25 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Numanoid
July 23, 2017, 1:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +152
Gold Stars: 14
I thought this thread was about other clubs transfers not all this balderdash lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 240
barralad
July 23, 2017, 4:15pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'm not saying we should have achieved Lincoln's ST sales. I'm saying it's no good sitting back and moaning that they got all the breaks. And I bet they didn't just expect the tickets to fly off the shelf by resting on their laurels.

The Lawrie Mac example is a poor way to run things. You can't plan on the basis that once in (how long has it been now, 46 years!) 2 generations the appointment of a manager can have that effect. Talk about Micawberism!

I may be doing you a disservice but I think you may have missed my point. Last season Lincoln got the whole city buzzing. The need for any special action for season ticket sales for this their first season in seven in the Football League was entirely superfluous. They sold thousands in the first few days of sale.
At no point was I suggesting that the club waits for its next turn at a game changing series of events but people (not necessarily you, your post happened to come at the end of a series) suggesting that somehow we show up badly even for last season's approach to selling season tickets when compared to Lincoln are in my opinion off the mark

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 240
arryarryarry
July 23, 2017, 4:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I'm not bothered how many season tickets Lincoln have sold, the more the merrier or the more disappointed when we go there and beat them.
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 240
HertsGTFC
July 23, 2017, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from barralad

I may be doing you a disservice but I think you may have missed my point. Last season Lincoln got the whole city buzzing. The need for any special action for season ticket sales for this their first season in seven in the Football League was entirely superfluous. They sold thousands in the first few days of sale.
At no point was I suggesting that the club waits for its next turn at a game changing series of events but people (not necessarily you, your post happened to come at the end of a series) suggesting that somehow we show up badly even for last season's approach to selling season tickets when compared to Lincoln are in my opinion off the mark

Last comment from me on this thread re ST sales. Below is the price for the Early Bird offer for the Upper which is still running BTW with just under 2 weeks before the first game. Prices where frozen from last season even though as everybody points out the wage bill is higher due to the amount of pro's on the books. Numbers on the left is the offer price, middle number is the full price and last number is the percentage saving.

Adult (Over 21)            £340      £420   19%
Junior (1-14)                 £70             £105   33%
Senior Citizen (65-74)     £230     £273   16%
Senior Citizen (75+)     £140     £273   49%
Young Adult (15- 1       £140        £273   49%
Young Adult (19-21)     £190     £378   49%

Feels like the 65 -74 saving is a bit low in comparison to the others and there should be something for shift workers considering the local production based economy. Worth noting that the discounts are bigger in the other 3 seating areas for home fans. Looking at the percentage discounts it feels like they just need to should about what you could save rather than buying week in week out. The Early Bird feels like good value  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 240
friskneymariner
July 23, 2017, 5:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Lets open another can of worms ,the majority of clubs in this league count over 60's for age concession.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 240
Grantham_Mariner
July 23, 2017, 6:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from friskneymariner
Lets open another can of worms ,the majority of clubs in this league count over 60's for age concession.

And they let you take flasks in (Shock horror)

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 240
grimsby pete
July 23, 2017, 6:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
When we get our new 14,000 seater stadium would be a good time to make some really great offers,

We could double our normal  ST sales at least with the right sales pitch.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 240
KingstonMariner
July 23, 2017, 6:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

"I may be doing you a disservice but I think you may have missed my point".

Ditto!

But I don't think I did miss your point. You seemed to be suggesting they had good luck, as did we in 1971-72. Should we be waiting for another bolt from the blue? Do you think the Club could be doing more to boost ticket sales? Or are you happy?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 240
barralad
July 23, 2017, 10:03pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from KingstonMariner

"I may be doing you a disservice but I think you may have missed my point".

Ditto!

But I don't think I did miss your point. You seemed to be suggesting they had good luck, as did we in 1971-72. Should we be waiting for another bolt from the blue? Do you think the Club could be doing more to boost ticket sales? Or are you happy?

I don't think it was about good luck more about performances igniting an interest way beyond the norm. With Lawrie it was perhaps more about an extraordinary ability to understand the fanbase backed by performances on the pitch. In those days though season ticket sales weren't the big issue they are now.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 240
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 23, 2017, 10:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
So Mansfield haven't signed anyone then

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 240
25 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Other Clubs Transfer News

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.