Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Teesknees

Hale scares me!!

See what you did there  

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 133
Mighty_Mariner
July 29, 2017, 5:01pm
Pontoonite
Be interesting to find out how Jack Bridge performed. It's clear he's probably seen as a replacement for Osbourne. Was highly thought of at Southend and was on trial at Bournmouth in January so must have somthing about him. He scored 7 in 14 while on loan at Chelmsford too.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 133
jonnyboy82
July 29, 2017, 5:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Dembele unreal , the rest very very average .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 133
jamesgtfc
July 29, 2017, 5:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Wigan bullied us and their manager was moaning all first half.

We held our own and Macca made a great double save second half. Bridge got clattered not long after coming on but he can play, just not sure he offers any bite in the middle.

Vernon up front on his own isn't the answer. Dembele was a real handful and the fans showed their appreciation early on when he lost the ball and fought to win it back.

Wilkinson was encouraging Max Wright to beat his man late on and I think a deal will be offered there.

Berrett has 2 weeks of complete rest I would have thought after his knock to the head so we really are down to the bare bones in a position we have an abundance of players for!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 133
LH
July 29, 2017, 5:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
August will be a very long month for us if we haven't got ourselves at least one new striking option. I would say we probably need two now as we have lost Yussuf and needed one before he left.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 133
gtfc82
July 29, 2017, 5:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
The positives for me were that we looked solid enough at the back, I thought Rose did well and Dembele will terrorise defences. However Slade needs to seriously strengthen our attack. Playing Vernon or Caldwell on their own up front is not going to result in many goals and they looked so isolated. Not impressed at all with Kelly. Didn't seem to know what to do with the ball. Also I'm worried if we're down to needing to start with Summerfield next weekend!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 133
TheGoalKipper
July 29, 2017, 5:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from LH
August will be a very long month for us if we haven't got ourselves at least one new striking option. I would say we probably need two now as we have lost Yussuf and needed one before he left.

I think by releasing Yussuf he has freed up the money for a replacement. Im sure he's chasing someone

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 133
golfer
July 29, 2017, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
It's certainly looks like Russ has set his mind on his preferred starting XI - although i'd like to think Clements would replace Berrett once he's fully fit and a mobile striker to replace Vernon. Once those two are sorted then I think we've got a very competitive squad for this level.

I absolutely hate to agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 133
Cloudy
July 29, 2017, 5:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Accept that Wigan are one and we're two divisions above us but for me men against boys.

McKeown made a great double save but flapped at crosses as usual.
Mills may have played himself out of a starting berth next week. Loved him last season but shaky throughout
Clarke impressed
Collins did fine although we know the pairing lacks pace
Dembele was the exciting performer, with a little more movement around him he would be even better
Berrett was Berrett
Rose got better as the game went on
Jones played here there and everywhere
Kelly not impressed, good control but didn't beat anyone or even look like he was going to do so
Vernon totally isolated, worked hard but not a lot else

Bridge very light weight- pass
K Osbourne huge but needs to focus. Generally looked decent
Summerfield was the best of our midfield for a spell but then did his normal thing and gave the ball away in a dangerous position

Overall the shape of the side means we didn't get enough men forward to cause a threat

Hopeful of better next week
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 133
Mighty_Mariner
July 29, 2017, 5:37pm
Pontoonite
Quoted from golfer

I absolutely hate to agree

Stunned!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town vs Wigan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.