Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Other Clubs Transfer News
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 321 Guests

Other Clubs Transfer News

This thread currently has 76,403 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
towncryer
July 22, 2017, 10:52am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Bostwick is a heck of a signing for us but players don't just consider money when signing for a club. Yeah he will be on decent money but he turned down Blackburn to sign and I'm sure he would of been offered better terms there.
Unlike Lee Angol who we also wanted to sign from Peterborough and we had him on loan towards the end of the season but he chose a money deal at Mansfield as opposed to the likes of Bostwick,  Woodward ect. who, although could of got better financial terms elsewhere, are actually signing for the Cowleys purely for football reasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 240
immariner
July 22, 2017, 11:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Bostwick signed for Lincoln for geography reasons. If Blackburn was in the East Midlands, he'd be their player now, don't kid yourself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 240
HertsGTFC
July 22, 2017, 11:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from towncryer
Bostwick is a heck of a signing for us but players don't just consider money when signing for a club. Yeah he will be on decent money but he turned down Blackburn to sign and I'm sure he would of been offered better terms there.
Unlike Lee Angol who we also wanted to sign from Peterborough and we had him on loan towards the end of the season but he chose a money deal at Mansfield as opposed to the likes of Bostwick,  Woodward ect. who, although could of got better financial terms elsewhere, are actually signing for the Cowleys purely for football reasons.

1st bit in bold - Agree but it's absolutely their first consideration.

2nd bit in bold - Maybe he would but that fact that he probably would not have to re-locate to play for you may have also swung it

3rd bit in bold - Players always say that as they dare not say something like "I'm signing for cash".  

Final bit in bold - You and me know that of you hadn't had such a good run in the FA cup there is no way you could afford and thus attract good players from higher leagues    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 240
towncryer
July 22, 2017, 11:45am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Maybe some things you gents are saying are true but the facts are we won the league we got to the Quarter Final of the FA Cup we had around 13 games screened live on BBC SKY and BT. We were the featured game on Match of the Day twice we have two of the best up and coming managers in the country we are financially stable with more investment coming into the club and we have over 6000 season ticket holders for this season.
Yes we are on a roll at the moment and our profile is high but these are the reasons we can attract players like Bostwick to the club.
We are just trying to make hay while the sun is shining.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 240
Meza
July 22, 2017, 11:56am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
And it goes pete tong when the cowleys leave and lincoln revert back to normal lol

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 240
Cloudy
July 22, 2017, 12:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from towncryer
Maybe some things you gents are saying are true but the facts are we won the league we got to the Quarter Final of the FA Cup we had around 13 games screened live on BBC SKY and BT. We were the featured game on Match of the Day twice we have two of the best up and coming managers in the country we are financially stable with more investment coming into the club and we have over 6000 season ticket holders for this season.
Yes we are on a roll at the moment and our profile is high but these are the reasons we can attract players like Bostwick to the club.

Never mind fans from other clubs coming over for a chat now and then but impish /towncryer are now commenting on virtually every thread, stuffing the superb management, season tickets, investment etc etc down our throats.
Yes, I am jealous but also fed up with reading it!!
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 240
HertsGTFC
July 22, 2017, 12:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from towncryer

I doubt that wining the NL alone would have funded the lifestyle you are currently living. Your cup run was excellent and aided by the luck of the draw you deserved the rewards from the prize money and TV as would anyone who progressed that far..

Yes as well as being platinum standard self promoters your manager/managers are very capable at wining football matches and the off the field financial backing must really help too.

Coming on here though making out that your signing players because they are desperate to play for LCFC and Danny Cowley does you no favors as at lower league level players sign deals that offer the best financial return and fits with their domestic set ups. If they played for managers more would look to leave when a manager gets sacked

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 240
grimsby pete
July 22, 2017, 12:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Cloudy

Never mind fans from other clubs coming over for a chat now and then but impish /towncryer are now commenting on virtually every thread, stuffing the superb management, season tickets, investment etc etc down our throats.
Yes, I am jealous but also fed up with reading it!!

Don't read it then  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 240
lukeo
July 22, 2017, 12:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I'm with cloudy, dare I say I have nothing against lincoln and have always hoped they do well (as long as it's not at our expense) also really like the Cowley brothers. I think they'll be managing a top club in the not so far future.. But please, can we cut down on the Lincoln talk. I respect you guys coming over to our board and chatting etc but every time I log on I feel like I've logged onto the Lincoln message board.. I do wish Lincoln luck and think they'll defenately be up their, but try to keep it down a bit will you  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 240
Mariner_09
July 22, 2017, 1:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
As much as I am loathed to say it, we should look at Lincoln and look at how they capitalised upon the feel good vibes this year and see how much of a missed opportunity last season was to really push our season ticket sales up and therefore our merchandise sales as well. Could have added another 500k onto our turnover and given us some serious financial clout this summer. They'll do ok, they've made a couple of good signings. Bostock and Green are good quality for this level.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 240
25 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Other Clubs Transfer News

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.