Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 158 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 13,333 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 5:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Any nonsense about this side not being as good as last seasons is firmly put to bed today. As good an attacking display of football as i have seen for many a season and Bogle was unplayable. A 10/10 performance that will have scouts driving to BP if h keeps that up. Scored three, made two, hit the bar with a piledriver and they simply couldn't handle him. The confidence was flowing through him.

Vose was a bag of tricks and scored possibly the goal of the game but that's difficult to judge because they were all fantastic. As an attacking unit, we were unstoppable. The back line is still a worry though and McKeown didn't cover himself in glory. At fault for both goals, especially the second and he is making the defence jittery IMO.

Some excellent performances today but the team as a whole just clicked going forward and we got the goals we deserved last week. Still not seen anything to worry about in this league and i'm still confident we will do well. Even more so after today. Need to stop shipping goals though and that's the only blot from today.

The best standard of football i have seen at BP for years and years. We have some very good players. Onward and upward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Freemoash88
August 27, 2016, 5:32pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Couldn't of put it better myself ginnywings. Full agreement with everything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 78
jonnyboy82
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I agree 100% about bogle he was awesome and vose shut that clown up behind me with his display today, a mention for summerfield though for me he was on his game today.

Defence centrally still concerns me though as most of our errors have come from them but the attack got them out of jail.

Some quality additions this week and who knows were we will end up.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 78
golfer
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I was going to give my views on the match but now I dont have to. You took every word out of my mouth Ginny. I agree on everything you said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 78
Grim74
August 27, 2016, 5:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Totally agree that has showed the doubters this team can compete at this level including myself well done town! Bogle was absolute class today hope he can keep it up, as for the team it was a performance we have been waiting for and this season could well turn out to be a promising one.

Minor gripe as been mentioned above Mckeown clearly needs someone to challenge him he's not looking the safe pair pair of hands we have become used to hopefully just a blip.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 78
Mariner Ronnie
August 27, 2016, 5:41pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Is this team better than last season? - yes
Is this the finished product? No
Still more to come? - yes
Omar bogle top scorer of the season? - yes
Ben Davis player of the season? - yes
Is Ronnie Henry still a twit? - yes
We're the fans magnificent today? - yes

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 78
Freemoash88
August 27, 2016, 5:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
I'll like to add Gowling has been impressive in the opening few games him and Shaun should start to perform a good partnership again given time. Andrew Boyce IMO is far to slow and should be considered backup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 78
Marinerz93
August 27, 2016, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Top draw stuff today, great effort lads, let's Brasil our way to the top 3.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 78
bluerose13x
August 27, 2016, 5:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
To put it bluntly, we did very well against a poor Stevenage team, which had its fair amount of talent but looked disappointing. If I was a betting man I'd consider putting 50p on them being in the mix for relegation.

I still have concerns about our defence which I would describe as poor, error & mistake prone. Their 1st goal, just like at Derby, we let them score at the far post from a set piece, totally avoidable. Something to work on, prob in my book we need a couple of decent defenders to be brought in before deadline day.

But having said that we did play really really well today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 78
moosey_club
August 27, 2016, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
a better balanced team gave us outlets down both sides today which in my opinion made all the difference.
Some cracking goals, some cracking saves from their keeper as well ,eventually, as he hardly blinked at the first 4 !!

And probably for the first time i fully agreed with Hursts substitutions, very good of him to give Bogle the standing ovation substitution.

Still a little bit open at the back early doors with Gowling taking his turn to have a shaky game and i just wish we would have kept up the momentum at 4-1 as who knows what we could have ended up with.

Final word to Omar...cracking display from the off....after he had crumpled their defenders in the first few minutes you could see he was up for this one.  Dont think i saw a single "hands to the face in disappointment look" from him all day, when he lost the ball he made it his job to chase it back down...fantastic stuff and the third goal was a peach to snatch a much deserved hat trick.  On that show..Padraig who??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 78
promotion plaice
August 27, 2016, 5:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,088
Gold Stars: 200

Should've been  8 - 2  

Best performance I have seen Bogle play in a Town shirt, Vose silenced his critics and Pearson played his part.
I think the quality of Davies gives the rest confidence.

