grimsby pete
July 31, 2017, 4:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from golfer
Have looked at the video countless times and still can't workout why their defender wasn't sent off for bringing down Bolly-he was definitely the last man. Feel the ref. was a bit biased right from the start

BECAUSE it was a friendly although a few of their players was not told that.

In a proper game they might have had 2 or 3 sent off but they did not even get booked,

I think the ref only got his card out once in the whole game.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 133
golfer
July 31, 2017, 9:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
In my opinion it shouldnt make any difference-they should play the rules whatever the importance. We end up with injuries due to the ref not willing to "enforce the law". This is why we have all this diving and pretending to be injured-send the diving and dirty illegitimates off right from the start of their reluctance to play to the rules. It was tough playing in "the old days" I got injured loads of times but as far as I know it was never intentional, and I never hurt anybody on purpose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 133
arryarryarry
July 31, 2017, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Didn't they amend the law that if a penalty was given it would only be a booking or did I dream that, mind you did he get booked?
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 133
ginnywings
July 31, 2017, 10:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from arryarryarry
Didn't they amend the law that if a penalty was given it would only be a booking or did I dream that, mind you did he get booked?

I think a booking is now deemed sufficient punishment, along with the penalty, if it is a genuine attempt for the ball and is mis-timed. I think deliberately hacking someone down or deliberate handball is still a sending off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 133
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town vs Wigan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.