be levelled mainy at the majority shareholder. He hires and he fires and the Trust with a place on the board need to challenge key decisions if the members they represent have a genuine gripe.

The Club appear to be treading water and I am sure if/when the news on the ground is settled we will see movement and a probable investment in players to boost numbers through the gates? JF will see a new ground as his legacy and for him it will probably cancel out the relegation to non league.For many of us we won`t see it that way but we will get where he is coming from.The Trust have a massive part to play in how this football club progresses and they will be stronger doing that from the inside in my opinion.

It really feels like were going backwards on and off the pitch I have never been so bored with what is on offer are the vast majority wrong again in terms of how they see the team/manager/player investment? Well if they are you can bet they won`t want to devalue the product and maybe that`s why hundreds of them have simply stopped going instead.

As the Man City fans once sung at Blundell Park whilst being stuffed 4-1 WTF IS GOING ON?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 93
dapperz fun pub
November 9, 2017, 8:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81

As the Man City fans once sung at Blundell Park whilst being stuffed 4-1 WTF IS GOING ON?[/quote]

Remember it well now that was being truly spoilt ... After two decades of Shiite I struggle to include winning a non league final as true success
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 93
Bigdog
November 9, 2017, 8:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Beating FGR at Wembley felt like a massive outpouring of relief combined with a shedding of great embarrassment for a loyal army of fans..Glory didn't come into it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust AGM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.