We still need more players in but awesome today..........UTM

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 78
oldun
August 27, 2016, 5:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Obviously a cracking result. There was some tremendous forward play from us, but at times especially in the first half we were hitting long hopeful balls and I thought we looked nervy, no-one wanted to keep the ball. At times the game was more like a Conference game. However at times we showed what we can do when we pass the ball on the deck. Scored a couple of well worked goals, then gave away a needless freekick in a dangerous position (we must stop doing this ) and then failed to defend the cross giving the scorer a free header which he took well. Second half we were better and scored 3 brilliant goals, but again Macca had a moment to forget. A mention for Dominic Vose, who has had some critics on here. He took his chance in the team today to show what he can do. So skilful on the ball and his goal, well what a pearler. Must see it again. Finally I have to finish with the man of the match, Omar Bogle, I think that is the best I have seen him play. He was strong, quick, tricky linking play and of course scored a fantastic hatrick. He had been unlucky not to get his third on a couple of occasions but the icing on the cake came when he curled a freekick over the wall and into the top corner. Memorable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 78
Kris2
August 27, 2016, 5:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
This is what happens when I predict a poor result and fear the worst. Town come out and not just make me eat my words they grab a shovel and ram them down my throat and damn does it taste good.

This game certainly a contender for Bogle's best ever performance in a Grimsby shirt possibly the game of his career so far who knows. I've never seen him that confident and clinical up front every time he had the ball he looked like scoring or creating a goal fully deserved his hat trick. Gone were the falling all over antics he looked strong,held the ball up well and was bringing others into play. Vose very much of the same their defence just could not handle him he held the ball up well and made great passes and scored another very well taken goal. Summerfield had the best game he's had so far imo looked far more confident and played some great passes also getting himself on the score sheet. Chambers made some good runs again but was maybe outshone by the quality of Vose so was less noticeable. Disley again put in a shift winning headers and making tackles.

Jackson looked okay made some good passes and picked up a few loose balls with his pace but was struggling with being bullied off the ball and trying to win headers. Andrew and Davies both did well defending and attacking I say it constantly but I think Davies is a quality footballer. The central two not so sure about Gowling especially is becoming a worry he doesn't look sure of anything he's doing and each game he seems to play a back pass too short. McKeown probably at fault for both goals the second more so the first was a bit of a dubious free kick anyway the second he just had a mad minute and decided to run around though the central defenders just kind of got lost.

Referee was playing hard to get with giving us any decisions almost every 50/50 was given to Stevenage. Blew his whistle a bit too much which added on to the stoppage from the clumsy Stevenage players working hard to give themselves a concussion.

Overall such an exciting game to watch every attack looked like it would result in a goal. Quality football on display kept the ball better than we have in previous games and was patient with the build up waiting for the chance not wasting anything. This is the team they are capable of being the makings of which could be seen but it never quite came together until today.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 78
headingly_mariner
August 27, 2016, 5:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Doesn't matter if you can't defend if you can attack like that. Bogle's performance was one of the best I have seen from a town player since we were in the championship. He was wonderful, he did everything we know he can and did it all in one game. That was the Vose we've been waiting for, in his other appearances he looked like he'd never played before, today he was taking the urine, absolute quality and a really exciting performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 78
gobby
August 27, 2016, 5:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Excellent game to watch, Stevenage looked ok at times.Best Ref we have had this season, let lots go for both sides. Bogle unstoppable, Somerfield dominant, Gowling poor 1st half but played well in the 2nd. Pearson should be on the team sheet week in week out.3 points deserved.
UTMM  

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 78
cjbill
August 27, 2016, 5:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Brilliant result today and Bogle gave possibly the best individual performance seen in a town shirt for years. Completely unplayable today. Performance wise I don't think it was too dissimilar to last week. We have obviously just managed to find the net. As others have said, leaking sloppy goals is the concern. Get that sorted and we are a team to be watched
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 78
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 6:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Doesn't matter if you can't defend if you can attack like that. Bogle's performance was one of the best I have seen from a town player since we were in the championship. He was wonderful, he did everything we know he can and did it all in one game. That was the Vose we've been waiting for, in his other appearances he looked like he'd never played before, today he was taking the urine, absolute quality and a really exciting performance.

My brother reckoned it was the best he's seen since Mendonca.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 78
Mariner93er
August 27, 2016, 6:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Absolutely gutted i couldnt br there today but great to hear about bogle. Sounds like hes finally brought together all the qualities we know he has into one performance, im delighted for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 78
Skrill
August 27, 2016, 6:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Bogle did great at holding up the ball. For me, that freekick  

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 78
joe56
August 27, 2016, 6:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
Omar's best game for us yet, and the MOM award was well deserved. Dom Vose, however, was equally good. Has the skill and vision of a Premier League player - and what a goal! I'd have him in the team every week without question on that performance. Pity he can't be accommodated in his best position of central midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 78
MuddyWaters
August 27, 2016, 6:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Freemoash88
I'll like to add Gowling has been impressive in the opening few games him and Shaun should start to perform a good partnership again given time. Andrew Boyce IMO is far to slow and should be considered backup.

