14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
July 29, 2017, 8:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Defence look solid, if a little lacking in place . I have no worries about our back 4. Considering we have a squad full of central midfielders we are a little lacking in quality at times. I'm really excited about Dembele who looks like he will cause real problems. Vernon was clearly isolated but is a really clever player, when the service was right he backed in and brought others in really well.

Slade clearly has a formation he wants to play and I feel it might be more effective when we come to the real stuff next week. It doesn't suit pre season and when teams in the league attack us we will be seriously dangerous on the break. I am expecting the 5 midfield players to be the ones providing the goals.

I think you mean plaice    

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 133
promotion plaice
July 29, 2017, 8:46pm

Russell Slade pleased with Town's efforts after 'toughest test' against Wigan Athletic

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....grimsby-towns-253953

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 133
MuddyWaters
July 29, 2017, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
If you are difficult to create chances against then you become difficult to beat. Perhaps some of you want Bignot back and watch our midfield & defence run ragged again?
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 133
wiggers
July 29, 2017, 8:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
I want to be entertained
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 133
HertsGTFC
July 29, 2017, 8:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Apart from getting caught for their debatable goal I thought our back 4 looked  looked pretty competent once Zak Mils got to grips with their left mid. Also sensed that the communication between them and Macca was better. On the subject of Macca thought he had a good game today especially with the double save in the 2nd half and getting the ball up front quick to Tombola for the penalty.  

On the basis of the 2 games I have seen pre season today & Barnsley we have progressed, we look relatively organised with players knowing their jobs, feels like for starters Russ is setting up for us to be hard to beat.He's brought some decent players in but we defiantly need an Amond type striker that can drop off at the right time in addition to another option with pace.

Anyway as ever you can't tell much from friendlies but I reckon a mid table finish beckons again next season in what could be a competitive division..

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 133
sam gy
July 29, 2017, 9:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from gtfc82

Where do you think our goals are going to come from?

Sam Jones seemed perfectly capable last season. Asante when fit. That striker that Slade is blatantly going to be bringing in now that Yussuf had gone. Cardwell seems a good player, I haven't written him off yet either.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 133
promotion plaice
July 29, 2017, 9:28pm

Quoted from Hagrid
That looked bad on berrett there. If he's concussed its 2 weeks out

According to reports James Berrett will be available for the Chesterfield game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 133
grimsby pete
July 29, 2017, 9:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,798
Gold Stars: 222
Just back to Suffolk,

Thought both sides needed a Bogle not a lot of threat up front from either side,

A good work out without being too exciting both sides tried to play the ball on the ground ,

Wigan a bit naughty with some blatant fouls that the ref let go,

Dembele looked dangerous when he had the ball,

Tombola looked sharp when he came on and would have scored if not brought down for our pen,

Luna really enjoyed her 1st visit to the park but was a bit annoyed with fans when they did not join in with her FISH !!! chant  

So we still need that striker who will score the goals otherwise there will be a few draws on the cards

All the centre backs looked confident and Rose had a good game imo

Nothing much to add as no one was outstanding and no one had a stinker,

One final thing Fenty blanked me, I can not understand why  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 133
The Yard Dog
July 29, 2017, 11:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from grimsby pete
Just back to Suffolk,

Thought both sides needed a Bogle not a lot of threat up front from either side,

A good work out without being too exciting both sides tried to play the ball on the ground ,

Wigan a bit naughty with some blatant fouls that the ref let go,

Dembele looked dangerous when he had the ball,

Tombola looked sharp when he came on and would have scored if not brought down for our pen,

Luna really enjoyed her 1st visit to the park but was a bit annoyed with fans when they did not join in with her FISH !!! chant  

So we still need that striker who will score the goals otherwise there will be a few draws on the cards

All the centre backs looked confident and Rose had a good game imo

Nothing much to add as no one was outstanding and no one had a stinker,

[/b]One final thing Fenty blanked me, I can not understand why [b]

He saw that you had a flask, was Luna waving a flag.

It seems that Luna has got the Mariner bug, nice to see different generations together watching the Mariners.

Hope you and Luna enjoy the games you get to, could be an expensive season if Luna gets her way, Pete.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 133
grimsby pete
July 30, 2017, 12:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,798
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from The Yard Dog

He saw that you had a flask, was Luna waving a flag.

It seems that Luna has got the Mariner bug, nice to see different generations together watching the Mariners.

Hope you and Luna enjoy the games you get to, could be an expensive season if Luna gets her way, Pete.

UTM

You are not kidding  

When I ask Luna if the day was as good as she thought it would be she answered,

Yes even better fish + chips before the game,

We did not lose,

AND

A Mcdonalds happy meal on the way home.

Lets do it again soon  

The only downside was we could not find anywhere to park for the trippers on the sea front so she could not go on the machines in the arcades before the game.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town vs Wigan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.