Can't agree - we need a central defender with more pace than any of the three we've got at present. Would also add that that's the third mistake already this season for Macca.

Really happy with the performance of the midfield plus the full backs. Jackson was decent without being as good as he was against Morecambe but Omar outstanding today. From the first minute he used his strength to worry their defence, his finishing was sublime and he got rewarded with a fantastic hat-trick. We were better today than anything I've seen at BP since the 90's going forward. Tighten up the defence and we may have a better season than we might have dared hope for.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 78
friskneymariner
August 27, 2016, 6:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Well at least hurst should know his best team now.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 78
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 6:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
I also liked what Vernon did when he came on. He's a very intelligent player and will be an asset when up to speed. I think him and Bogle would make a great partnership.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 78
TheGoalKipper
August 27, 2016, 6:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from Mariner93er
Absolutely gutted i couldnt br there today but great to hear about bogle. Sounds like hes finally brought together all the qualities we know he has into one performance, im delighted for him.

As its a home game you can watch the full match on Mariners Player next week. It may be a few days late but it sounds like anyone not there will want to see this one. If we hit a bad path we can always watch this to remind us what we are capable of.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 78
headingly_mariner
August 27, 2016, 6:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from ginnywings

My brother reckoned it was the best he's seen since Mendonca.

I actually said the same to my mate and it's not something I've ever really said before.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 78
moosey_club
August 27, 2016, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
oh...and...

well done to the ball boys who i actually saw retrieve the ball several times today  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 78
davmariner
August 27, 2016, 6:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Great attacking display but disappointed with how we did at the back. Still haven't made my mind up about Danny Andrew as we generally seem a bit vulnerable down the left at times. Think he played a part in both conceded goals. Gowling has looked a bit shakey with his passing and McKeown generally hasn't quite looked himself conceding a couple of awful goals.

Well done to Pastandpresent (Vose) who was excellent. He's taken a bit of stick recently but he's offered more in one game than Berrett has in the last five.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 78
pontoonlew
August 27, 2016, 6:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
[url]http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/10555029/grimsby-5-2-stevenage[/url]

One of the best things about being back in the league, highlights!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 78
davmariner
August 27, 2016, 7:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Watching it back it was Pearson's man that headed in their second.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 78
Cloudy
August 27, 2016, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from davmariner
Watching it back it was Pearson's man that headed in their second.

First

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 78
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 27, 2016, 7:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Excellent going forward. Really chuffed for Bogle.

The more I looked at their second goal on the highlights the more convinced I became that McKeown could pretty easily have got the ball before it was crossed for the score.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
bradzmilne
August 27, 2016, 7:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
Going forward we was bloody fantastic, we looked like we'd score every time we had the ball. At times it felt like we has taking the urine with the fancy flicks and turns etc. But I would stick my neck out and say its the most exciting I've seen us going forward in a long, long time.  

If we go forward like that, we'll score against anyone but I still have a serious question marks about our defence. The first goal was poor enough, we just totally switched off but the second goal... Jesus Christ. I don't know who the blame totally lays with but its basics that was just totally forgotten - poor communication from a group of players Macca, Pearson and Gowling that have played together for a long time. Fortunately today it didn't matter but it's still not acceptable and it will bite us on the bottom in games too come if its not sorted.

Can't make my mind up on Summerfield, a good footballer but struggles when it gets physical IMO. I'd desire him as a luxury player, the type that plays well when things are going your way and his goal epitomises that . Next week against Notts County when we're much more likely too be having too battle, I dont think he'd be on my team sheet.

I'll make a prediction and say that there will be serious interest in Omar Bogle by Xmas if he carries on in this form. If he fancies it and gets an early goal, as today proved he is totally unplayable and will look out of place in league 2 very soon, our best hope is that we will be able to climb the leagues with him. 4 Goals in 5 league games now is it ? Fantastic stuff.

MOTM: It can only be one person, Omar Bogle but special mentions for Vose and Summerfield.

Looking forward too an away day in Nottingham now.

UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 7:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Excellent going forward. Really chuffed for Bogle.

The more I looked at their second goal on the highlights the more convinced I became that McKeown could pretty easily have got the ball before it was crossed for the score.

That was the feeling at the game. We expected him to keep coming and drop on the ball. We also felt his positioning was a bit 'no mans land' for the first.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
OllieGTFC
August 27, 2016, 7:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
I hope no scouts come in for bogle ! If they do no less than £2 million 😉

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 7:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from OllieGTFC
I hope no scouts come in for bogle ! If they do no less than £2 million 😉

Could do an Andre Gray on that showing and he went for a million didn't he? Early days though and he needs to keep up that standard from today to get a move upwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 78
promotion plaice
August 27, 2016, 7:20pm

Quoted from ginnywings

Could do an Andre Gray on that showing and he went for a million didn't he? Early days though and he needs to keep up that standard from today to get a move upwards.

With us hopefully.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 7:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from promotion plaice

With us hopefully.

Let's hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
jaygy
August 27, 2016, 7:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Listened to the game on radio today as I had to work but sounded like a great performance going forward.

I have purposely avoided all the other FL results so I can sit with a beer and watch channel 5 from 9pm and enjoy all the highlights including ours being on terrestrial. My god I love being back in the football league!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
Mrs Doyle
August 27, 2016, 7:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Great result but their second was shocking defending to let that player get to the ball when he had no right instead of somebody marshaling it out or knocking it away.

I'm sure Hurst will be seething at that and Macca's sluggish performance again he should have moved quick to smother that move.

Just watched it again Dis is having a right go at Macca but Andrew just stood still and let the guy cross the ball unchallenged right in the box between them they really fcked it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
hheh2
August 27, 2016, 8:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
How Stevenage scored two today was quite baffling I mean they had no attacking threat over the 90ms and got gifted through the freekick and the McKeown/Defensive mistake.

Totally preventable but not taking anything away from the performance at all!    UTM!

And Omar was INSANE today!!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
promotion plaice
August 27, 2016, 8:42pm

Their drummers were very audible today, what happened to ours ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 78
Balthazar Bullitt
August 27, 2016, 8:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Something has clicked with Omar that he's more than capable of going head to head with any central defender strength wise rather than looking for a ref to give him a decision. Had one of their players on the floor in the first 5 minutes. Once they realised he wasn't going to be bullied they were running scared of him all game. More games like that and we're in for a windfall . Hell of a standard to play to every week but if he can keep the same mind set as he had today he's going to have a great season.
Thought we looked a lot more in control once we got Vose into the game. Totally composed on the ball and gave nothing away. Plenty of work off the ball too. Should start every game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 78
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2016, 8:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Just back..............To Stevenage and really looking forward to wearing my Town shirt round Asda tomorrow morning and the pub in the afternoon.

Differences between this week and previous games? We where 100% better in the final 3rd today than we where last week. I was also proved wrong as I said on here last week that Omar and Kayden should not start together but on the basis of Omar's 2nd today they could be a strong partnership.

Also when we had the opportunity we tried to play with tempo and pass the ball, the movement was better today than I have seen in ages, we looked creative and we pressed on a more consistent basis for the full game.

The balance was much better and that was underlined by the man in possession having more options to pass the ball or switch the play. The other thing I liked was that we now have a number of players who fancy themselves and will have a shot unlike the last few years when we have dicked about with it at the edge of the box.......It really could have been 8 - 2 today based upon Omar hitting the bar and their keeper making 2 really good saves in the 2nd half.

To be fair I know that they had a big game mid week versus Stoke but I have never seen a team that unfit and flabby as they are at this stage of the season? They where blowing out of their arses after 20 mins. I know the fitness coach at Stevenage Rugby Club and he could get them looking twice as fit in a month.

On the drive home I had a few things on my mind,

1. Omar was unstoppable today, we saw the player he could be.
2. After a few reversals morale and confidence looked good amongst the players today - well done PH
3  Dom Vose at some point needs to play behind 2 strikers
4 James needs to wake up, his save n the first half was excellent, his performance for the 2nd was inept and unprofessional.
5. And most importantly it's "gelling" and we are nor far away from being a side that will not go down.

Well done to The players and staff today, top job!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 78
lee65
August 27, 2016, 9:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Not must to add really,

Great entertainment,  Bogle unplayable, strong, direct and skilful , and Vose just took the urine out of them for most of the 2nd half, sure he'll have a few "passenger" days but the confidence, swagger and skill today was mesmerising at times

Yes, we need to sort it with silly goals, but let's not dwell on that tonight

Proud to be a GTFC fan  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 78
GYinScuntland
August 27, 2016, 9:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Enjoyed that, it felt and looked good in the upper. Cracking afternoon with mates and decent football.
I'll be getting my first seaso for 20 years on Monday, never been worth it before with shifts but retirements come at the right time methinks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 78
jonnyboy82
August 27, 2016, 9:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Just had a thought and i think its a valid one with the transfer window closing next week and with bogle scoring goals last season and a hatrick today in the league will clubs who will have in no doubt monitored him make a bid ?

Maybe not but i wouldnt be surprised after his performance today, the lad could go far if he keeps going playing like that but i personally hope no one gets tempted.

I genuinely wonder what his value is now compared to the 50 k we paid for him, my guess is at least 200 grand as of now.

He keeps progressing and scoring and that could at least double by the end of the season imo.

Thoughts ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 78
AndyGTFC
August 27, 2016, 9:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Was a cracking watch. That's the sort of result that the performances have promised so far this season. I think we've shown enough to see that we've got a decent side here in all the games to be honest so I didn't particularly panic about the defeats but the difference is we got the three points today.

Special mention has to go to Bogle of course, who was sensational and proved why he was so highly rated at Solihull. A hat-trick and two assists in a 5-2 win, not bad! Dom Vose was also very, very good, which will do him the world of good after getting a bit of stick early on.

There are still definite question marks defensively, we let in two sloppy goals again and Stevenage also had more chances to punish is in the first half, I'd agree with PH when he says we were better against Leyton Orient in the first half, but going forward, particularly in the second half - wow! We looked like scoring every time we went forward. More please!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 78
stevethefish
August 27, 2016, 9:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 86
Simple message from me. Well Done Omar.

Three significant performances - Braintree, Wembley and today.

Starting to become a player who makes a difference in games that matter. Today was crucial to build confidence. Well done and thank you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 78
jamesgtfc
August 27, 2016, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Braintree away was the turning point for Bogle. As a player he needs to feel loved and he become a hero that day.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 78
gb
August 27, 2016, 10:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +36
Omars second goal reminded me of lreddy doing the cut in and finish!!! Buzzing at the result and gutted I didn't make it today. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 78
Tommy
August 27, 2016, 10:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Not too much to add to what's already been said but there's enough of the same criticisms on here after a defeat so i'll still post anyway.

Bogle and Vose were fantastic. Pearson absolutely impeccable throughout.

Bogle's all round game was so pleasing to see. Work-rate, team-work, 2 assists (great work for Summerfields goal), great strength, hold up play and more importantly a massive goal threat all afternoon.

Vose showed what he's shown glimpses of already, that he's the most technically gifted footballer we have at the club. I love watching players who are comfortable with the ball in tight areas and when opposition players are getting around them. Vose seems to actually thrive on this. Happy to receive the ball with a man near him. Great strength to hold players off and then despite not being quick he can beat players for fun as he did 2 or 3 in one run in the first half.

Shaun Pearson. Dead pleased for him. I thought he was rightfully out of the team at the time last season, and thought that of our centre-backs this year, he would be the one who would find it too tough at this level and maybe not be quite good enough. HOWEVER, he's ended up being our best centre-back now and the first CB on the teamsheet. Was solid last week against Orient but for an unfortunate slip (thats all it was) and was absolutey faultless today too. When we sign a new centre half it should be to partner Shaun. Boyce i dont think looks L2 quality and Gowling's form is worrying me as he is getting bullied and looking sloppy.

We scored 5 great goals today. When they got their first one (bogle's only real negative today giving away poor free kick in that area) I thought the Chambers chance at 2-0 couldve come back to haunt us, but our attacking play today was on a different level to what we've produced so far.

Don't know what Macca was doing for their second. To come out of your goal like that, then stop and let the guy get the ball and cross it in front of the net youv'e just left open???

We could've had more today as well as the Stevenage keeper was actually quite good, making several important saves. I thought Stevenage actually passed the ball and moved it very well at times today. Saying that, they didn't really create anything and i only really remember Macca's save where to be fair he got down well to his right.

Bottom line, really really enjoyable game to watch and another 3 points in the bag.

Now lets take a massive following to Meadow Lane.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 78
TAGG
August 27, 2016, 10:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Great when you can walk away from BP and can't wait for the next game to come around.
Best performance I have seen from a Town striker for a very long time.
Vose was real class today.
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 78
Mariner_09
August 27, 2016, 10:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I've never seem an all round performance as good as Omar Bogle's today. If he can be half as well as that every week he'll be off to Walsall for 750k in January. His ball control, awarness, aerial ability, hold up play was impeccable. Also got his first two goals at the Ponny and first free kick. Absolutely superb.

Also thought Summerfield was excellent. His use of the ball, work off the ball, tackling were excellent and his finish was brilliant and also rattled the bar.

I can see why Hursty is frantically trying to sign an extra centre half, to play alongside Gowling in my opinion. This guy needs to be dominating and athletic to compensate for the current lack of the stated attributes. I'm expecting if that is the case that we will look more secure. I thought McKeown was good today. Made an excellent save and commanded his area well I thought. The second goal was a lack of communication between McKeown and Pearson where both tried to deal with it and resulted in neither of them doing anything.

Controversially I agree with Hursty. We completely outplayed Orient for 52 minutes last week but bar Omar only played well in patches today. We looked shakier defensively today but that first goal was an undefendable free kick by McAnuff.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
August 27, 2016, 11:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Just had a thought and i think its a valid one with the transfer window closing next week and with bogle scoring goals last season and a hatrick today in the league will clubs who will have in no doubt monitored him make a bid ?

Maybe not but i wouldnt be surprised after his performance today, the lad could go far if he keeps going playing like that but i personally hope no one gets tempted.

I genuinely wonder what his value is now compared to the 50 k we paid for him, my guess is at least 200 grand as of now.

He keeps progressing and scoring and that could at least double by the end of the season imo.

Thoughts ?

Well for once we are completely in the driving seat. Two more years on his contract; we can afford to keep him and develop him into a very good player before even considering any offers, unless it is really big money. We obviously wont keep him for ever but this is a chance for us to maximise the fee. It will also underline the fact that we should keep searching for these rough diamonds a league or two below.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 78
CairnsMariner
August 28, 2016, 12:36am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
Quoted from ginnywings
Any nonsense about this side not being as good as last seasons is firmly put to bed today. As good an attacking display of football as i have seen for many a season and Bogle was unplayable. A 10/10 performance that will have scouts driving to BP if h keeps that up. Scored three, made two, hit the bar with a piledriver and they simply couldn't handle him. The confidence was flowing through him.

Vose was a bag of tricks and scored possibly the goal of the game but that's difficult to judge because they were all fantastic. As an attacking unit, we were unstoppable. The back line is still a worry though and McKeown didn't cover himself in glory. At fault for both goals, especially the second and he is making the defence jittery IMO.

Some excellent performances today but the team as a whole just clicked going forward and we got the goals we deserved last week. Still not seen anything to worry about in this league and i'm still confident we will do well. Even more so after today. Need to stop shipping goals though and that's the only blot from today.

The best standard of football i have seen at BP for years and years. We have some very good players. Onward and upward.

Fabulous to be reading such positivity in a Town [Football League] match review.

Brilliant result - even against a struggling side - and great to see us getting some reward for what reads like good football so far this season. Yes, we clearly need to stop leaking soft goals and we need to start picking up results away from BP, but at least we are looking like what we are, a football league side (I'll admit to being a little nervous about that preseason).

UTM

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 78
Mariner_09
August 28, 2016, 12:45am
Whiskey Drinker
All the teams I have seen so far (I wasn't at Colchester admittedly) haven't given me anything to worry about. We looked far more technically and athletically gifted compared with previous years and I said even before today that the squad needed a major overhaul as we finished 21 points behind Cheltenham who aren't exactly setting the world alight. Still think an athletic and dominating centre half would help, a Nathan Pond style player. In a strange sort of way I think Dis looks better this year, he seems to benefit from having players as if not more composed on the ball around him. In the conference he was surrounded by players with awful touches who panicked when anyone ran near them and he seems happier to move the ball quicket to players he knows can control it.

Private Message
Reply: 55 - 78
Davec
August 28, 2016, 7:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Well I don't think we were faultless from start to finish because we were scrappy at times, but when we were good we looked absolutely fantastic.

I think today you could see the difference from league 2 to the conference, sharper quicker passing, more intelligent, and at times we passed extremely well.

Disley was efficient and contributed to the team by keeping a cool calm head and he kept the ball moving, Summerfield was effective also, well taken goal, Chambers I don't think offers much goal threat, although he did come close a few times today, but he's a bloody grafter, absolute work horse which is what we like to see, Jackson was decent without overly effective but again he's a grafter and he'll be a good player for us over the course of the season I'm sure.

Defensively shaky again, you can understand why Hurst is searching for defensive upgrades, and if John Fenty is to be believed when he said 4 could be coming in, I hope a new keeper is one of them to challenge Mckeown, I thought Pearson had a good game but could have done better for both goals, Gowling is the weak link to me, he was a fine defender in the conference for us but I think he's out of his depth here, looks a bag of nerves, even when on the ball with no opposition player closing him down he still looks rushed! I think at 33/34 years old, conference is his level, he just looks like a walking disaster, a mistake always looks imminent! and obviously Hurst couldn't do much because he was already under contract anyway so it is what it is, however it is with regret that I say I wouldn't like him with us next season. Mckeown made a fine sharp save first half but undone it all by not covering himself with glory for either goal! the 2nd was absolutely abysmal goalkeeping!

I'll reserve a mention to the 2 standouts today Vose and Bogle.

I criticized Vose after Derby you may remember but today I thought he was absolutely Incredible, his close ball control really is a cut above, he style of play means he does the unpredictable, would hate to be playing against him because you just don't know what he'll do next! like his goal was totally out of the blue! it suprised the goalkeeper and it suprised the fans because we were abit late to jump up celebrating, absolute superb performance.

But Omar Bogle was sensational, 3 goals and 2 assists, all 3 goals had a touch of class and both goals were good assists also! he was absolutely perfect today, won headers, held the ball up, beat defenders, and contributed to all 5 goals! I actually thought his hattrick wasn't going to come because he cracked the bar from 25 yards and their keeper palmed away some crackers from him, I didn't think he would get his hat trick, then when we got the free kick right at the death, I'm not really confident with Bogle stepping over free kicks but I can understand him taking this one because he wanted his hattrick and he got his hattrick in fine style, he was unplayable today, no defender could have stopped him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 78
rancido
August 28, 2016, 11:36am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
I think yesterdays showed  Maccas strengths and weaknesses. His reaction saves and general positioning are fine but he doesn't command his six yard box enough for my liking and I get the impression that he isn't very vocal ( maybe some of you Pontoonites can confirm this). As we are in higher division this season then his weaknesses could be exposed even more. For the first goal he should have been challenging for the high cross at the back post within the six yard box and God knows what he was thinking about for the second. I don't want to take anything away from what wa a great town performance but leaking goals that are self-inflicted can really unsettle the defence.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 78
TheRealJohnLewis
August 28, 2016, 11:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Braintree away was the turning point for Bogle. As a player he needs to feel loved and he become a hero that day.

Aldershot away when he came on as a sub.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 78
TheExiledMariner_Dubai
August 28, 2016, 12:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +49
I love macca but does he need some competition. Hes a shoe in at the moment with just an OAP for cover?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 78
rancido
August 28, 2016, 5:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
I love macca but does he need some competition. Hes a shoe in at the moment with just an OAP for cover?

Personally I don't think he needs competition - he needs to look at the weaknesses in his game and work on them. I'm completely sure that Warrington can see this and it is up to him to coach the problems in Maccas approach.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 78
fleabag1970
August 28, 2016, 5:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I think Macca needs an arm around him and some serious work on commanding the box other wise we are gonna need 2 goals to win every game

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
jonnyboy82
August 28, 2016, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
A keeper coming would help him , imo he needs it.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
Cloudy
August 28, 2016, 6:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Having someone on the training pitch and then sat on the bench will stop silly errors of judgement?

Not sure to be honest, if McKeown was making mistakes through lack of effort, being over weight then bringing in someone else would help focus his mind but are these errors in his mind?
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
Garth
August 28, 2016, 6:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Not a lot to add, we need another keeper for competition as this is fast becoming a worrying factor, a centre half who can command the box alongside one of the other three, and a striker for the bench as he would struggle to play on yesterdays performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
Teestogreen
August 28, 2016, 8:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

Where's Norman Bates when you need him?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
TonySmith
August 28, 2016, 9:22pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
I don't think Macca was the only one to blame for the second goal. These things happen from time to time and their player took advantage of the hesitation really well, I thought. And don't forget he made an outstanding save in the first half, getting down very quickly to a well hit shot from well inside the penalty area. I do agree that we should have a second goalkeeper though for serious competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
Belfast Town
August 28, 2016, 9:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,699
Gold Stars: 19
Mine and Mrs Belfast Town's first game of the season, and our first league game for six years (or however long it's been). Loved it. Action-packed, couldn't take my eyes off it for a second.

I have to say we really look like a promising team. Bogle was magnificent; and I loved watching Vose - a cult hero in the making. And Davies is some unit.

Just need to get the defence sorted and we really could be challenging.

Tickets picked up for Notts County away. See you all on Saturday. UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
99agrant
August 28, 2016, 10:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 4
After seeing how easily we beat Morecambe first game, can't believe they are top!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
oldun
August 29, 2016, 2:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from TonySmith
I don't think Macca was the only one to blame for the second goal. These things happen from time to time and their player took advantage of the hesitation really well, I thought. And don't forget he made an outstanding save in the first half, getting down very quickly to a well hit shot from well inside the penalty area. I do agree that we should have a second goalkeeper though for serious competition.

Yes there were other players near the ball, but when your keeper comes out you naturally leave it to him to deal with, but he stopped and did nothing. He could have picked it up, dropped on it at least stopped the guy rolling it across an empty goal. If he was not going to get it he should have stayed put.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
Mariner_09
August 29, 2016, 2:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
I think he initially made the correct decision to come out and claim the ball or flop on it but he ended up in no man's land and left the defence looking like they were doing nothing as they fully expected him to come and claim it.

Private Message
Reply: 70 - 78
Bigdog
August 29, 2016, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I'd put McKeown at fault, but Pearson switched off before that. Wrong side and too square of the forward he was marking. Then instead of attempting to shepherd the ball to the keeper which is taught to all centre halves, he didn't even stay alert to cut down the space or the cross either. Got outjumped easily for the first goal too. The ball in wasn't whipped in or too hard to defend, just got himself in a really bad position to be bullied. I'm a great fan of Shaun, but I can't agree with some posters that he had a faultless game looking at those two goals..Had we lost, the defending of those two goals would have been scrutinised a lot more and the failings of our defence highlighted even more than they have..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
Mrs Doyle
August 29, 2016, 5:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Looking at that again three players were at fault for there second goal I am sure Hurst will address this to let a player get so close to the goal unchallenged and then have time to cut it back was criminal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
geir
August 29, 2016, 5:18pm

Exile
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
For me, the outstanding players in this game were: Summerfield, Vose and Chambers.
Davies and Andrew were solid and a special mention must go to McKeown for saving that chance in the first half were he went down like The Flash to catch the ball.
Bogle were not outstanding to me - he was more like The God of football in this game. If he continues to play like that, we need to offer him a new contract at Christmas - a five-year deal would be nice!
Sorry for my late report - can not watch the games until they are available on Mariners Player.
I would also like to conclude that this team are way more solid than the one last season, so yet again I think that Mr. Hurst has done a splendid job - he truly deserves his model wife and his fast cars. A truly powerful and attractive guy!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
TheGoalKipper
August 29, 2016, 5:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from geir
For me, the outstanding players in this game were: Summerfield, Vose and Chambers.
Davies and Andrew were solid and a special mention must go to McKeown for saving that chance in the first half were he went down like The Flash to catch the ball.
Bogle were not outstanding to me - he was more like The God of football in this game. If he continues to play like that, we need to offer him a new contract at Christmas - a five-year deal would be nice!

Sorry for my late report - can not watch the games until they are available on Mariners Player.

I would also like to conclude that this team are way more solid than the one last season, so yet again I think that Mr. Hurst has done a splendid job - he truly deserves his model wife and his fast cars. A truly powerful and attractive guy!

All of us 'long distance' supporters are benefitting from this initiative by the club on MP. The best town have played for a long time in most peoples view and im certainly very happy i got to see it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 78
Les Brechin
August 29, 2016, 6:26pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from geir

The new feature of the whole game being shown on Mariners Player must be a Godsend for fans like yourself Geir who can't get to the games.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
geir
August 29, 2016, 7:44pm

Exile
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

The new feature of the whole game being shown on Mariners Player must be a Godsend for fans like yourself Geir who can't get to the games.

Absolutely! Listening to Radio Humberside on matchday and then watching all of the game a couple of days later on Mariners Player is quite an improvement on things for me! It is almost like Christmas every week now for me! I can even watch Mr. Hurst in person sharing his views on the world before and after games are played. Which is nice as I think Mr. Hurst, Paul Hurst, is the James Bond of the Football League. So relaxed, but with a killer instinct and a glint in his eye.
I even get access to the other clubs Players so that I can do some research (spying) on our opponents before we play them.
In one word - Fantastic!  

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
AndyDarloFC
September 10, 2016, 12:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Just catching up with some Town news.

Old news this, but I must say I was massively impressed with Bogle at the Stevenage game when I come down. Very effective and had a fantastic game.

Vose seems decent on the ball, looks lazy off the ball though. Still had a good game mind.

Defensively, it looks like you could do with some stability as they looked a little lost at times, but 3 points is all that matters. If it wasn't for the Stevenage keeper, you'd of scored 7/8. Fair play!

I'll be back for the Hartlepool game at the end of the month.

#UpTheMariners

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 77 - 78
lukeo
September 10, 2016, 6:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
you get full games on mariners player ? that has tempted me to purchase it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.